Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience of using a different dealer for their first free service? I'm contemplating using Miller as I just looked and Miller is only another 25 minutes extra to go and I've only heard good things. Don't have an 'issue' with my current one but was considering checking them out as a backup for any future work. I have the reminder from my dealer with locally references material as an FYI.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had my 10k service done at a different dealer than my purchasing one. Had no problems, service was still free. Granted I had been there once before for some updates, but I don't think you should have any problems.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If I recall correctly before my first visit when I called in they just wanted my information, the VIN, and the selling dealers information. When i went back for the first official service, I just told them I needed the 10k service done and that was it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
With the car lineup they have it would be hard to imagine that you wouldn't. Let us know and and I'll certainly take you up on that beer! :grin2:

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Remember, first service is not always free. I learned this recently when they checked my VIN and told me mine wasn’t. Seems churlish of Alfa, but there you have it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Remember, first service is not always free. I learned this recently when they checked my VIN and told me mine wasn’t. Seems churlish of Alfa, but there you have it.
Did they give any explanation of why it wasn't? Had you done an oil change prior to the first service? I was under the impression that Alfa covered every Giulia's first service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My understanding is that only the 10,000 mile service/oil change is free. I paid for an oil change at 4,000 miles, at Kelly Alfa/Maserati, who I did not buy the car from. We were not expecting to be offered a loaner, and despite a sleet-storm in progress, they handed us the keys to a 2018 Maserati. A very nice ride but my wife preferred her Alfa!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Has anyone had any experience of using a different dealer for their first free service? I'm contemplating using Miller as I just looked and Miller is only another 25 minutes extra to go and I've only heard good things. Don't have an 'issue' with my current one but was considering checking them out as a backup for any future work. I have the reminder from my dealer with locally references material as an FYI.
Where did you purchase your car from?

Larchmont in Westchester?

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
As did I, the salesman was great!, the service well not so much....I think at the time they were just in over their head....
Miller is where I have brought mine since the initial issue was solved by them and not the selling dealer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yup, Eric in Larchmont was fantastic, and they offered me a really aggressive price to buyback my Audi A6 (6k more than anyone else.). That said, when I had a couple of issues early one, I was getting some nonsense answers from their service department so I then decided to give Miller a try and Elliot there has been fantastic.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I would imagine though the hourly rate at Miller Motors would be significantly higher than at Larchmont don't you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Did they give any explanation of why it wasn't? Had you done an oil change prior to the first service? I was under the impression that Alfa covered every Giulia's first service.
The dealership stated it was not a universal policy, and the vehicle would have to be noted as having such. No previous oil service, quote on oil change is only $85, thou...much better than elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My understanding is that only the 10,000 mile service/oil change is free. I paid for an oil change at 4,000 miles, at Kelly Alfa/Maserati, who I did not buy the car from. We were not expecting to be offered a loaner, and despite a sleet-storm in progress, they handed us the keys to a 2018 Maserati. A very nice ride but my wife preferred her Alfa!
I've not been in for any oil change / anything other than small warranty stuff so expecting it to be free. I will also get them to change the break fluid for the new season (I will buy it though). I'm only at 6k ish last time I looked. Yeah my dealer offered me two Fiats for a loaner last time I went, which I said no to before the Giulia so if I win out with a Mas i'll be laughing all the way home :)

Where did you purchase your car from?
Larchmont in Westchester?
No Danbury and it's a Fiat dealer too. I'm after another car in a few years so thinking to check on the Miller stock and kill about 4 birds with one stone ;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yup, Eric in Larchmont was fantastic, and they offered me a really aggressive price to buyback my Audi A6 (6k more than anyone else.). That said, when I had a couple of issues early one, I was getting some nonsense answers from their service department so I then decided to give Miller a try and Elliot there has been fantastic.
Elliot was my SA too. Incredibly responsive and pro-active in giving updates.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts