Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

What would be your pick? (all have sunroof)

• 2018 Vesuvio grey: sport pack, yellow caps, black int. (New build)

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • 2017 TI Vesuvio grey: 19" dark wheels, yellow caps, leather pack, sound, Black int.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 2017 TI Misano blue: AWD, 18" sport pack, yellow caps, black int.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 2018 TI Stromboli grey: 19" silver wheels, red caps, red/black int.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 2017 TI Comp. red: AWD 18" pack, red caps, performance pack, black int.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 2017 TI Vesuvio grey: AWD, 18" pack, yellow caps, pretty much everything

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 2017 Vesuvio grey: AWD, 18" pack, red caps, all packs except performance pack

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 2017 Monte Carlo blue: AWD, 18" pack, red caps, all packs except performance pack

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 2018 Stelvio TI Misano blue: 20" sport pack, yellow caps

Votes: 6 15.4%

Decisions decisions......

6K views 42 replies 17 participants last post by  Alwaysdutch 
#1 ·
So I have been looking around for another Giulia as it has been decided by Alfa Romeo that it is better to replace the car. I certainly have mixed feelings,as I liked my loaded Vesuvio grey Base.

With that said, I have options,so I have been looking around and the more I look, the more it gets difficult to see what I like the most.

In random order, I am looking at the vehicles that are listed in the poll. I know, it only matters what I like and not what others like, but sometimes good feedback comes out of these things, so feel free to chime in.

If nothing else, it is fun to watch other Giulias, right?

#4 ·
The car has been having a variety of issues that could not be solved by the dealership. Car has been (and still is) at the dealer for a total of around 70 days out of 8 months.

#7 ·
is this a lemon car? if so, they have to replace it as oppose to giving you your money back?

if the car has been giving you this much trouble, why would you even want it again?

#13 ·
List the important aspects

@Alwaysdutch
I have same color same base and I love it. Red and Blue all very nice, but as everyone turn heads the cop too. If you are performance orientated pls consider Q4 or at least Q2 this time around. Then the interior color and feel. When you get in you wont see much of outside. Its the driving and all about driving. Then get the 2018 instead of 2017 if you can.

#14 ·
@Alwaysdutch
I have same color same base and I love it. Red and Blue all very nice, but as everyone turn heads the cop too. If you are performance orientated pls consider Q4 or at least Q2 this time around. Then the interior color and feel. When you get in you wont see much of outside. Its the driving and all about driving. Then get the 2018 instead of 2017 if you can.
Thanks for the input, I like people's ideas. I do like the comp red, and yes, it probably gets attention to the blue lights. I also checked out a trofeo white and a few vulcano black ones with yellow cps and 19" dark wheels. AT the end of the day there are tons of good looking combinations, let alone thinking about the accessories on the inside. You find a nice color combination, it has no sunroof, or you find a nice red one, but it has an interior color I might not like. I need a beer....

#16 ·
Whatever you choose, be sure to pick one of the Ti's. The upgraded seats, interior and wheels are worth it.
I personally voted for the Rosso Competizione. Nothing compares in the sunlight.
Unfortunately, when I got mine in May 2017, they had none that were equipped the way I wanted.

#27 ·
I would have to agree on the Comp red. However, I also wanted everything. Roof, TI performance pack, HK, Ti Leather, Sport, HP Bi-xenon headlights, Dynamic Plus Safety, 8.8 screen, etc and didn't want the flat color. I looked at the Stromboli and the tri-coat white. Those are nice but they are nice. Coming from having a MINI also (decided she was a keeper in Ice Blue with all the stuff 6 years 23k more value to me) so we just pulled the trigger on Volcano black with red interior. I know red. Lots on that but you know with a black car and the red it looks to me sporty. So although it was a rule in my family to never get a black car and i live in AZ I did we did it anyway. I think it looks cool and everything is hot in AZ. I think the Vesuvio grey but I would still go with red seats :eek:) Unfortunately if you want the perfect combo you have to order it. Oh yeh. Throw in AWD. Yes of course I need it because of all the snow I have to plow through here. Yeh right. However, there is mountains to climb.

BTW. Anyone can weigh in on how this handles steep grades for climbing?

#28 ·
Steep grades- Handles them great even if it's snowing like crazy and the roads have snow pack on them (AWD of course). Fuel consumption goes down a lot when pulling the grades but the 2.0 has plenty of power to fly up the steep 6-8% grades we have around here.

#30 ·
What makes the comp red color so unique when outside? I have seen this color only at auto shows (NY, ATL, DET), but every car looks awesome under those lights.

#31 ·
Because the Comp. red is multiple coats and metallic it looks a little dark down the sides (compared with Alfa red) depending on indirect lighting thus highlighting the curves, but, it is also metallic. The AR metallics are very course flakes and catch a lot of sun and reflects a golden sparkle as well as enlightening the background in a halo effect. Thus the combination of having a darker surface and then an enlightened one is quite striking on this body with gentle curves and broad surfaces. On a medium hue or tone such as the Comp. red it is about as dramatic as it gets. The Vesuvio grey has a little of this but is a lighter tone. The Montecarlo blue also does this but is a darker tone. On something really dark like my Volcano black you get more of a mirrored panel with reflections off all the curves and then a halo in light with green and yellow sparkles on the sunlit surfaces. Not as dramatic overall but the sparkle in the sun on a black field is unique among most brands' metallics. Every color in the line-up seems to offer a different effect (advantage?).

#33 ·
My opinion only, no offense to the OP, but also for other members here who might be on the fence.

..... I voted for: 2017 TI Misano blue: AWD, 18" sport pack, yellow caps, black int. I love my black interior, my AWD, my 18" sports pack inside and outside and my yellow calipers are awesome. The Misano Blue with the Yellow calipers made it my own second choice. I actually own my first choice the Rosso Red, yellow calipers and the sports packs.

..... I much prefer (again no offense) the Rosso Red over the Comp Tri-Coat which is $2200 extra. The Tri-Coat is not like my more bright Rosso Red in the sun which does turn a gorgeous deeper red in the shade and after dark. The Red Tri-Coat is too metallic sparkly for my tastes. BTW, My Giulia is always garaged and only goes out in good weather, no rain or snow, so the paint should age very well.

..... From my old age wisdom and experience I recommend other members think long and hard about a sun roof.

#36 ·
I am hopeful I have something nice soon. I am planning to go for a ride on the Road Atlanta track in April, and take a ride to Panamy City beach in June. if anyone live in that area, let me know.

#40 ·
I was not thinking about that before, but I do think it is best to get a 2018. But, I don't know what Alfa Romeo was thinking when they designed the 2018 Ti wheels. I rather have the 5-hole, because these squared ones they have now, are not my choice.

#41 ·
Yeah, the broad Y-spokes on the Ti aren't really attractive to me either, but you should have no problem finding a Ti Sport with the 5-holes, if you don't mind the other sport package stuff.

I'm not even sure I've ever seen a Ti; it's always Ti Lusso or Ti Sport, so I forget about the Ti. A Ti with 19" 5 holes would be the hot ticket for me, really just because I want the wood trim...though I kind of prefer the non-sport fascias, too.

#42 ·
The Stelvio in Misano Blue is awesome. My dealer has one in the showroom. Of course you will have to like being the center of attention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.