Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

New to the forums, and am super excited to be here. I had been leasing a Q50, and really liked it, as a stopgap until I could get the Tesla Model 3. Decided the Tesla was a bit out of my price range, so started looking around and came upon this car:

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZARFAECN4H7552055

The asking price at the dealership was $32995+TTL.

The kicker: the car has 31 miles on it. Clean Carfax.

It was apparently a company buyback from a dealership, titled in MI to Alfa, and sold to the dealer I'm buying from.

I know it's a '17, but at $15K under MSRP for a new car, I feel like I just stole something.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks to the Italian Gods you stayed away from the combustible Tesla 3, unless you like cars that sound like golf carts. The Giulia will outperform the Tesla 3 in every way except for 0-06 time, big deal!

I don't know about buy back prices but seems like a fine price. I hope with 31 miles it comes with the normal factory new warranty and you can live without the paddle shifters. You're are going to love the Giulia!

Reactions: He's Deaf

·
Registered
422 Posts
You now hold the largest discount on record. Wow.

It's technically 'used' since it's been titled, correct?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Thumbs UP. Only thing you will miss is carplay but 15k for getting carplay? NAH You will do fine without it. My QV had 40 when I bought it. (sat on the lot) then they drove it 20 more to make sure everything was working so got the new car at 60 miles. Not even sure how 32 miles could have been a buyback unless it threw codes leaving the dealership. I have seen some of the buy back rationales. Some are very reasonable. Some are you gotta be kidding me and they bought your vehicle back for that!! Bottom line is you still have the warranty that goes with the car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thumbs UP. Only thing you will miss is carplay but 15k for getting carplay? NAH You will do fine without it. My QV had 40 when I bought it. (sat on the lot) then they drove it 20 more to make sure everything was working so got the new car at 60 miles. Not even sure how 32 miles could have been a buyback unless it threw codes leaving the dealership. I have seen some of the buy back rationales. Some are very reasonable. Some are you gotta be kidding me and they bought your vehicle back for that!! Bottom line is you still have the warranty that goes with the car.
Maybe dealer folded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcoming, all! I'm definitely not a car purist like some (e.g. the Model S is the funnest car I've ever driven), but I'm really excited about my Giulia. They're an absolute blast to drive. As is the Stelvio, which I also test drove.

I'm a little intimidated by what maintenance costs for imports, but hopefully Alfa's reputation is just naysayers naysaying! It obviously didn't stop me from moving forward.

You now hold the largest discount on record. Wow.

It's technically 'used' since it's been titled, correct?
I believe so, technically-speaking. The only thing I don't know is if because Alfa is the current title-holder, and it's never left a dealer lot, if that changes things at all. I'm going to try to work with Alfa once I get the car to demonstrate that it's never been consumer-owned, and therefore, the full warranty should apply. Worst case scenario is I'm losing about 2 months off it, not a big deal. Hopefully I'll still be eligible for the free first oil change.

I'm an Android guy anyway, and to be honest, I didn't get much utility out of Android Auto when I had it on a rental in Europe this summer. Definitely not worth $15K!

I think the poster quoted below is right. From what I understand, the dealer it was initially with went out of business and Alfa just bought the car back. Based on some other Carfax reports I've seen, if it had kicked back some codes, it would show up there.

Maybe dealer folded.
Yep! This is what I was told.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You got real lucky. Looking in the right place at the right time. Now some may say, she was there waiting for you. Didn’t want to go home with anyone else

You know I paid more than that for a 2013 MINI COOPER. That is a smacking good deal the Giulia is a much nicer, better and the mini isn’t even in her league hp wise. Okay, she does sip less gas and can fit into any parking spot. Keep in mind at that time they were still not budging off MSRP. Good grief.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks for the welcoming, all! I'm definitely not a car purist like some (e.g. the Model S is the funnest car I've ever driven), but I'm really excited about my Giulia. They're an absolute blast to drive. As is the Stelvio, which I also test drove.

I'm a little intimidated by what maintenance costs for imports, but hopefully Alfa's reputation is just naysayers naysaying! It obviously didn't stop me from moving forward.

I believe so, technically-speaking. The only thing I don't know is if because Alfa is the current title-holder, and it's never left a dealer lot, if that changes things at all. I'm going to try to work with Alfa once I get the car to demonstrate that it's never been consumer-owned, and therefore, the full warranty should apply. Worst case scenario is I'm losing about 2 months off it, not a big deal. Hopefully I'll still be eligible for the free first oil change.

