Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! So it's probably the jitters of dropping 70K+ but I need some input. I just negotiated a price of $71,630 the MSRP on the car is $75,020. I think the invoice was $70,950. It's a 2017 not fully loaded, but for the price I figured it was worth it. What does everyone think, decent price? Should I have just ordered a 2018? Let me know what you guys n gals think. If you are interested in the dealership let me know, I think they have 2 more on the lot and it's in New York. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hi! So it's probably the jitters of dropping 70K+ but I need some input. I just negotiated a price of $71,630 the MSRP on the car is $75,020. I think the invoice was $70,950. It's a 2017 not fully loaded, but for the price I figured it was worth it. What does everyone think, decent price? Should I have just ordered a 2018? Let me know what you guys n gals think. If you are interested in the dealership let me know, I think they have 2 more on the lot and it's in New York. Thanks everyone.
Quite the opposite of a mistake. More like a coup. You snagged a brilliant car well under MSRP where most of us (me included) paid full retail. Go out and enjoy it every day like I do...congratulations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite the opposite of a mistake. More like a coup. You snagged a brilliant car well under MSRP where most of us (me included) paid full retail. Go out and enjoy it every day like I do...congratulations.
Thanks for the reassurance! I will definitely enjoy the car, that is for sure. My plan was to go in there and order a 2018, but I saw the car and told the manager what can we work out.. and 40 minutes later I'm signing some preliminary papers. Definitely happy to be part of this group who choose something different.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I didn't get the best deal, but certainly not the worst deal on my Giulia. All of that goes out the window the moment I am in the car.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You will enjoy driving it now as opposed to waiting for a special order...and if it has the equipment you want and you're happy with the deal, then it's definitely a win-win!

Reactions: macoh

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hard to believe - most sold for list or higher...
Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
64 Posts
you got a good deal -

The dealer here in San Diego told me that one of their buyers got tired of waiting for the Quad and ended up paying $10,000 over list plus shipping from an Alfa dealer in Michigan to get the vehicle trucked here. Plus, it was white. Not her favorite color for the car!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
The Quad is a limited production car, so most dealers are charging a premium on top of MSRP.

But more important than the price you might be paying for any car, is will it fill your needs and desires? What is it that you want from a car? What is your car background?

If the car (any car) doesn't fill your needs and/or desires, then it's not going to satisfy you and the price is irrelevant. There's a justification thing that goes on.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
What's NOT fully loaded????
Really the only 2 BIG options on the Quad are CCB & Sparco seats....and of course the paint for 2200 (R/C. Trofeo White)
Never heard/saw a stripper Quad....
where did you buy it?
and to answer your question, no you did not make a mistake....once you really get to drive the Quad you will know you got your money's worth and then some....even with all the little quirks that can sometime show up
Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Really the only 2 BIG options on the Quad are CCB & Sparco seats....and of course the paint for 2200 (R/C. Trofeo White)
where did you buy it?
and to answer your question, no you did not make a mistake....once you really get to drive the Quad you will know you got your money's worth and then some....even with all the little quirks that can sometime show up
Enjoy the car!
Maybe he bought the one with the four cylinder, now that would be a mistake.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't get the best deal, but certainly not the worst deal on my Giulia. All of that goes out the window the moment I am in the car.
Just got home from work, sorry for the delay in responding. I completely agree, I test drove the car at the AR dealership located in Greenwich and it was exhilarating. Granted I'm a novice when it comes to this, but one of the main reasons I choose this car is it's individuality. I'm sure I would of been happy with a M3, M4, AMG etc, but they just didn't catch my eye. Plus I have owned a 7 series, X5, 3 series, and MB... so it was time for something else.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You will enjoy driving it now as opposed to waiting for a special order...and if it has the equipment you want and you're happy with the deal, then it's definitely a win-win!
Well I wanted the driving experience and I'm sure I would have appreciated the safety and comfort features of the AR options but I'm blessed to have another really nice car that offers me that. So, if I were able to obtain a car with those options with the same savings I'm sure I would have gone in that direction. But the main attraction for me was the visceral experience of driving something with this much power which was refined but not to the point of numbness, if you know what I'm saying.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hard to believe - most sold for list or higher...
Enjoy the ride!
I think it's just the nerves, dropping this much cash on a somewhat unknown brand for me. But thanks for the reassurance, I'm excited...should be picking up the car this Friday. Much better than waiting until October:grin2:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Boring Germans

Mistake ???

My friend, you have finally seen "the light"..:nerd:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Quad is a limited production car, so most dealers are charging a premium on top of MSRP.

But more important than the price you might be paying for any car, is will it fill your needs and desires? What is it that you want from a car? What is your car background?

If the car (any car) doesn't fill your needs and/or desires, then it's not going to satisfy you and the price is irrelevant. There's a justification thing that goes on.
I agree, in my younger years I've owened a Mitsubishi Eclipse GST which back in days was a quick car. Over the years, I have owned an X5, E550, BMW 750, and Range Rover Sport. This would be my first venture into something of this caliber, although the E550 was a beast, a sleeper but not great at handling but it wasn't made for that.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Just got home from work, sorry for the delay in responding. I completely agree, I test drove the car at the AR dealership located in Greenwich and it was exhilarating. Granted I'm a novice when it comes to this, but one of the main reasons I choose this car is it's individuality. I'm sure I would of been happy with a M3, M4, AMG etc, but they just didn't catch my eye. Plus I have owned a 7 series, X5, 3 series, and MB... so it was time for something else.
Are you getting it from Miller??
as far as M3/M4.....you made the better choice:smile2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
where did you buy it?
Enjoy the car!

I purchased this vehicle from AR of Larchmont, NY. My sales associate or whatever the latest term was a gentleman named John. Very nice man, would recommend him to anyone that's in the area.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I saw this car on the floor when I took my Quad in for its first oil change...Very nice car and you'll love the experience.....Good Luck....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you getting it from Miller??
as far as M3/M4.....you made the better choice:smile2:
Actually I was debating between Miller and AR of Larchmont. But for whatever reason I gravitated towards John from AR at Larchmont, reminded of a nice ol Italian grandpa that everyone would like to have.... and I'm not even Italian

1 - 20 of 35 Posts