Applies for Giulia and Probably Stelvio Too. Saw a great difference in sound and throttle response. Highly recommend buying!
That is the exact reason why I did a few extra steps, our clamps were also in the down position and so to make sure we didn't scratch or break anything we wanted maximum wiggle room, after we were completed we made sure the clamps were facing in the top position for future use.My filter arrived yesterday and I installed it last night. I used the video as a guide, so thank you for posting that. I found it unnecessary to do a couple of the steps you did. I removed the screws from the air box cover, and removed the two rings from pipes that have the purple line on them. Pulled off the pipes from that connection and removed the coolant overflow line from the back of the air box. The air box cover at this point lifts up at the front and is held in place with tabs at the back. I pulled out the original filter and installed the new one and did the reverse. I'm not sure if you had the same trouble as me but on my car the tabs to release the clamp with the purple ring was on the bottom side of the pipe and hard to get to. The driver's side wasn't too bad, but trying to get to it on the passengers side with the coolant tank in the way was a pain. A screwdriver was to big for this task for the space I had to work with so I used an Allen key to pry them apart. This was very fiddly on the passengers side still because of the lack of space to get you hands through. If you were lucky enough that those tabs we're on the top for you then I need to have a word with the person that installed mine at the factory.
I did the same thing as it will be far easier in the future to clean the filter. To be honest, it might have been impossible to put them back on at the bottom as you would not be able to get a tool in the space to reinstall it there. I suspect the engine is installed fully built with all the pipes attached. Somebody didn't think that through during the development. Makes me wonder how much the first air filter change would cost an owner at the dealership.That is the exact reason why I did a few extra steps, our clamps were also in the down position and so to make sure we didn't scratch or break anything we wanted maximum wiggle room, after we were completed we made sure the clamps were facing in the top position for future use.