Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using "Ewing" Alfa, haven't heard what the new name will be. It's the old Holt, on the westside. The Holt on the eastside is now Essence Fiat/Alfa/Maserati, no experience with them.

"Ewing" was bought around July 1, so they are struggling to get things going right. The old managers were morons, and it's taking quite a bit of work to get things straightened out, but the new owners seem like straight shooters...they are there all the time, trying to get things going smoothly. The old accounting department was retained till Aug 1, but after that it should be all new.
Thanks. I went by Essence the other day. I walked in at lunch time. All the doors were unlocked. No one was to be found. I walked around the sales floor in front, over to the service area, and back through the backside of the sales floor. As I passed a fellow on his way back from heating up lunch in the microwave I asked if anyone was working there. He looked surprised and said he did. Another fellow poked his head around the corner. The lunch bound employee said he was the service manager. They plan to repair all cars, old and new. Based on research I had already done I knew who filed with the state as the business owner. They confirmed this and added that Ewing had some role in backing the new owner. They plan to stay where they are for a couple of years, then move to the Grapevine area. They will not sell Fiats, just Maserati and Alfa Romeo. They have a lot of stock on hand. The service bay was full. Clearly they are not ready to sell anything. If I was so inclined I could have walked out with a lot of stuff. They need to hire some staff or lock the doors.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Thanks, that makes sense then. The westside Fiat will balance the Irving Fiat shop...the east side location never made much sense to me. I assume you bought from McKinney then, or was it Ewing or Waco (Samuels?). I'll let you know how my visit goes tomorrow, since that shop is your closest, unless you like running to Waco or McKinney.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that makes sense then. The westside Fiat will balance the Irving Fiat shop...the east side location never made much sense to me. I assume you bought from McKinney then, or was it Ewing or Waco (Samuels?). I'll let you know how my visit goes tomorrow, since that shop is your closest, unless you like running to Waco or McKinney.
I bought at McKinney in February. All of the mess with Holt was just starting when we began looking. I must say I have never encountered a slimier collection of people than I saw at Holt and then Ewing as they started the conversion. I have not been back since. McKinney is way too far away from me for service so I will have to use one of the Tarrant County locations at some point.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Good news, Chipps! Luke and Luis at "Ewing" were very helpful. The new name will be "Alfa Romeo - Fiat of Fort Worth", and they will be adding Maserati within the next 6 months.

They already got everything RRT updated, and when I enquirer about a map update, they pushed it up to Fiat-Chrysler, who grudgingly admitted there was one and are sending it to them for install as I type. They put me in a loaner Giulia for the flashing of the updates...not sure how that will play for a buyer from another dealer, but they've been very pro customer to me.

Word is they sold 17 Giulias to McKinney selling 20...but they are discounting where McKinney won't unless you bring them a deal with a discount. They are really starting to rebuild the dealership, so service waits are short right now.

Luke, the Service Advisor, is at 817-367-1073, if you want to talk to them about how they would treat you with a "other dealership" vehicle...I just don't know.

P.S. The word is the Essence people own a CDJ dealership they will move the Fiat sales/service to, not sure which one.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find all of this Maserati activity strange. Park Place had the franchise for all of DFW. They closed the Fort Worth location recently due to lack of sales. Now we find Ewing and Essence/Ewing selling from two locations. Just how do they think they are going to generate profitable sales?

I do not see why it would make a difference as to where I purchased the car. It was not me who did not have my s*** together when I was buying. This is not rocket science. It should not take over 10 months to convert from one owner to another. If they wanted to sell cars at the first part of the year, then they should have hired people that instilled a little confidence in potential customers. Everytime I went in there I felt like I needed to go home and take a shower.

I heard that Fiat will go to a dealership in Arlington. That makes a lot more sense than the location in Hurst. It is really hard to get to and from.

I will go by and visit to see if things have improved.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Chipps, they only got the dealership in July. They sold more cars the first week of July than the Old "Ewing" folks did in June. As for the update, they got the map.update, but the car barfed it back up and locked into an update loop. So, Alfa Tech Support is via chat with the field techs, and can be a bit "deliberate" (slow). So they told me the Tech expects it'll be Monday before everything is ship shape, so keep the loaner till then.

On a non-dealership purchase getting a loaner, I simply suggested you check as different dealerships have differing policies.

On a separate note, they just unloaded their first Stelvio's from a transporter...**** the blue looks good on the!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chipps, they only got the dealership in July. They sold more cars the first week of July than the Old "Ewing" folks did in June. As for the update, they got the map.update, but the car barfed it back up and locked into an update loop. So, Alfa Tech Support is via chat with the field techs, and can be a bit "deliberate" (slow). So they told me the Tech expects it'll be Monday before everything is ship shape, so keep the loaner till then.

On a non-dealership purchase getting a loaner, I simply suggested you check as different dealerships have differing policies.

