Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Is there a way to disable the "Remote Start" feature. I never use it. However, if the key is in my pocket, it wants to be used (much like the panic button). This is a danger when the car is in the garage. Yesterday, I went to the garage and the car was on:surprise:

Long story short: any way to turn off this feature? Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've never had any issues with any of the buttons on the fob being pressed accidentally so I find it intriguing that so many people are. Unfortunately there's no way to disable to remote start to my knowledge. I guess just make sure there's nothing else in your pocket to hit the buttons.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I have had car fobs before and never had a problem - However, the Alfa's panic button has caused some embarrassment a number of times. Maybe if it was programmed to be hit 3 times it might be better.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hi All,

Is there a way to disable the "Remote Start" feature. I never use it. However, if the key is in my pocket, it wants to be used (much like the panic button). This is a danger when the car is in the garage. Yesterday, I went to the garage and the car was on:surprise:

Long story short: any way to turn off this feature? Thanks!
There are several threads about how to take apart the key FOB and modify it. These changes will be permanent though. I keep threatening to disable most of the buttons as they like to operate by themselves. My engine has started, the trunk lid opens, the panic alarm goes off, just cause I bend over with the key in my pocket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts