Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to a local car show that was honoring the late brother of a fellow car nut....
He wanted me to show the QV, but she hasn't had a bath since Newport and I didn't have the time...
So I parked in the lot adjacent to the field where the show was going on...
Go back to my car...and when I start her up a yellow warning sign shows up on the dash something about "theft alarm, break-in" words to that effect...
Got out, did a walk around...no sign of nuthin:confused::confused::confused:
some type of passive alarm???...though no sounds went off..

·
Registered
321 Posts
maybe some one tried to open the doors and it beeped at them no enough to set car alarm off. daughter tried to open car this morning and guiia got angry at her and beeped lol. was going to work so did not check dash for and warning of break in . will check and let you know

·
Registered
69 Posts
My QV alarm goes off in the rain, in the wind, and when ever she feels lonely.
I think I've seen other comments to that same point on these forums.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My QV alarm goes off in the rain, in the wind, and when ever she feels lonely.
I think I've seen other comments to that same point on these forums.
here's the rub...have the car 9 months and this never happened....just found it odd as I never even saw this on the cluster before

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The alarm is known to be sensitive and it may just be that the right conditions were needed to set off the warning this time. Especially on a weekend, but who knows. You can turn it down but not sure if dealer needs to do it or if it is in the info menus.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
There is definitely some type of "proximity" sensor component to the alarm.....Were the windows open or cracked open a bit? Sometimes even a strong breeze has been known to activate the alarm and / or give that warning on the dash.....

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is definitely some type of "proximity" sensor component to the alarm.....Were the windows open or cracked open a bit? Sometimes even a strong breeze has been known to activate the alarm and / or give that warning on the dash.....
Nope buttoned up tight and no-one could park to the right of me..just another car to the left...
no biggie guys...I was just curious as this never happened before (the warning on the cluster when I started the car)....
Sophia is sleeping in her garage all tucked in...LOL

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just posted in another thread about alarms.

Ours has gone off in our driveway and in our garage. Just happened a few hours ago again. Nothing moving around at all in there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi, I just noticed another active thread that discusses this - Alarm Problems... maybe you're having the same issue that a few others had?

Glad she's tucked away in the garage, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.