31 miles for that kind of discount, let them call it 'used'. All full factory warranty applies, and if you have to come out of pocket for the 1st oil change? Great! For a discount like I would gladly give that up.

Oh, and if you keep cars a long time:

1)- consider the 100K bumper to bumper extended warranty. Covers everything for 8(?) years or 100K miles with ZERO deductible. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) I paid $2.1K for mine and it's thru Mopar so it's not some chintzy deal no one will honor.

2)- The Giulia 2.0 engine in a similar form is slated for the upcoming Jeeps. Yup, it'll be ghetto CHEEP to maintain. Plus, it flies. there's good powa there.

You'll do just fine with this thing. :)

rjp

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi all!

New to the forums, and am super excited to be here. I had been leasing a Q50, and really liked it, as a stopgap until I could get the Tesla Model 3. Decided the Tesla was a bit out of my price range, so started looking around and came upon this car:

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZARFAECN4H7552055

The asking price at the dealership was $32995+TTL.

The kicker: the car has 31 miles on it. Clean Carfax.

It was apparently a company buyback from a dealership, titled in MI to Alfa, and sold to the dealer I'm buying from.

I know it's a '17, but at $15K under MSRP for a new car, I feel like I just stole something.
I shopped a lot, both Giulias and others (q50, etc.) before I bought my Ti, and I think that you might have the deal of the decade. And in a great place to own one. I had a day business trip from Dallas to Austin recently (my first in my Giulia), and had a great drive. When I left Austin I took 130 out of town, and planned to open it up a little, but it wasn’t to be. There were about a thousand cops on the loop. So I just kept it to 90 and was happy that I was avoiding I35 at 5:00. Congratulations again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Howdy all!

Wanted to follow up with this. After the usual dealings with out-of-state dealerships, I finally got my car delivered yesterday. It's exactly as advertised (save for a couple of cuts to the bottom of the front fascia that happened during transport that the guy has already been proactive about fixing).

This car is an absolute blast to drive!!! It's such a looker, and as nice as it looks on the outside, it's that much more fun on the inside!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Terrific. Welcome to the club. Sounds like you got lucky again on having a decent shipper or dealer on the front fascia. My selling dealer could have seen the messed up front end without glasses on but the transporter noted it on their sheet and came with chips. Both of which the selling dealing denied. I got a hold of the transport sheet and showed the front end on the QV was messed up before shipping so the dealer had to own it. All around you lucked out completely.

I hope you have many happy miles. There is a ton of good information on this forum and I had PTSD by the time I got my QV I thought it would die on my first drive. That as not happened and other than flats with the big ass sticky tires hungry for screws and nails it has been a dream. I just got a tire patched today and when I pulled out the car through a auto start stop warning. Oh, because of the information on this forum I pulled over popped the hood and closed it hopped back in and voila no codes just like the members on this forum said. If i didn’t read this stuff I would be blowing a gasket. So this thing is highly electronic and clearly the code had nothing to do with auto start stop but it is just that when the hood is not closed correctly (even though it looks closed) it will not engaged that feature and you will see a yellow warning light.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Terrific. Welcome to the club. Sounds like you got lucky again on having a decent shipper or dealer on the front fascia. My selling dealer could have seen the messed up front end without glasses on but the transporter noted it on their sheet and came with chips. Both of which the selling dealing denied. I got a hold of the transport sheet and showed the front end on the QV was messed up before shipping so the dealer had to own it. All around you lucked out completely.

I hope you have many happy miles. There is a ton of good information on this forum and I had PTSD by the time I got my QV I thought it would die on my first drive. That as not happened and other than flats with the big ass sticky tires hungry for screws and nails it has been a dream. I just got a tire patched today and when I pulled out the car through a auto start stop warning. Oh, because of the information on this forum I pulled over popped the hood and closed it hopped back in and voila no codes just like the members on this forum said. If i didn’t read this stuff I would be blowing a gasket. So this thing is highly electronic and clearly the code had nothing to do with auto start stop but it is just that when the hood is not closed correctly (even though it looks closed) it will not engaged that feature and you will see a yellow warning light.
Heh, funny you mention that. I was showing off the engine to my friends at work today and had that exact problem happen. Want to guess where I came running to for information? :grin2:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
So, 31 miles...lets see, maybe 5 for manufacturing, and another 5 at the dealership...so that’s 10. That leaves 21 miles at 1/2 mile for each drag strip run and return...maybe 3/4 with overrun...so call it 28 runs down the drag strip?

But, seriously, congrats on a smoking deal!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts