Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're really excited to start development on the brand new M3/M4!
Subscribe for more updates as we go through the design process.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Uh, this is an Alfa forum, why follow BMW mods? Oh, maybe it's to see if you guys can find a way to fix that nose...
Well, technically it's a Giulia forum.

I think the OP is a bot, as well as a paid vendor, which explains why the abundance of unchecked unrelated posts -- kinda like Stelvio posts in a Giulia dedicated forum.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Uh, this is an Alfa forum, why follow BMW mods? Oh, maybe it's to see if you guys can find a way to fix that nose...
I almost traded my Giulia in for a M340i this week... The M3 is also high on my list. They must be thinking that owning an Alfa leads to BMW ownership eventually.

·
Registered
568 Posts
True.. I'd love to have moved up to a QV. The M3 grill is almost enough to make you forget about all the probs w/ Alfa.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I almost traded my Giulia in for a M340i this week... The M3 is also high on my list. They must be thinking that owning an Alfa leads to BMW ownership eventually.
or the reverse...I've had M cars for 30 years and finally left my F80 M3 after less than a year for my QV.
my wife drives an 2020 M340i and it is better than my F80 M3 was all around.
oh just as an FYI to all, wife had to bring in the 340 for its 23k miles check up...they told her bring it Monday. She asked for a loaner, they said make it the following Monday??!!...waiting 2 weeks for a loaner.
as far as the post, I like FabSpeed, have had them in my prior M cars, great product, well made, delivers as advertised

·
Registered
568 Posts
We looked at a F30 340i but then realized we could get a new G20 for the same price. Each time we looked, we wound up wanting the next model up. By the time I got to the M340i, I was thinking I should just go for the M3. But that grill....

I tend to keep my 'toy' cars for a very long time (10 - 15 years for the last two). I don't think anyone will want to keep looking at the current grill for the next decade. I also wouldn't want to be the guy spending money on a new M3 only to find out BMW redesigned the front fascia right after.

·
Registered
850 Posts
"emergency" auto re-designs do happen. 20 years ago, Subaru put a pig's snout nose on their high performance AWD turbo car, and quickly re-did it. NV

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
We looked at a F30 340i but then realized we could get a new G20 for the same price. Each time we looked, we wound up wanting the next model up. By the time I got to the M340i, I was thinking I should just go for the M3. But that grill....

I tend to keep my 'toy' cars for a very long time (10 - 15 years for the last two). I don't think anyone will want to keep looking at the current grill for the next decade. I also wouldn't want to be the guy spending money on a new M3 only to find out BMW redesigned the front fascia right after.
I am with you. I do not lease my cars. I buy them and if after a year I ain't feeling it anymore I cut them loose.
I have 3 keepers in my garage 89M3 00M5 and my QV.
Wife had a 2016 340 M-Sport and it was a really nice car, the G20 M340 is very different, it feels/drives heavier than the F30, the steering was better in the F30 BUT the belle of the ball, much like the QV is the lump under the hood.
the G20 M340 makes 382hp out of a TT6....as a point of reference my M5 stock made 396 out of a 4.9V8.
It can really move, but the ride is shittier than her old 340. I chalk that off to the run-craps & different suspension set-up in the G.
That was another thing, my QV rides so much better than my old M3, in every setting

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think I want to go back and try something like your M3 next. They weren’t popular in my area at the time, so I missed out when they were new.

·
Registered
399 Posts
M340i Drives like a boat compared to the Giulia, I was very disappointed when I drove it and I really wanted to like the car. I was planning to buy one and when I went to test drive it I hated the way it drove. I have never purchased the same car twice but here I am on my second Giulia planning to lease a third in less than two years, unless the new RWD inline 6 Mazda 6 is amazing.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I can really see going back to BMW. I think the new M3/M4 is going to be remembered as a last of the breed sort. It’s the kind of car I could see holding onto for the long haul. A weird, in your face reminder of the petrol age.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I can really see going back to BMW. I think the new M3/M4 is going to be remembered as a last of the breed sort. It’s the kind of car I could see holding onto for the long haul. A weird, in your face reminder of the petrol age.
like the guy in I-Robot with the Ducati

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
@313speed
I know of a 2017 M3 ZCP car for sale with under 30k on the odo $55k ask.
Owner checked ALL the boxes except he kept it a manual. CF all over, CCB, exec package etc.
only thing he checked the Austin Yellow color box, not in my color wheelhouse...LOL reminds me too much of Phoenix Yellow from the E46 intro. Fellow BMWCCA member

·
Registered
568 Posts
I found a black 2018 for $39k, but they dealership just forwarded me this one. Not bad, but at that price I might as well go for the M.

On a totally different note, Omaze has a ‘88 M3 sweepstakes going. First time I ever bought tickets from them.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I found a black 2018 for $39k, but they dealership just forwarded me this one. Not bad, but at that price I might as well go for the M.

On a totally different note, Omaze has a ‘88 M3 sweepstakes going. First time I ever bought tickets from them.
That's ALOT of money for a used M340....almost what we paid for ours NEW. will post up the Monroney sticker later for you as a base line....I guess this is a function of the used car market right now...prices are ^^^^^
Well I hope you win the E30....it was called God's Chariot back in the day...just an absolute fun/engaging/driver's car.
Not big on power/torque, think big go-kart

1 - 20 of 37 Posts