Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide detail pics of the rearview mirror, including a side view shot and measure the thickness of width of the rearview stem?

I'm trying to get BlendMount to make a Radar Detector Mount for the Giulia, therefore I can order one in advance as well

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Can anyone provide detail pics of the rearview mirror, including a side view shot and measure the thickness of width of the rearview stem?

I'm trying to get BlendMount to make a Radar Detector Mount for the Giulia, therefore I can order one in advance as well

Gimme a few. If you get one and it works I will jump on board. I got mine hardwired.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

I was able to quickly measure 2 to 2.5 (with some ribbon) inches as the total diameter of the bracket. The real issue is the amount of clearance in between the mirror and the mount fascia for the camera unit for your safety programs. Its half of what is pictured.

·
Registered
420 Posts
What's weird is that they should have a universal mount instead of something specific for a model or range of models.

I've seen companies that make parts for cameras that have similar adjustable arms that stay steady, which goes to prove what can be done in this case. Anyways, can't wait to see what Blendmount comes out with.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
The mirror stalk dimensions:

18mm- Stalk Diameter
10-12mm - Stalk Usable width

The Usable width is based off of my current mirror position/angle, anything greater will prevent mirror movement.

Reactions: that boy asad

·
Registered
420 Posts
Clearly y'all have not seen the classic 70s movie The Gumball Rally. As Raúl Juliá playing Italian race driver Franco Bertollini states so well as he throws the rear view mirror out of the car - What is behind me is not important. Just follow his advice and you will have plenty of room.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Reactions: that boy asad

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
That is perfect, thank you so much!

Will keep everyone updated when J2Designs get back to me, hopefully we can have a Radar Detector and GoPro mount made soon

http://www.blendmount.com/

(I am not affiliated with them, but I do like having a proper mount and concealed wiring for my radar detector)
Love the idea. I have to keep up up top as hidden as possible while keeping in mind line of sight has I live next to 2 of the 3 or 4 states radar detectors are illegal in lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts