Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yea, Essence is pretty decent, but the staff keeps turning over, much like Alfa of FW. As for current issues:

-Both dealerships have only 5 or 6 loaners, so anything not scheduled well in advance and you’re likely out of luck. Apparently Alfa made them drop a bunch of loaners last month and getting new ones is slow.

I did notice the staff had changed since my visit in June of 19. That being said my service experience with the current staff was flawless. They did mention the loan car levels when scheduling. Their offer to pick up and return my car along with fast turn around solved any issues for me concerning the low level of loaners. I actually would experience the very same loan car issue at Audi of Dallas as they would have an annual dip in loan car inventory.

- Essence’s plans in Grapevine fell through because the land in question was insufficient for the necessary facilities due to zoning limits. They are looking for a new location in there now.
-Essence’s parts department is the one used by the repair shops fixing Alfa in the area.
-Essence’s entry off the Service Road of 820 is still capable of bottoming a Giulia bumper, so I recommend entering from the side road on the south side of the dealership.
I agree I don't care for their current location. I didn't know that the Grapevine location fell through! Thank you for the update on that. I haven't been to the dealership since June of 19 so I don't visit often.

I’ll be honest, if it wasn’t for the terrible trade in value of my Giulia, it would be gone. I love it, but 5 year old maps, flaky Infotainment that randomly won’t start, and crappy support from FCA has worn me down. As it is, I’m nearly in a decent place to trade it in, and will likely do so before the warranty runs out. It will make me sad, but also lift the burden of FCA mismanagement off my shoulders.
The old maps / nav / no traffic has been a thorn in my side since I bought this car which I otherwise love. I finally went the aftermarket route to solve the lack of CarPlay. I don't really have issues with the infotainment system not starting so I'm fortunate in that aspect. Will hate to see you go AlfaCrisis as I've always enjoyed your contributions to the forum!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey guys. I thought I would update this thread with a recent service experience. We only have two dealerships in the DFW area that remain, Alfa Forth Worth and Essence Alfa Maserati. I reached out to Essence for my W05 update, the infotainment screen cracking and my drivers side door gasket falling apart on my 2017 Giulia. They set everything up quickly and offered to come pick up my car here in Dallas at my home in the AM. They completed everything under warranty with no hassle by the end of the afternoon and returned my car to my home the following morning. I was kept informed throughout the process. Flawless service experience. Couldn't be happier with them.
I'm in Arlington and have been to Essance a few times to look at cars.
Always have been impressed with their informed but not pushy approach.
Just bought a Giulia Quad.
They will be my go-to.
May have a magnaflow X pipe installed elsewhere.
I bought my 2019 Giulia at Essence in April 2019. Within about 3-4 weeks of taking delivery, their service folks handled a flashing odometer (proxy alignment) and CEL (replace O2 sensor) without missing a beat - very professional. After returning from an extended road trip (6,500 miles) last summer, a tech adjusted the hood release mechanism that had begun to act up - 45 minutes, in and out. Latest contact was to have the W05 fix applied and have the wheels aligned - again professional and dramaless.

I've noticed the same as mentioned above regarding some personnel turning over but, all in all, I have nothing but good things to say about the dealership. On my last visit, I heard about the move to Grapevine falling through. I'm disappointed because the relocation would halve the distance I need to go for service. Regardless, they'll continue to be my go-to also.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts