Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
I’m looking for that in a classic. I also considered some of the old Alfa’s like the GTA. I can’t imagine how much of a pita finding parts would be though.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I’m looking for that in a classic. I also considered some of the old Alfa’s like the GTA. I can’t imagine how much of a pita finding parts would be though.
I think you mean a GTV...GTA is a 6 figure car...LOL Parts are not hard to come by and there is a very strong aftermarket network. The issue is finding the right car. They aint cheap fully sorted.

1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 nice car

No Reserve: 1969 Alfa Romeo GTV 1750 more desirable year/model but this is a project car!

No Reserve: 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 fully sorted ready to drive enjoy, put gas and go!

Twin-Spark 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV a unicorn resto-mod with a twin-spark motor

·
Registered
568 Posts
I’d rather get a somewhat sorted and then do the rest. Outside of body work, I enjoy working on cars for the most part. The modern Alfa’s are lacking in that department.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I’d rather get a somewhat sorted and then do the rest. Outside of body work, I enjoy working on cars for the most part. The modern Alfa’s are lacking in that department.
engine work to doeable on a GTV...body work will kill you, emotionally, physically & financially...LOL

·
Registered
568 Posts
I hear that. I don’t do body work or try rebuilding carburetor and transmission. But I enjoy all the rest. There a guy named Jethro Bronner from South Africa that rebuilds old Alfa’s on YouTube. I’d love to do something similar to what he’s been doing.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I hear that. I don’t do body work or try rebuilding carburetor and transmission. But I enjoy all the rest. There a guy named Jethro Bronner from South Africa that rebuilds old Alfa’s on YouTube. I’d love to do something similar to what he’s been doing.
lookie here a real GTA.....maybe it's fate?

·
Registered
568 Posts
That’s the price target I have for the toy car. Might go for a RS3 as a daily in order to justify that kinda cost to the wife tho.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
That’s the price target I have for the toy car. Might go for a RS3 as a daily in order to justify that kinda cost to the wife tho.
In bocca al lupo!! God Bless. That GTA will be trading for close to 6 figures. If you can do that, buy it! Your money will get a greater return with the 69 GTA in the end.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think I want to push my mid life crisis back to my 50s. I got a few years before that.

103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well, technically it's a Giulia forum.

I think the OP is a bot, as well as a paid vendor, which explains why the abundance of unchecked unrelated posts -- kinda like Stelvio posts in a Giulia dedicated forum.
In no way, shape, or form am I a bot. If you noticed, these posts are all in our own personal subforum.

Unlike the other sponsors, we don't strictly peddle our Giulia systems, our results speak for themselves. I use OUR subforum to give you all a look behind the scenes at our in-house engineering, designing and handcrafting, something many others can not do.

103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Get that aggressive and sharp BMW sound without any check engine lights or in cabin drone. The Supersport X-Pipe Valvetronic exhaust system includes Fabspeed's high-performance Valvetronic axle back section and our "Double-X" mid-pipe that deletes the secondary catalytic converters, for the perfect combination of sound, power, and weight reduction.

SOUND:

This system transforms the M3/M4 into a proper sounding monster. You’ll actually hear some turbo spool when letting off the throttle and you’ll feel the gritty iconic BMW straight six sound coming through the cabin under hard acceleration. Adding more pops and bangs on downshifts and giving a throaty rumble at idle.

FEATURES:
  • Fits all BMW M3 & M4 (G80/G82) sedan/coupe vehicles worldwide (2021+)
  • Constructed from CNC mandrel-bent 14-16 gauge T304L stainless steel
  • Laser scanned and CAD designed for perfect OEM fitment using Ametek Handyscan 700
  • Includes Deluxe Quad-Style Tips in your choice of finish
  • World's first and only “Double-X” midpipe design includes two investment cast “X” sections for increased exhaust scavenging, resulting in a throaty exhaust note with the least amount of rasp
  • Uses aerospace quality Helical Limited exhaust valves imported from the U.K.
  • No CEL (Check Engine Light) guaranteed (on US spec cars)
  • Saves 8lbs / 3.6KGs compared to the factory system
  • Retains factory valve functionality for “plug and play” installation
  • Simple bolt-on installation, no cutting or welding required
  • All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,841 Posts
Get that aggressive and sharp BMW sound without any check engine lights or in cabin drone. The Supersport X-Pipe Valvetronic exhaust system includes Fabspeed's high-performance Valvetronic axle back section and our "Double-X" mid-pipe that deletes the secondary catalytic converters, for the perfect combination of sound, power, and weight reduction.

SOUND:

This system transforms the M3/M4 into a proper sounding monster. You’ll actually hear some turbo spool when letting off the throttle and you’ll feel the gritty iconic BMW straight six sound coming through the cabin under hard acceleration. Adding more pops and bangs on downshifts and giving a throaty rumble at idle.

FEATURES:
  • Laser scanned and CAD designed for perfect OEM fitment using Ametek Handyscan 700
  • World's first and only “Double-X” midpipe design includes two investment cast “X” sections for increased exhaust scavenging, resulting in a throaty exhaust note with the least amount of rasp
  • All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty

and vision

Thumbnail

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,440 Posts

SOUND:

FEATURES:

I asked this before in a different thread but didn't get much response. What's the thought/benefit behind a double x pipe? Why not just one x pipe and the other resonator delete be straight?

103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I asked this before in a different thread but didn't get much response. What's the thought/benefit behind a double x pipe? Why not just one x pipe and the other resonator delete be straight?
Hey Alex!

The benefit of the double X-pipe is drone reduction, truly one of the largest downsides of modern M-cars. They a drone machines, unless you mod them properly!

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,440 Posts
Hey Alex!

The benefit of the double X-pipe is drone reduction, truly one of the largest downsides of modern M-cars. They a drone machines, unless you mod them properly!
That makes sense John. I've seen/heard the application on a gt350 and it sounded great

Reactions: Fabspeed Motorsport
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The 2021+ latest Bavarian blaster combines big-time performance, debated looks, and plenty of hi-tech features. Where we concentrate on is clean and simple - the performance, sound, and absolute focus on the driving experience.

We're very excited to be offering and officially release the world's best-sounding exhaust upgrades for the BMW M3/M4 (G80/G82) vehicles, in three simple configurations customized for all BMW enthusiasts.

This system transforms the M3/M4 into a proper-sounding monster. You’ll actually hear some turbo spool when letting off the throttle and you’ll feel the gritty iconic BMW straight-six sound coming through the cabin under hard acceleration. Adding more pops and bangs on downshifts and giving a throaty rumble at idle.

1. Fabspeed M3/M4 Supersport X-Pipe Valvetronic Exhaust System
  2. Fabspeed M3/M4 Valvetronic Exhaust System
  3. Fabspeed M3/M4 Intermediate X-Pipe
A direct bolt-on replacement for restrictive OEM and heavy factory exhaust system, our T304L stainless steel construction will add significant power and tone throughout the RPM band. Additionally, you can maintain your valve functionality with our Supersport X-Pipe Valvetronic option, which uses aerospace quality Helical Limited exhaust valves imported from the U.K.

For those owners wanting to get the extra 10%, we recommend combining our Supersport X-Pipe Valvetronic Exhaust System with our Intermediate X-Pipe, delivering that aggressive sharp BMW sound without ANY check engine lights or cabin drone.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts