Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Did you buy or lease your Alfa Romeo Giulia?

• Bought

Votes: 206 54.5%
  • Leased

Votes: 172 45.5%
261 - 280 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
We have bought three current Alfas -18 Stelvio Lusso, 19 Giulia Ti Sport, 20 GQ

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Bought my wife's 21 Ti Sport a few months ago. I like it so much I'm going to get a Ti Sport of my own.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport
77 Posts
Bought at end of 36 month lease. 2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4. Test drove a 21 model but the steering felt muted and I really don’t care for the lane keeping feature. Did like the new touch screen infotainment screens though. Buying an extended warranty before the factory four year one is up as I hope to keep this car for many more years. Best car ever!

Reactions: hazards280

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
277 Posts
I am buying my 2018 TI Sport Q2 at the end of my lease. I love it.

Reactions: hazards280

·
Registered
35 Posts
I leased my 2019 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 as I wanted to get a feel for the brand and reliability before diving into a purchase. I'm coming up on the end of my lease and I'm trying to decide if I should purchase it or not. I haven't driven it much since the pandemic essentially halted my commute after 6 months of ownership. As such, I only have 9,500 miles on it and paid for 20k in the lease.

It's a very well equipped (54k sticker IIRC). Ti Sport w/ LSD, H/K, sunroof, and some other stuff I'm forgetting. I actually drove it to a local Jeep dealer when I was purchasing a Gladiator recently and the sales manager made an offer on it and I wasn't even trading it in. They offered 35k without going into any negotiations, and my buyout is 30,XXX. It does have a minor accident on the CarFax (dawn vs. scudetto), but they weren't too concerned about that.

The pickle I'm in is that now that the hybrid work from home arrangements are here, I don't have a true "need" for the Alfa and it sits for almost a month at a time. I drive the Gladiator as a DD and since I ride a dirtbike often on the weekends I'm using it for the bed on those off days as well. That leaves the Giulia and the Cobra in the garage for fun vehicles and my fiancé much prefers going out in the Cobra since she's much more of a big displacement, V8 fan (I'm a lucky guy:sneaky:).

Every time I decide I'm just going to end the lease, I go out for a drive and get a reminder of how good the Giulia really is as a all around sports car and cruiser. Mine has a E/C Phase 2 tune and intake, and G/F Bits DV valve, but other than that it's completely stock. Alfa just nailed it with their line-up and introduction back to the US. They just need to get their dealership network figured out.

I suppose I'll just ponder it some more and decide if it's something worth holding onto or passing on to the next person to enjoy. Man...there's just something about getting rid of your first Alfa. Then again, there's always the QV route :giggle:. I don't really need AWD since I won't be commuting daily in the winter.

tl;dr; I'm indecisive.

Reactions: Buchanan101

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I leased my 2019 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 as I wanted to get a feel for the brand and reliability before diving into a purchase. I'm coming up on the end of my lease and I'm trying to decide if I should purchase it or not. I haven't driven it much since the pandemic essentially halted my commute after 6 months of ownership. As such, I only have 9,500 miles on it and paid for 20k in the lease.

It's a very well equipped (54k sticker IIRC). Ti Sport w/ LSD, H/K, sunroof, and some other stuff I'm forgetting. I actually drove it to a local Jeep dealer when I was purchasing a Gladiator recently and the sales manager made an offer on it and I wasn't even trading it in. They offered 35k without going into any negotiations, and my buyout is 30,XXX. It does have a minor accident on the CarFax (dawn vs. scudetto), but they weren't too concerned about that.

The pickle I'm in is that now that the hybrid work from home arrangements are here, I don't have a true "need" for the Alfa and it sits for almost a month at a time. I drive the Gladiator as a DD and since I ride a dirtbike often on the weekends I'm using it for the bed on those off days as well. That leaves the Giulia and the Cobra in the garage for fun vehicles and my fiancé much prefers going out in the Cobra since she's much more of a big displacement, V8 fan (I'm a lucky guy:sneaky:).

Every time I decide I'm just going to end the lease, I go out for a drive and get a reminder of how good the Giulia really is as a all around sports car and cruiser. Mine has a E/C Phase 2 tune and intake, and G/F Bits DV valve, but other than that it's completely stock. Alfa just nailed it with their line-up and introduction back to the US. They just need to get their dealership network figured out.

I suppose I'll just ponder it some more and decide if it's something worth holding onto or passing on to the next person to enjoy. Man...there's just something about getting rid of your first Alfa. Then again, there's always the QV route :giggle:. I don't really need AWD since I won't be commuting daily in the winter.

tl;dr; I'm indecisive.