On a separate note, they just unloaded their first Stelvio's from a transporter...**** the blue looks good on the!
They had all of the Holt dealerships late last year in one form or the other. I talked with the old and then the new staff during the December to January or so time period. I don't have all the details of the hand over, but Ewing staff were onsite in January. I talked to the sales manager about buying a car at that time. I would have done so, but they had no information on stock, ordering, who was on first, and so on.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
They had all of the Holt dealerships late last year in one form or the other. I talked with the old and then the new staff during the December to January or so time period. I don't have all the details of the hand over, but Ewing staff were onsite in January. I talked to the sales manager about buying a car at that time. I would have done so, but they had no information on stock, ordering, who was on first, and so on.
Exactly, Chipps...."Ewing"...Ewing no longer owns the dealership. The name is changing to Alfa Romeo - Fiat of Fort Worth in the next couple of months. The new owners bought the dealership as of July 1, 2017. They have been in the business for over 20 years, but this is their first ownership of a dealer. They remove the two last links to Ewing soon...the accounting department is shadowing Ewing's unit right now and will assume control August 1, 2017...the name change will occur soon, no date announced yet.

Your experience with Ewing matches what these poor guys are trying to sort out. They have vehicle with miles that were not disclosed, keys missing, all sorts of stuff that shows the dealership was in disarray. Even the fax numbers area still getting straightened out and the Service Department is finally getting some support.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, let's sort out the west v east v south dealerships.

On the westside of town Ewing bought the dealership through FCA due to a forced sale by Holt directed by FCA as the result of less than proper business practices by Holt. Ewing staff told me they owned and were going to run it. However, your understanding is that Ewing has sold it to someone else. They will sell Maserati, Alfa Romeo, and Fiat. Going forward Ewing will have nothing to do with it.

On the eastside of town we will have a Maserati and Alfa Romeo dealership owned by somone - I forget his name - that owns some sort of highend used car place in Carrollton. He is supposed to have backing from Ewing. They will stay were they are in Hurst until they can move to Grapevine.

On the southside of the area we will have the Hurst Fiat operations switched to a Ewing owned Dodge and whatever else such things sell dealership in Arlington owned, operated by, and with a sign that says Ewing.

Does this sound correct?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Alright, let's sort out the west v east v south dealerships.

On the westside of town Ewing bought the dealership through FCA due to a forced sale by Holt directed by FCA as the result of less than proper business practices by Holt. Ewing staff told me they owned and were going to run it. However, your understanding is that Ewing has sold it to someone else. They will sell Maserati, Alfa Romeo, and Fiat. Going forward Ewing will have nothing to do with it.

On the eastside of town we will have a Maserati and Alfa Romeo dealership owned by somone - I forget his name - that owns some sort of highend used car place in Carrollton. He is supposed to have backing from Ewing. They will stay were they are in Hurst until they can move to Grapevine.

On the southside of the area we will have the Hurst Fiat operations switched to a Ewing owned Dodge and whatever else such things sell dealership in Arlington owned, operated by, and with a sign that says Ewing.

Does this sound correct?
Er, well, yea...pretty much.

Ewing took over the two Holt shops in November of 2016, and it looks like they both sold on in June/July of 2017, except they moved the Hurst Fiat to their Arlington store.

You have better info on the Eastside ex-Holt...so it would make sense for the CJDR dealership to be the Ewing one on I-20 (Just googled around a bit, and there is now a web hit on Ewing Chrysler Jepp Dodge RAM FIAT, seems the answer that).

The Maserati/Alfa Romeo with a move to Grapevine matches what the new guys at the Westside dealership have heard.

The Westside guys have bought from Ewing, and seem to be distancing...but that doesn't mean they (Ewing) aren't behind them somehow, but I doubt it. The four brothers that bought it are there every day trying to kick start the place, and the sales have climbed quite a bit.

On to map updates...you'll love this one. So the downloaded file was, according to the Alfa Techs, too big, so they told them to download the Mac version of the file and try that because it's smaller?!

·
Registered
440 Posts
By the way, sorry Patrick for highjacking the thread. I will see if the moderators can move all of this junk to another thread.
Ha. I was just thinking, wow this has gotten off topic.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I went to this dealership in June to look at the Giulia. The sales person met me on the lot. He test drove one car with me and then brought another one around for me to drive solo. When I came back he said "well I'm sure you're ready to leave, let me know if you have any questions" and walked off. I emailed him a few days later when I saw they were receiving a car with the options I wanted. He emailed back two days later and told me to email him at another email address or call. I eventually called but no one ever called me back. Really didn't make an effort to sell me a car at all.

By that point I had purchased in McKinney. McKinney was much more helpful in finding the car I wanted at the price I wanted.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I think this location is definitely a work in progress. There were zero sales people on site when I stopped there a week or so back. Their plans sound good, but who knows. I need to visit the westside dealer to see if they are going to be any better.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked up my notes on Essence Auto Group, who owns the eastside location. It was registered by Motaz A. Rhima in May 2017. The mailing address is a "used luxury vehicle" operation in Carrollton.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I looked up my notes on Essence Auto Group, who owns the eastside location. It was registered by Motaz A. Rhima in May 2017. The mailing address is a "used luxury vehicle" operation in Carrollton.
Ecarone. They always have lots of great cars and seem to do well. I have not bought a car from them, but did stop in about 6 years ago.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ok, report on Alfa Romeo - Fiat of Fort Worth service. Had the car from Friday to Tuesday because of updating issues. Alfa engineering finally got them walked through the process, which they had not done before. There were several steps that had not been in the training their Master Tech received and that were not well explained in the instructions. After the walk through, update looks flawless. I had a Giulia loaner while they kept mine, so no loss there, and they topped up my tank too. I'll give them the thumbs up, especially as Luke took the time to call me and update me on the status several times. They were honest as to the issue, and that this was something they had not had to do yet, so I can't really hold that against them...the next time should be a doodle for them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts