Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm getting closer and closer to a purchase (Giulia Ti Sport AWD). I've gone to a first dealer visit, test drove, and reading tons on this forum. Many (buyers in US) are referencing $1000's discounted from msrp - mostly on previous year model, but some say so for new orders, even on '19s.

I'm trying to figure out if in the greater Toronto area, or close to - has anyone had traction with discounts on a factory order?

Demos or whatever new cars the dealers have stocked (or will get) are unlikely to be a match, as I'm pretty picky on my specs (red on red, perf package, sunroof, audio, leather package), so I'd be ordering.

I've only been to 1 dealer so far, and haven't pushed too hard on the pricing since info on '19 models isn't so clear yet. He seems to be indicating pretty much no discount. I'm trying to gauge if this is just our regular negotiation dance, or if this is to be expected with the limited options (picky specs, limited stock, limited dealers, etc). I will still call a few other near'ish dealers to see what they say - just wanted to hear from other's purchase experiences. There are $1250+tax in dealer garbage charges on my no-haggle quote sheet.

Fyi, dealer is saying rebates for '18s just came out now, halfway through the year as '19s get closer (implying '19s would not get any Alfa discounts until this time next year). And seems that no new '18 orders are being accepted, it's '19s going forward (so recent rebates would only be for whatever is already in stock).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Dear need4speed:

From what I understand, this month is when MY19's will start being built. My thoughts are that any price is negotiable. If you have two dealers to play off against one another, that would be ideal. But still, if you have only one dealer, tell them what you want, show them that you are serious, and they will respond in most instances. Just be prepared to walk and wait and they will probably reach out to you with an offer.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi, I'm getting closer and closer to a purchase (Giulia Ti Sport AWD). I've gone to a first dealer visit, test drove, and reading tons on this forum. Many (buyers in US) are referencing $1000's discounted from msrp - mostly on previous year model, but some say so for new orders, even on '19s.

I'm trying to figure out if in the greater Toronto area, or close to - has anyone had traction with discounts on a factory order?

Demos or whatever new cars the dealers have stocked (or will get) are unlikely to be a match, as I'm pretty picky on my specs (red on red, perf package, sunroof, audio, leather package), so I'd be ordering.

I've only been to 1 dealer so far, and haven't pushed too hard on the pricing since info on '19 models isn't so clear yet. He seems to be indicating pretty much no discount. I'm trying to gauge if this is just our regular negotiation dance, or if this is to be expected with the limited options (picky specs, limited stock, limited dealers, etc). I will still call a few other near'ish dealers to see what they say - just wanted to hear from other's purchase experiences. There are $1250+tax in dealer garbage charges on my no-haggle quote sheet.

Fyi, dealer is saying rebates for '18s just came out now, halfway through the year as '19s get closer (implying '19s would not get any Alfa discounts until this time next year). And seems that no new '18 orders are being accepted, it's '19s going forward (so recent rebates would only be for whatever is already in stock).
Since you list your location as Toronto, there is a small problem with the AR dealership network in the area. All 3 dealerships in the GTA (AR of Toronto in downtown T.O, Maranello AR in Vaughn, & AR of Oakville) have the same owner, R.Ferri Automotive Group. As such, there is very little incentive for them to give you any discount at all, regardless if you are buying off the lot or factory ordering. (One salesperson flat out told me there is no discount whatsoever. MSRP only.)

The only 3 other dealerships in the entire province of Ontario are in London, Windsor, & Ottawa.

I heard a rumour that Endras Auto Group will open a new AR dealership in Pickering near the end of the year, near where Endras BMW is now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, impressive - great deal.

Def don't want to deal with out of province / country though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since you list your location as Toronto, there is a small problem with the AR dealership network in the area. All 3 dealerships in the GTA (AR of Toronto in downtown T.O, Maranello AR in Vaughn, & AR of Oakville) have the same owner, R.Ferri Automotive Group. As such, there is very little incentive for them to give you any discount at all, regardless if you are buying off the lot or factory ordering. (One salesperson flat out told me there is no discount whatsoever. MSRP only.)

The only 3 other dealerships in the entire province of Ontario are in London, Windsor, & Ottawa.

I heard a rumour that Endras Auto Group will open a new AR dealership in Pickering near the end of the year, near where Endras BMW is now.
Ugh ok, I didn't know this - that's helpful. I don't think I'll want to wait for possible Pickering (especially since the car itself will take so long to arrive). I didn't want to have to consider London, but, maybe it'll be worth it. Will check ... thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ugh ok, I didn't know this - that's helpful. I don't think I'll want to wait for possible Pickering (especially since the car itself will take so long to arrive). I didn't want to have to consider London, but, maybe it'll be worth it. Will check ... thanks.
yeah I would consider London/Windsor dealer (same owner)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts