Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am super impressed by the QV. Didn't see it coming? I was just about to lease yet another Audi S5 or S4. Then drove the QV which changed everything. One thing I don't like are dealers sticking to the MSRP price. I am thinking the 2017 gotta move because the 2018s are coming with some more enhancements, Apple Play (which I think sucks) and probably firmware bugs being fixed.

Question to anyone else ready to buy a QV. Do you try to get a deal on a 2017 or do you simply order a 2018? I am negotiating a few deals to get a fairly loaded MSRP of 77K QV to low 70s. But I also read somewhere that the 2018 are being leased or purchased for 72K with similar MSRP.

Anyone in the know on this? I would love your input!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi All,

I am super impressed by the QV. Didn't see it coming? I was just about to lease yet another Audi S5 or S4. Then drove the QV which changed everything. One thing I don't like are dealers sticking to the MSRP price. I am thinking the 2017 gotta move because the 2018s are coming with some more enhancements, Apple Play (which I think sucks) and probably firmware bugs being fixed.

Question to anyone else ready to buy a QV. Do you try to get a deal on a 2017 or do you simply order a 2018? I am negotiating a few deals to get a fairly loaded MSRP of 77K QV to low 70s. But I also read somewhere that the 2018 are being leased or purchased for 72K with similar MSRP.

Anyone in the know on this? I would love your input!
If you can get a deal and get it configured the way you like it, I would go for the 2017. I just got mine a month ago for almost $5000 off MSRP. The only advantage of 2018 from what I gather is Apple Play which to me is not a big need. The new iOS by default blocks any incoming texts while you're driving anyways. As far as the gremlins I have read about, other than the headlight washer cover issue, most everything else seems to be a matter of software updates. Go for it!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Unless you are getting at least $5K off MSRP, I think buying a 2017 model at the end of 2017 would be ill-advised (in my opinion).

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm ordering a 2018 in order to get the exact spec that I want.
But if you're not to picky or you can find a 2017 that you like, you may be able to get a better deal. There have been reports of good discounts of 5K to 8K off for 2017s. I think someone even got one for $65K from an Atlanta dealer. You'll have to shop around though and be ready to buy long distance.

I haven't heard of anyone getting much over $3K or 4K off of a 2018 order.For that it may be even harder to find a dealer willing to bargain.

Reactions: 2017QV

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But if you're not to picky or you can find a 2017 that you like, you may be able to get a better deal. There have been reports of good discounts of 5K to 8K off for 2017s. I think someone even got one for $65K from an Atlanta dealer. You'll have to shop around though and be ready to buy long distance.

I haven't heard of anyone getting much over $3K or 4K off of a 2018 order.For that it may be even harder to find a dealer willing to bargain.
Hi All,

Thanks for the input. Yes, I have been searching on the Alfa Website by changing the zip, sliding the HP bar to 500+ and searching a 200 mile radius. I have found a few that meet my criteria MSRP is 77K. So based on your feedback, if I can get a 2017 for 5K off MSRP I can feel comfortable with that deal. Thanks for that!

Next, did anyone lease? If I can get a QV with MSRP of 77.5K cap cost of 72.5K, 12K miles a year, 3 Year lease, MF of .00113 (2.7%) and residual of 59% at end I would do that in a heartbeat! That would be a $850ish month payment with zero down besides fees and first month (Call it 2K drive off). Thats what I got rolling around in my head after leasing BMW and Audis for years. :). I will follow up with what I come up with. I just hope dealers are feeling the pressure of the looming flood of QV 2018s hitting show rooms soon, otherwise I will wait until spring.

Cheers,

P

·
Registered
617 Posts
I am the person that recently bought the new qf for $10k off sticker. I paid $65k plus obligatory taxes.

and yes, the qf is a serious car and the op is correct in looking at it in lieu of the german product. my car is getting clear film protected and will be back in my hands on Saturday....I already miss her!

I may not drive my Ferraris or 930 turbo again...the alfa is so **** cool!!!!!!!

the car is so much wow I cannot convey.

·
Registered
617 Posts
and I may mention that I have been an scca and imsa racer for many years...don't get wrapped around the wheel regarding ccb or not to ccb. I did not get ccb's and I assure you, the standard brembos are better than that which I had on my gtu race car.

good luck in finding your deal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A dealer in atlanta had a QV for 15K off but looks like it sold already. They were showing 6-9K off on TI's and 53K for brand new 4c's, more dealers will probably follow suit since they are advertising them .