View attachment 114296
Beautiful combo — I can understand your dilemma — I’m at 10,000 miles on my 19 Ti Sport Q4, only owe $24K on the lease buyout, and I ran it through Carvana to get a quote and they offered $35,500. With a new QV Giulia and Stelvio Veloce on the way, it’s really giving me some pause on keeping it; but, knowing how great it’s been and that they aren’t offering the same options and color any longer is pulling me towards what I mentioned above, buying it out. If Alfa plans to be all EV by 2027, I could be hanging on to some timeless classics.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Beautiful combo — I can understand your dilemma — I’m at 10,000 miles on my 19 Ti Sport Q4, only owe $24K on the lease buyout, and I ran it through Carvana to get a quote and they offered $35,500. With a new QV Giulia and Stelvio Veloce on the way, it’s really giving me some pause on keeping it; but, knowing how great it’s been and that they aren’t offering the same options and color any longer is pulling me towards what I mentioned above, buying it out. If Alfa plans to be all EV by 2027, I could be hanging on to some timeless classics.
Have you decided what you will do?

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Have you decided what you will do?
I decided to keep the 19 Ti Sport Giulia and buy it out. Did a lease turn in on the Stelvio for a 2022 Veloce and financed the QV. I just took delivery about two weeks ago. The QV and the Stelvio showed up on the same day :)
Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Hood

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Hood

Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Hood

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
9 Posts
I decided to keep the 19 Ti Sport Giulia and buy it out. Did a lease turn in on the Stelvio for a 2022 Veloce and financed the QV. I just took delivery about two weeks ago. The QV and the Stelvio showed up on the same day :)
View attachment 120577
View attachment 120579
View attachment 120580
View attachment 120581
View attachment 120583
View attachment 120584
Ah so beautiful. Curious which wheels you have on the Veloce? Picked ours up last week, my only issue with the car is the wheels aren't all black. Other than that it's flawless and a blast to drive. BTW, also in the 614. I recognize that Crown showroom!

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Ah so beautiful. Curious which wheels you have on the Veloce? Picked ours up last week, my only issue with the car is the wheels aren't all black. Other than that it's flawless and a blast to drive. BTW, also in the 614. I recognize that Crown showroom!
Ah! Another 614! Talk to James up at Crown about a shop to powder coat the wheels—or, you can always find a set of the dark 5 holes for around $2500 or so. Yeah, their old spot was much better—they are renovating soon, so that will be nice.

I had the dark 5 holes—I ended up selling the Ti shortly after buying it for a decent profit and bought a 4C that James brokered for me. So, I bought the 4C, QV, leased the Stelvio—so a total of three leases and two buys over three years :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Really really don't like the Veloce wheels this year - the diamond cut highlighted teardrops and rim are way too prominent. They stopped the dark option wheel for MY22 (in UK anyway). So I bought an Estrema which has the dark 5 holes (and some other nice bits and I would have had the leather/HK upgrade anyway). So much nicer wheels. IMO they made a real mistake with the Veloce wheels and not offering an option. Even my old 2018 Veloce has nicer wheels (the dark grey 5 holes)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Really really don't like the Veloce wheels this year - the diamond cut highlighted teardrops and rim are way too prominent. They stopped the dark option wheel for MY22 (in UK anyway). So I bought an Estrema which has the dark 5 holes (and some other nice bits and I would have had the leather/HK upgrade anyway). So much nicer wheels. IMO they made a real mistake with the Veloce wheels and not offering an option. Even my old 2018 Veloce has nicer wheels (the dark grey 5 holes)
Downside to love at first sight, not long before you start to see details you wonder about. I fell for the car right off, the first time I'd ever driven an AR. Couple days later we bought it without doing much research at all, just totally fell for the thing. After looking at a bunch of stuff online I sure wish I would have changed the wheels, staggered dark 5 hole would look so much better. Other than that I DO love it! I've had some sweet cars over the years (my heart still longs for my 2002 911 turbo), nothing that quite feels like this one. Pure drivers car, it's just a damn joy. Time will tell if I get used to the wheels or they drive me nuts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I expect you’ll get used to them… I did look at Veloce + cost of replacing the wheels but thought Estrema simpler, even though discount was less. It’ll be my second Giulia and I’ve been researching a replacement for my first for 6 months. It’ll be my 11th Alfa. But you are right. It’s such a fantastic car to drive and look at. Why there aren’t so many more around us ridiculous

·
Registered
335 Posts
Downside to love at first sight, not long before you start to see details you wonder about. I fell for the car right off, the first time I'd ever driven an AR. Couple days later we bought it without doing much research at all, just totally fell for the thing. After looking at a bunch of stuff online I sure wish I would have changed the wheels, staggered dark 5 hole would look so much better. Other than that I DO love it! I've had some sweet cars over the years (my heart still longs for my 2002 911 turbo), nothing that quite feels like this one. Pure drivers car, it's just a damn joy. Time will tell if I get used to the wheels or they drive me nuts.
FYI - I have the staggered 19" wheels on my '22 Veloce, and they are still the machined face wheels. If you want dark wheels you'll have to buy used or aftermarket. I'm not a fan of the machined face wheels either, but I didn't give it too much thought as wheels are one of the easiest upgrades out there. And while they're not my favorite, I don't hate them . . . at least not when paired with Misano Blue.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,093 Posts
You can always buy dark staggered and sell your current ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Leasing the Alfa Romeo Giulia can be a good option through a variety of lease deals, options, and packages. The average lease payment for the Alfa Romeo Giulia is $602/mo with $2,000 due at signing for a 36-month term with 12,000 annual mileage limit.

261 - 280 of 289 Posts