Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

What would be your pick? (all have sunroof)

• 2018 Vesuvio grey: sport pack, yellow caps, black int. (New build)

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • 2017 TI Vesuvio grey: 19" dark wheels, yellow caps, leather pack, sound, Black int.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 2017 TI Misano blue: AWD, 18" sport pack, yellow caps, black int.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 2018 TI Stromboli grey: 19" silver wheels, red caps, red/black int.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 2017 TI Comp. red: AWD 18" pack, red caps, performance pack, black int.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 2017 TI Vesuvio grey: AWD, 18" pack, yellow caps, pretty much everything

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 2017 Vesuvio grey: AWD, 18" pack, red caps, all packs except performance pack

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 2017 Monte Carlo blue: AWD, 18" pack, red caps, all packs except performance pack

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 2018 Stelvio TI Misano blue: 20" sport pack, yellow caps

Votes: 6 15.4%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking around for another Giulia as it has been decided by Alfa Romeo that it is better to replace the car. I certainly have mixed feelings,as I liked my loaded Vesuvio grey Base.

With that said, I have options,so I have been looking around and the more I look, the more it gets difficult to see what I like the most.

In random order, I am looking at the vehicles that are listed in the poll. I know, it only matters what I like and not what others like, but sometimes good feedback comes out of these things, so feel free to chime in.

If nothing else, it is fun to watch other Giulias, right?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
what happened to your giulia that you previosuly owned?

·
Registered
573 Posts
You just had to really complicate things by throwing a Stelvio into the mix.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what happened to your giulia that you previosuly owned?
The car has been having a variety of issues that could not be solved by the dealership. Car has been (and still is) at the dealer for a total of around 70 days out of 8 months.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anything but grey!!! Sorry, I mean no offense to the owners of gray Giuluas, but come on...these cars are Italian masterpieces...they *need* to be a bold, beautiful color! Gray just doesn't cut it. (Here come the flames...)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The car has been having a variety of issues that could not be solved by the dealership. Car has been (and still is) at the dealer for a total of around 70 days out of 8 months.
is this a lemon car? if so, they have to replace it as oppose to giving you your money back?

if the car has been giving you this much trouble, why would you even want it again?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is this a lemon car? if so, they have to replace it as oppose to giving you your money back?

if the car has been giving you this much trouble, why would you even want it again?
Well, I had my mind set on a Giulia, and for the time that I had no issues, it was just the most fun car I have ever owned. Even in my current loaner I step every morning in with a smile on my face. Any make can have issues. I owned a new VW Jetta that needed an engine swap, so no make or model is perfect on each product that rolls out of the factory. I chose hands down another Giulia.

·
Registered
50 Posts

no brand is perfect. If the Giulia is what one wants then go for it again....If the second is a lemon, well, that's another discussion.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I wouldn't roll the dice on a '17; gotta an '18 whateveryouwant.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems that competition red is the winning combination so far, and I am kind of surprised that the Misano blue is not picking up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
List the important aspects

@Alwaysdutch
I have same color same base and I love it. Red and Blue all very nice, but as everyone turn heads the cop too. If you are performance orientated pls consider Q4 or at least Q2 this time around. Then the interior color and feel. When you get in you wont see much of outside. Its the driving and all about driving. Then get the 2018 instead of 2017 if you can.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Alwaysdutch
I have same color same base and I love it. Red and Blue all very nice, but as everyone turn heads the cop too. If you are performance orientated pls consider Q4 or at least Q2 this time around. Then the interior color and feel. When you get in you wont see much of outside. Its the driving and all about driving. Then get the 2018 instead of 2017 if you can.
Thanks for the input, I like people's ideas. I do like the comp red, and yes, it probably gets attention to the blue lights. I also checked out a trofeo white and a few vulcano black ones with yellow cps and 19" dark wheels. AT the end of the day there are tons of good looking combinations, let alone thinking about the accessories on the inside. You find a nice color combination, it has no sunroof, or you find a nice red one, but it has an interior color I might not like. I need a beer....

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Plenty of boldness

Anything but grey!!! Sorry, I mean no offense to the owners of gray Giuluas, but come on...these cars are Italian masterpieces...they *need* to be a bold, beautiful color! Gray just doesn't cut it. (Here come the flames...)
It ain't "gray"! It's "Stromboli".

Attachments

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
651 Posts
Whatever you choose, be sure to pick one of the Ti's. The upgraded seats, interior and wheels are worth it.
I personally voted for the Rosso Competizione. Nothing compares in the sunlight.
Unfortunately, when I got mine in May 2017, they had none that were equipped the way I wanted.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
651 Posts
One more thought

Stromboli and Trofeo white models are hard(er) to find, that's for sure
One more thought. I love (love) Love mine, but I wish I had the paddle shifters.
They actually had two in Stromboli when I got mine - one with the paddles and one without. The one with the paddles had an MSRP that was more than $3,000 higher. It also had the brown interior, which my wife did not like, but I loved.
Because of the cost and the interior, I went with the Ti Lusso with the black interior. The only regret I have is the paddles.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
My 17 has been trouble free to date.
There have been more TSBs and RRTs issued for MY17 than MY18...just to look at those as one metric of risk.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts