Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited 2 AR dealers in South Florida

AR can't compete with Audi, MB, BMW, with repurposed Chrysler, Fiat dealers. Even entry level premium cars deserve a more refined experience at the dealer. Very put off by the limited amenities. Difficult to spend much time in a dealership with such spartan accommodations

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
I agree that the dealership experience has much room for improvement. BMW sold 28,962 vehicles in the US in June compared to 1,017 by Alfa Romeo. There is simply more $ for established luxury brands. I hope that Alfa will continue to increase its sales volume and ultimately improve the dealerships.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While I agree with your sentiment, good grief man. Is it really that 'difficult'?

I don't expect much more than wifi and terrible coffee. Did you enjoy your test drive though?

Test drive is fine, very interested in purchasing if I could find right combination.

Stopped by Audi dealer within 2 miles, no comparison of where you want to purchase. At $50k they are competing for similar buyers.

I think AR would be better off tied to Maserati dealers than Chrysler/Fiat

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I find the information very helpful and the community very engaging and passionate about the brand.

Alfa is competing in a hot segment and they need to have a polished image. I've owned 3 164's, 1991 base, 1993 S, and 1995 LS. They were sold at Ferrari dealers. Maserati tarnished their image when they started selling thru Chrysler dealers.

AR needs to infuse some cash into their cache' this is brand resurrection

·
Registered
72 Posts
Once upon a time I bought a used Lexus from a Glorious Dealer in suburban Chicago. Refined, yes! Lots of stone veneer, artwork, and working fountain - dripping or spraying credibility. They even let the kids sit in their showroom LFA and rev the engine. What fun! I'll buy your used Lexus sir, I am in love!!

A few weeks later they told me that the white dandruff-like material blowing out of the air ducts was unavoidable. Nothing could be done. Unrequited love strikes a cruel blow.

Happily, a much smaller rural dealer (no fountain for him) told me that the issue had to do with a defective heat exchange unit, and that they could replace it at no charge. They drove 60 miles to pick up the car, left a loner, and returned it all in good shape in a few days (no sales commission for them).

If only amenities correlated with integrity!

Caveat Emptor

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts
My local Alfa Romeo dealership also sells Fiat and is in a high-rent neighborhood with Porsche, Audi, and Land Rover. Service is miles away at a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram store. We'll see.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
I totally agree! There is a dealership in the DFW area that is indeed Maserati and Alfa Romeo. I purchased from the FIAT/Alfa dealership instead because of price and helpfulness of the sales associate but the other dealership was nicer.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
134 Posts
Once upon a time I bought a used Lexus from a Glorious Dealer in suburban Chicago. Refined, yes! Lots of stone veneer, artwork, and working fountain - dripping or spraying credibility. They even let the kids sit in their showroom LFA and rev the engine. What fun! I'll buy your used Lexus sir, I am in love!!

A few weeks later they told me that the white dandruff-like material blowing out of the air ducts was unavoidable. Nothing could be done. Unrequited love strikes a cruel blow.

Happily, a much smaller rural dealer (no fountain for him) told me that the issue had to do with a defective heat exchange unit, and that they could replace it at no charge. They drove 60 miles to pick up the car, left a loner, and returned it all in good shape in a few days (no sales commission for them).

If only amenities correlated with integrity!

Caveat Emptor
Our Lexus dealer here also has incredibly lush digs. If I was looking for a place to work an "inside the dealership" job, that would be so nice to walk into every day. On the other hand, it seems a bit like the super posh cassinos - you know they don't build those as a tax write-off for all the $$ in your pocket you walk out of there with!!
Our Alfa dealer is pretty basic, but they have a couple guys that truely love and know about the brand, not just what it says on the window sticker. They also sell Maseratis.. Yeah, it would be nice to feel more like a VIP when I walked into an incredibly upscale 5-star hotel lobby of a show room, but I hope not to be there very long, so it doesn't bother me much at all. Just make sure there aren't customers sitting around that showroom for hours on end "enjoying" the wi-fi.... THAT may be a bad sign.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Visited 2 AR dealers in South Florida

AR can't compete with Audi, MB, BMW, with repurposed Chrysler, Fiat dealers. Even entry level premium cars deserve a more refined experience at the dealer. Very put off by the limited amenities. Difficult to spend much time in a dealership with such spartan accommodations
BBBBOOOOOUUUUUUUJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE

:x

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Alfa Marraige

Test drive is fine, very interested in purchasing if I could find right combination.

