Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - these forums are incredibly helpful - thanks to everyone who contributes. Put down a deposit on a stock new Alfa QF through Pentagon Doncaster. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with this dealer? I personally found Palmers Hemel Hempstead and Glynn Hopkins St Albans a let down on the sales side.

I live in northwest London so will need to find someone a little more local for my service (which depending on my luck could be a place a visit often). Anyone strongly recommend a good place for servicing these cars around London? Also has anyone recently bought a service pack in the UK?

Also I was wondering if there are any recommendations for insurers - I've contacted all the usual suspects and despite having a clean driving record (so far!) my quotes are coming in at £800-£1,400 with a £700-850 excess.

Thanks in advance! HRP

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Glad you were able to find it useful in your purchase decision and what a great one you've made :D There's a few domesticated Brits here who can help (I've lost most of my knowledge) :D I used to insure my RX7 through Elephant, Adrian Flux and Direct Line, i'd play then off each other, not sure if they're any good these days or you've already tried them. I didn't pay more than a grand though for a group 20 car.

Best of luck, keep us posted on how it all goes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - unfortunately Adrian Flux is working out as one of the most expensive and Directline one of the cheapest. They don't haggle on the telephone like they used to anymore! I can't threaten to leave or cancel anything these days, as I actually have to follow through with it now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts