Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. Currently I drive a 11 years old Saab and I'm exploring the idea of replacing it in a few years. The engine is well know to some of you, the 1.9TiDS with an official power upgrade to 175hp and 370Nm. There are only 2 brands I'm considering, being Alfa Romeo one of them. I always liked Alfas :)
The other day I briefly visited a dealership and I asked them to pop up the hood of a 2.2 giulia (to check where things where, and if the air filter was finally accessible ) and, for my not so big surprise, I couldn't see an engine oil dipstick as in many other brands (although it seems mercedes is bringing the dipstick again). I asked the sales man but he couldn't also find it. So my question is, does the 2.2 have or not an engine oil dipstick? Couldn't find any image on the internet with a dipstick.
Thanks and regards.
David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one? The thing is I've already contacted the Alfa Romeo customer line and they guaranteed the Giulia had a dipstick ( the vendor and i couldn't find it). I wonder if the information they passed was for petrol engines only...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I visited another stand very quickly and the salesman wasn't able to tell me either (the second person in a different stand; for the brand's sake, I hope these guys receive some training). Anyway I was able to find it myself, not very accessible though. A bit low on the right side, when in front of the vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I visited another stand very quickly and the salesman wasn't able to tell me either (the second person in a different stand; for the brand's sake, I hope these guys receive some training). Anyway I was able to find it myself, not very accessible though. A bit low on the right side, when in front of the vehicle.
It's easier if you remove the top cover - only takes a few seconds .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts