Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I'm saying this, as most car and truck (and airplane) seats have too little lumbar for me. My Giulia Ti's sport seats lumbar is either too strong or too sharp in shape. I believe I have it set to its minimum and have experimented with moving it up and down. Has anyone encountered a way to reduce it? I'm not looking for a big change and don't want to tear up the seats.

Similarly, while the side bolsters are great at holding me in place when cornering, they're a bit snug for long trips. Pressing the adjustment buttons makes sound but doesn't seem to move the bolsters much. I would have them checked and perhaps loosened when the lumbar is addressed.

I like that the leather is perforated. I've had cars with ventilated seats and found the feature improved comfort in the summer. I hope not to miss it.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
This might be different from seat to seat. I mean the seat style. We have the Lusso seats which are probably much different from a sport seat.

I have my lumbar support set to the least amount of support. Took me a while to realize that I can raise or lower the focal point of the support.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have sports seats the bolsters go from pleasant but snug to very snug. The lumbar however I can get to go from feels like nothing to comfortable ammount and I wouldn't describe it as sharp. I know that doesn't reallly help you. I think I would ask to sit in another sport seat at the dealer to see if it feels the same to you to see whether your Giulias seat is working like it should.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've been able to get the lumbar to go to flat, as well. And I agree, the side bolsters are great, but even at full width, they are snug on the sports seats...but not uncomfortable. My main complaint is not being able to raise the front of the seat bottom independently of the back. I do like the extendable thigh support on the sport seats, too.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neither is bothersome enough to take the car in for and miss driving it, but I will stop by the dealer to test-sit another sport seat. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm fairly long-legged and have found the thigh support to be sufficient even unextended. Agree that seat adjustability should encompass more dimensions.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Has anybody thought to remove the seat and add a shim under the seat rails to 'tilt' the seat?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 White/Black, Performance Pkg., Leather Pkg., 35W Xenon, Static Assist, Sunroof, Navigation
193 Posts
Has anybody thought to remove the seat and add a shim under the seat rails to 'tilt' the seat?
Yes, I have and it works very well. I think there are a few posts, including my own, under "DIY Seat Hack." I think the guy, who posted it is named: Emozine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts