Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Did you buy or lease your Alfa Romeo Giulia?

• Bought

Votes: 154 53.3%
  • Leased

Votes: 135 46.7%

• Total voters
201 - 220 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
nice. with most auctions closed it's not like they could do anything with a car turned in, so win win for all. congrats. hang in there for your new ride.

·
Registered
288 Posts
We have had the Stelvio for two years (2018) and the Giulia Ti Sport (2019) for a year and I'm delighted that we bought them outright. I'm reasonably sure that there will be only small incremental improvements in these cars in the medium term and I'm looking forward to being able to modify them as I please rather than having to deal with stripping mods off the car when it's time to return to the lessor. We enjoy both cars and love the driving dynamics. At some point when it's convenient I will be adding an exhaust package to the G and more importantly I have put the best possible tires on both cars to extract the highest level of performance, instead of the crappy OEM stuff that FCA provides. Tires are a huge element in how a car accelerates and stops, and particularly how in handles, so the peace of mind knowing that I will get 100% of the value of the tires because the car and tires belong to me rather than the lessor, is really worth it. We got smoking deals on both deals when we bought. Always buy on the last day of the month when dealers have a huge incentive to move the cars rather than pay the flooring cost into the new month. We got $10k off each car as well as trade-in values that were closer to retail private party values, so they were great deals all around.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,735 Posts
We have had the Stelvio for two years (2018) and the Giulia Ti Sport (2019) for a year and I'm delighted that we bought them outright. I'm reasonably sure that there will be only small incremental improvements in these cars in the medium term and I'm looking forward to being able to modify them as I please rather than having to deal with stripping mods off the car when it's time to return to the lessor. We enjoy both cars and love the driving dynamics. At some point when it's convenient I will be adding an exhaust package to the G and more importantly I have put the best possible tires on both cars to extract the highest level of performance, instead of the crappy OEM stuff that FCA provides. Tires are a huge element in how a car accelerates and stops, and particularly how in handles, so the peace of mind knowing that I will get 100% of the value of the tires because the car and tires belong to me rather than the lessor, is really worth it. We got smoking deals on both deals when we bought. Always buy on the last day of the month when dealers have a huge incentive to move the cars rather than pay the flooring cost into the new month. We got $10k off each car as well as trade-in values that were closer to retail private party values, so they were great deals all around.
Have you posted about what you fitted in Wheels & Tires? If not, please share it here. Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Michelin PS 4s on the G and Pirelli Scorpions on the S
Very happy with both.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
48 Posts
Picked up a 2019 THIS WEEK, barely 8,000 miles, loaded to the gills, 62% off MSRP. I couldn't pass up buying it used.

As nice as the refreshed 2020's look, I'd rather buy a lightly used 2019 now and wait and lease a completely redesigned 2025 Giulia later

·
Registered
25 Posts
Leasing a 2020 Q4. It's the perfect car for me right now, but not sure if it will be in a few years (I'd like something smaller if possible). There's also the reliability issue. I can always buy it at end of lease if it doesn't have any issues and still suits my needs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Leasing a 2020 Q4. It's the perfect car for me right now, but not sure if it will be in a few years (I'd like something smaller if possible). There's also the reliability issue. I can always buy it at end of lease if it doesn't have any issues and still suits my needs.
What reliability issue? I know there's been a lot of reported consumer concerns in the 2017 and 2018 models but I don't know if I heard as much at all about the 2019s or 2020s. Again, it's hard to truly put these reported issues into overall context. Since there are fewer of these cars bought and sold out there, the issues you tend to hear about being reported aren't always weighed or adjusted for the total number of cars out there, so sometimes it's hard to tell what to believe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What reliability issue? I know there's been a lot of reported consumer concerns in the 2017 and 2018 models but I don't know if I heard as much at all about the 2019s or 2020s. Again, it's hard to truly put these reported issues into overall context. Since there are fewer of these cars bought and sold out there, the issues you tend to hear about being reported aren't always weighed or adjusted for the total number of cars out there, so sometimes it's hard to tell what to believe.
Totally agree. I meant more in the sense that they're not proven like a Toyota. So it seems safer to test the waters for a few years, rather than potentially be stuck with a vehicle that's expensive to maintain.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I leased mine because it was basically half the payment of my audi and i wanted to test the waters on alfa reliability.

4000 miles in i couldn't be happier. Its just as much fun as my 500hp car (i have the 280hp ti) and arguably more fun in the handling and tossability category and not a single mechanical glitch.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Totally agree. I meant more in the sense that they're not proven like a Toyota. So it seems safer to test the waters for a few years, rather than potentially be stuck with a vehicle that's expensive to maintain.
Yeah that's definitely fair enough. Any first-generation model of any car regardless of make will also pose a higher degree of risk. That's why I also decided to buy my Romeo used and a 2019 model where some of the first run major kinks have been resolved and any emerging issues would've been taken care of early by the dealer and original owner.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Yeah that's definitely fair enough. Any first-generation model of any car regardless of make will also pose a higher degree of risk. That's why I also decided to buy my Romeo used and a 2019 model where some of the first run major kinks have been resolved and any emerging issues would've been taken care of early by the dealer and original owner.
I’m afraid to trade in my 2017, which has been flawless, for fear of encountering issues that have been highlighted in later model years. I think it’s a bit of luck of the draw.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I originally started this thread which I think is great and really informative but the problem is I did not include a poll.

I'll start it again with a poll and hopefully we can build on this thread and possibly make it a sticky.

I will contact the moderator to delete the original thread that I created without the poll.

Please vote either: buy or lease

Indicate in the message: Year / Model / Terms

2017 Base Model Giulia
5 year fiance

Thanks

Note from Moderator:
This thread with a poll is the continuation of this thread which is now closed:

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/289-alfa-romeo-giulia-general-discussion/22050-did-you-buy-lease.html

Please continue your discussion(s) here.
2019 Ti Sport
Leased 39 months

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,735 Posts
Love the red interior. Had it with white. Getting it with Silverstone.

201 - 220 of 233 Posts