Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove 2 hours to the Kiawah Island car show today because I had read in the paper that Rick Hendrick AR was going to "showcase" the new Giulia. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on buying a TI when we get home to Ohio, and I thought this would be a good chance to introduce my wife to my new "girl". The show was from 10 to 3. We got there at noon and walked the entire grounds - no Giulia. I finally asked the owner of a yellow 4c Spider who told me that the Giulia (and dealer rep) had pulled out about 11:30.

This was a highly attended show with many potential buyers like me, and this is how they "showcase" the Giulia? 90 minutes?

I don't get it, particularly after the newspaper article citing that the dealer would "showcase the sleek new Giulia Alfa Romeo cars". They were the only dealer mentioned in the article. My wife was even disappointed and you don't want her bummed out when I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger. Very badly played, guys.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Lame! I think they were a little skittish given the teething problems and bugged out asap. I heard there would be Alfa events here at 2 of the dealers. Nothing panned out afaik, and definitely not local on the Auto mile in Norwood. Last week however, the Ferrari Club and Alfa club drove in to Berlin CT from all over NE and had a blast. Giulia and Stelvio there all day. Us diehards left after 2PM and got hosed with steady downpours all the way back to Boston. Good new is stability control works great on the 360. I finally washed her yesterday before the next monsoon. But didn't finish all the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
This thread will get their attention.

Any time my Quadrifoglio has been invited to be showcased at Guilia launch parties, the dealer reps confirmed multiple times that the car would definitely be there to meet with their advertising promotion. I'd feel really bad if I were not able to meet my obligation.

Dunno where the Alfa Romeo corporate cars are these days. Still in the hands of journalists or who knows?

Sorry you missed it seeing the cars. Hopefully something good will come out of it.

Reactions: Alan
1 - 4 of 4 Posts