Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, what has a majority of the Giulia owners done?

Buy or lease?

I bought my car.

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,903 Posts
Still waiting for my car to be delivered...

A lease will not work for me, so I will be buying.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Purchased 2017 Ti Q4.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Leased - Ti Q4... 2 years, came out to a great deal, plus can write off a portion used for business...

TBH, if I got a QV, I'd have purchased as I'd want to keep it forever.... Hopefully in another 20mos!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I should have started a poll with this thread but regardless I think it's great to learn what fellow Alfisti did!

I have just have always purchased vehicles in the past.

My last new car was 18 years ago and I still have it!

This will be primarly my wife's car but I am sure I'll drive it often as well.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,748 Posts
Leased.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Purchased. This is my daily and I'm driving a minimum of 20K miles a year, lease wasn't an option.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Leased. Ti Q2. I lease for 36 months and typically turn in around 30 months. Cars have typically been worth more than what buyout is. I don’t want to be beyond warranty period and seem to move on in Brand or model. Lease was decent and I also was wondering about reliability issues. I do love this car!

·
Registered
21 Posts
2017 Ti Q2. 24 month lease (better terms than 36). Just hit 2K miles with no issues and I love the car, so planning to buy it at the end. However, with lease terms of literally zero interest an no required cap reduction, I decided to hedge my bets with a lease in case the market value tanks or something serious breaks in the first couple of years.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Purchased Ti AWD... this was back in early March - no lease incentives whatsoever.... made more sense to buy at that time.. If doing it today would look at leasing as well because discounts/incentives really help the numbers.

As an aside, though I got a decent price ($4400 off MSRP with 4 years free service) this wasn't a "grind it out to the last nickel type of thing".. There was no other car I was putting up against the Alfa. It was this or just keep driving my Tacoma and 4Runners.. But his car spoke to me like no other, and haven't looked back once. Now has the Corsa exhaust and just took it up to Vancouver for the weekend. We drove it like we stole it on this trip - man what a cool car.

So Ferrari Pete: I hope you can find your spec cuz this is really a fun car to drive!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I should have started a poll with this thread but regardless I think it's great to learn what fellow Alfisti did!

I have just have always purchased vehicles in the past.

My last new car was 18 years ago and I still have it!

This will be primarly my wife's car but I am sure I'll drive it often as well.
Me too! But this is my car with no kids and no college funds ;) I needed something bigger than a tiny roadster but the coupe still has my interest. It may not be worth it with the delays and all. Good news is the fall is forecast to be above average temps. I plan to keep this one too, maybe even into retirement.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.