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ferraripete. Can you PM me? I would love to hear about the details.. I want your deal! I don't have enough posts to PM you (annoying).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for the input. Yes, I have been searching on the Alfa Website by changing the zip, sliding the HP bar to 500+ and searching a 200 mile radius. I have found a few that meet my criteria MSRP is 77K. So based on your feedback, if I can get a 2017 for 5K off MSRP I can feel comfortable with that deal. Thanks for that!

Next, did anyone lease? If I can get a QV with MSRP of 77.5K cap cost of 72.5K, 12K miles a year, 3 Year lease, MF of .00113 (2.7%) and residual of 59% at end I would do that in a heartbeat! That would be a $850ish month payment with zero down besides fees and first month (Call it 2K drive off). Thats what I got rolling around in my head after leasing BMW and Audis for years. :). I will follow up with what I come up with. I just hope dealers are feeling the pressure of the looming flood of QV 2018s hitting show rooms soon, otherwise I will wait until spring.

Cheers,

P
I purchased mine. I also made the offer 5 days before the end of the month and end of the quarter so that didn't hurt. Good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I haven't heard of anyone getting much over $3K or 4K off of a 2018 order. For that it may be even harder to find a dealer willing to bargain.
Found two cars I like after searching the country. One is used with 4K miles. MSRP 77.5K - Sell for 69K. The other is a dealer owner demo with 3K miles MSRP 77K (but would be sold as new, so warranty starts when I sign, finance etc applies). Sell for 68.5K. I would pull trigger on either one if I can get them to 65k. Gonna make a run at it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I typed a long and well thought message and the site froze on me and I lost my work.

you are welcome to call me if you wish.

peter @ 619-884-9864

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hi All,

Cheers,

P
You will be pushed to find a decent lease deal on a Quad. There just isn't enough volume for the math to work out well. If you were to find someone who would lease one, they will err on the side of caution and charge high interest rates and a very low residual. I inquired about leasing mine and there was just no way to do it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
$10K off MSRP on a new (not used, not fleet, not demo) car is absolutely phenomenal.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
120 Posts

Cheers,

P
So I have been doing research on this for the last month and spoke with 5 dealers and two brokers who work with Alfa dealers and the consensus is leasing is not going to be a good option right now on the QV. I have had lease payments range from $1600- 1890 with residuals down to the 30ks and downpayments ranging from $5600-8200... the **** just makes my eyes bleed.

It sounds like Alfa is not interested I leasing QV's and would rather work out purchase options.

You can lease a Lexus GSF with the same MSRP for like 799 right now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I have been doing research on this for the last month and spoke with 5 dealers and two brokers who work with Alfa dealers and the consensus is leasing is not going to be a good option right now on the QV. I have had lease payments range from $1600- 1890 with residuals down to the 30ks and downpayments ranging from $5600-8200... the **** just makes my eyes bleed.

It sounds like Alfa is not interested I leasing QV's and would rather work out purchase options.

You can lease a Lexus GSF with the same MSRP for like 799 right now.
Thanks for that information. No wonder I can't get any lease numbers from the dealer. I have a HELOC that I can use to lease it to myself and write off the interest lol :). The generous bank of me, no credit app required lol :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK...Pulled the trigger on this Vesuvio Gray, black 5 hole, harmon kardon, driver assist with 3K miles. MSRP $77,595. Purchase price $69,200.

http://schmelzvolkswagen.vinmanagersites.com/AutoDetails2.aspx?id=45282219

It has all the options I wanted (plus the driver assist that I will end up turning off, they bother me).
I would classify this as a "fair deal". Its not the 10K off msrp deal but I think those are hard to come by. Can't wait to get it in drive it!

Thanks to the community members for giving me input on deals out there! :smile2:

P

·
Registered
617 Posts
OK...Pulled the trigger on this Vesuvio Gray, black 5 hole, harmon kardon, driver assist with 3K miles. MSRP $77,595. Purchase price $69,200.

http://schmelzvolkswagen.vinmanagersites.com/AutoDetails2.aspx?id=45282219

It has all the options I wanted (plus the driver assist that I will end up turning off, they bother me).
I would classify this as a "fair deal". Its not the 10K off msrp deal but I think those are hard to come by. Can't wait to get it in drive it!

Thanks to the community members for giving me input on deals out there! :smile2:

P

well that was fast. a decision maker!!!! enjoy her.

·
Registered
693 Posts
That didn't take long. Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts