Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if when you special order a car, if you can negotiate price either when ordering or when car arrives. Is everyone paying MSRP or do you have any leverage as cars in inventory seem to be significantly discounted. (Ti's in stock seem to loaded and MSRP around $50k, whereas I would like Rosso ext, tan/tobacco lusso seats, TI lusso package, static safety pkg, HK audio and Nav and paddle shifters, adjustable suspension....)

·
Registered
7 Posts
As foolish as it may sound, I too am curious about this. I've never special ordered a car before and logically it sounds like the dealer would be more incentivized to sell vehicles from stock.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes, you can try to negotiate on special order cars. Some dealers will and some won't. Be careful with the terms - try for something like "$X off MSRP less any additional incentives available at the time of purchase". Some dealers will require a deposit. Try to get a refundable deposit in the $500-$1000 range.
Also note that FCA Affiliate rewards may be available if you work for a company or are a member of an organization that is an affiliate. This allows you to get 1% below invoice on ordered cars (except QV).

Reactions: Jason McInnis

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes discounts can be had, I was able to negotiate between 2 different dealers in my area. Ended up getting $2k off MSRP on my special order.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you can try to negotiate on special order cars. Some dealers will and some won't. Be careful with the terms - try for something like "$X off MSRP less any additional incentives available at the time of purchase". Some dealers will require a deposit. Try to get a refundable deposit in the $500-$1000 range.
Also note that FCA Affiliate rewards may be available if you work for a company or are a member of an organization that is an affiliate. This allows you to get 1% below invoice on ordered cars (except QV).
Thanks, Verrilli!!!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
While incentives are sometimes limited to in-stock vehicles, nothing prevents you from negotiating a deal on a car ordered for delivery.
Just make sure to get the particulars in writing so there are no surprises when the car arrives and it's time to transact the purchase or lease.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
$3000 off a QV
Invoice for a 2.0
Those are the deals to be had on MY 18 special orders
PM me if you can't match those deals

1 - 7 of 7 Posts