Stopped by Audi dealer within 2 miles, no comparison of where you want to purchase. At $50k they are competing for similar buyers.

Here, I completely agree with you...having purchased a Quadrifoglio, but as a long time Alfisti, I have no problem going to the FIAT dealer to order and pick up my Quad....However, the Audi, MB, BMW customer Alfa is looking to steal away, would probably prefer to say they got their Alfa at the Maserati dealer, rather than the FIAT dealer....D

:wink2:

Reactions: Alfa 1

·
Registered
437 Posts
I totally agree! There is a dealership in the DFW area that is indeed Maserati and Alfa Romeo. I purchased from the FIAT/Alfa dealership instead because of price and helpfulness of the sales associate but the other dealership was nicer.
Same experience for me. In Boston, I have 3 Alfa Romeo dealerships within 30 minutes, and I got the best deal from the Fiat/Chrysler one and had great customer service. The Maserati/Alfa Romeo dealership didn't have any where near the same movement on price, and didn't feel as genuine so I took my business elsewhere. If I ever get the 4c I'm heading straight for the Fiat/Chrysler dealership.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
As a Point of Reference

just to be clear....BMW, Audi & Merc..at least in the Tri-State area...were tasked by their corporate boss's to invest heavily in the physical plant of their dealers....they even have names for this...
Merc called their NEWLY designed dealers Auto-Haus's.....they are elaborate structures with many many creature comforts...
some dealers have the service on-site...some off-site...and the service area's are a sight..from the designer coffee to snacks:grin2:
I agree and have always said that Alfa needs to pair the new launch to Maserati/Ferrari dealers...they should not be sold out of Chrysler/Dodge stores...just for brand image if nothing else....but I can live without the coffee & treats....if it means the money has been spent on trained techs and equipment, SA's that know what they are talking about, quality loaners etc.

now if you will excuse me...I'm going to sip my half/caf, double latte with a twist:grin2:

·
Registered
241 Posts
just to be clear....BMW, Audi & Merc..at least in the Tri-State area...were tasked by their corporate boss's to invest heavily in the physical plant of their dealers....they even have names for this...
Merc called their NEWLY designed dealers Auto-Haus's.....they are elaborate structures with many many creature comforts...
some dealers have the service on-site...some off-site...and the service area's are a sight..from the designer coffee to snacks:grin2:
I agree and have always said that Alfa needs to pair the new launch to Maserati/Ferrari dealers...they should not be sold out of Chrysler/Dodge stores...just for brand image if nothing else....but I can live without the coffee & treats....if it means the money has been spent on trained techs and equipment, SA's that know what they are talking about, quality loaners etc.

now if you will excuse me...I'm going to sip my half/caf, double latte with a twist:grin2:
If they did that then they'd be selling less than half of what they are now. More than anything Alfa needs to 1. Move metal and 2. establish a record of build quality and reliability. Dealership experience is secondary and meaningless if you can't get butts behind the wheel and create a cohort of satisfied customers to evangelize the brand.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

My dealership is only Alfa Romeo/Maserati ... note that it's the place I bought my car

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
If they did that then they'd be selling less than half of what they are now. More than anything Alfa needs to 1. Move metal and 2. establish a record of build quality and reliability. Dealership experience is secondary and meaningless if you can't get butts behind the wheel and create a cohort of satisfied customers to evangelize the brand.
fact is right now...Alfa has some quality issues as we have seen...and after having experienced them first hand...I can tell you that IF NOT for the second dealer who addressed & fixed the issue....Alfa would have bought my car back...as the first dealer was not able to correct the problem, in fact, the poor guy had those deer in the headlights look at one point.
IF you want to say that reliability and dealer experience (and I'm not talking about the lattes and cookies or the big screen tv) need to go hand in hand to compete with the established German brands then we would be in agreement...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Here, I completely agree with you...having purchased a Quadrifoglio, but as a long time Alfisti, I have no problem going to the FIAT dealer to order and pick up my Quad....However, the Audi, MB, BMW customer Alfa is looking to steal away, would probably prefer to say they got their Alfa at the Maserati dealer, rather than the FIAT dealer....D

:wink2:
I agree with you but I am not looking for Alfa to become #4 in the Audi/Benz/BMW status-symbol group ...

1 - 20 of 89 Posts