Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my Giulia for <24 hrs and its already been back at the shop. Nothing really serious (Sirius radio gets "Antenna Shorted" message and no Sirius signal) but I must admit its annoying and a little disturbing.

The good news: my salesman arranged to get me into the service department right away, and the Alfa Tech (Steve) was great. He managed to stuff me into his schedule and ran diagnostics and determined that I needed a new antenna (expected in 3-4 days).

The even better news: I really don't give a sh** about Sirius radio and this car continues to blow me away where it counts, i.e. how it drives! Truly a revelation.

ah well. I knew what I was getting into :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
No, no record. Mine threw all of the warnings and shutdown on my as soon as I pulled out of the dealership after signing the paperwork. hahaha
Wow--that has to be the record. What happened after that?

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
869 Posts
I took it in the next day, I was tired after all the haggling. After it shut down I restated it and made it home. Next morning went straight into limp mode and I drove straight to the dealer. I got a rental and they upgraded a lot of software.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,789 Posts
Maybe a pre-delivery test drive should be de rigueur.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Sirius is overrated.....
Giulia driving experience......priceless!:grin2:
Enjoy and take her to a track to really have her show you what she is capable of.......

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Once the darn winter clears I should really do that. I'm going to a AONE meeting next month on the North Shore. Glynn Motorsports.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Once the darn winter clears I should really do that. I'm going to a AONE meeting next month on the North Shore. Glynn Motorsports.
Let’s drive our QVs there. Let me know the specifics, would you?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes I will check.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Let’s go to this event boys.......

OP, sorry for the derailing, enjoy your Giulia!

·
Registered
646 Posts
From the article:

“Even the SPICA fuel injection, that object of dread and misunderstanding, can be tamed; it's a point of pride with Paul that he's never once substituted carburetors for fuel injection, as some owners do.”

I always cringe when I see non original carbs in U.S. GTVs. The SPICA can be wonderfully responsive if it’s balanced right.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
There you go Paolo and friends. That's the one! I had the month wrong. Great shop and great people. Lets fill the lot a bit more ;)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Yeah, I can break the record. I started the car after signing and had it go around the corner to the shop to look at the A/C rear vents, as they didn't work. Never left the lot without no issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts