Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen on the forums to try and be close to an Alfa Romeo dealer, but I guess I didn’t take that advice—the Giulia was too good of a deal and experience to pass up. I’m nearly done finalizing my 36 month lease on a 2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport AWD. The dealership that is closest to me is an hour away, is this going to be an issue? Have you had to routinely take your Giulia into the dealer so routinely that being an hour away may cause an issue? I can justify 1 day off every year to get the recommended 10K/20K/30K service done, but I’d like to hear thoughts here.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I’ve seen on the forums to try and be close to an Alfa Romeo dealer, but I guess I didn’t take that advice—the Giulia was too good of a deal and experience to pass up. I’m nearly done finalizing my 36 month lease on a 2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport AWD. The dealership that is closest to me is an hour away, is this going to be an issue? Have you had to routinely take your Giulia into the dealer so routinely that being an hour away may cause an issue? I can justify 1 day off every year to get the recommended 10K/20K/30K service done, but I’d like to hear thoughts here.
My dealers are all an hour or more away from me. The only time I have had an issue with my car over the last 2 year / 15k miles is a battery discharge / recharge issue what was fixed by the dealer replacing the the start /stop relay. Regular oil changes, mods, etc I do myself.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Between recalls and service visit on our '17, I would say you'll have no problem. We were about an hour away with Los Angeles traffic.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
ZERO issues, your ONLY concern should be the quality of the service you get there. An hour is not a deal(er) breaker if they are very good with service and give loaners

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,170 Posts
It depends on you, your schedule, if the dealer provides loaners, if you can tolerate a rent-a-car, if that 1 hour drive is consistent over weather conditions, if you are willing to do your own oil changes, etc etc.

I am 3 hours in summer and 5-7 hours in winter from the nearest dealer. That mandates some planning including a back up vehicle. I do my own maintenance.

Just remember, if the dealer is one hour away and you need to drop off the vehicle and pick up later you may be making 4 trips to the dealer for 1 visit.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Too late to be asking now 😂.

You will be fine as long as the dealer is competent.

Reactions: -ds-

·
Registered
107 Posts
My dealer is about 2hrs away (120miles). Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Had my 40K service done over the weekend plus some warranty work. Showed up at 930am, they gave me a Maserati to drive - took it to the mall, did some shopping, had lunch - brought it back at 1pm. Alfa was done, washed and vac'd. Drove the Alfa home. Lovely Saturday.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Too late to be asking now 😂.
:) That's a good one!

The closest to me is about an hour away. Not a bad drive on a Saturday morning. A new one is opening up about 10 minutes away. Hope the service is just as good or better than the current one. Otherwise, I will drive an hour if I need to. There are two things I should have given more thought to before buying the car-the bloody Corsa tyres and proximity to the dealership. Luckily it has worked out for me as the tyres will be worn out soon and both cars have been a charm.

Don't let small things distract you from enjoying the car mate!

·
Registered
316 Posts
1.5 years in on my third alfa, my dealer is 150 miles away. Have had no issues, just the annual service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts