Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never leased a vehicle before. My local Alfa dealer says they cannot give me a price (with discounts) on my desired 2018 Giulia Ti factory order because I wish to lease it. They say I need to place the order, wait the ~3+ months till the vehicle arrives and then they can give me my cost when it's available to pick up.

This makes no sense to me, how can I buy if I don't know my true cost? And, I am not willing to order and then wait 3 months to then learn that I find the price unacceptable. I can understand interest rates can change, and I told them that any changes in rates I would accept. I want them to commit to a discount off the MSRP. Is this asking too much?

Are dealers discounting 2018 Ti RWD factory orders?

Is there any way to make a leased factory order work for me?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've never leased a vehicle before. My local Alfa dealer says they cannot give me a price (with discounts) on my desired 2018 Giulia Ti factory order because I wish to lease it. They say I need to place the order, wait the ~3+ months till the vehicle arrives and then they can give me my cost when it's available to pick up.

This makes no sense to me, how can I buy if I don't know my true cost? And, I am not willing to order and then wait 3 months to then learn that I find the price unacceptable. I can understand interest rates can change, and I told them that any changes in rates I would accept. I want them to commit to a discount off the MSRP. Is this asking too much?

They are probably telling you this because the incentives for the 2018 Leases haven't been released yet so they don't have a way to lock in a lease payment for you. Also the rebates are not out for the 2018 Giulia. They should be able to tell you what they are willing to do on the price (before rebates) and that once the lease incentives and rebates are released they could give you the payment. Hope this helps.

Ryan

·
Registered
72 Posts
They are probably telling you this because the incentives for the 2018 Leases haven't been released yet so they don't have a way to lock in a lease payment for you. Also the rebates are not out for the 2018 Giulia. They should be able to tell you what they are willing to do on the price (before rebates) and that once the lease incentives and rebates are released they could give you the payment. Hope this helps.

Ryan
It's more because the residual and the MF change from month to month.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

I see your on LI...what dealer did you go to???
and yes they are discounting....but again...this is ALL DEALER DEPENDANT!!!!!....geeze Louise.....forum member @BostonDMD ordered a 2018 Quadrifoglio which the dealer discounted!.....
Simple solution is find another dealer willing to deal

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there a way to determine the build date on a vehicle using the VIN? Fiat/Alfa of South Atlanta is offering me a new 2017 Giulia Base (VIN ZARFAEBN8H7541805) for only $27,240. I'm inclined to take it at this price but would prefer to avoid an early build. I've asked about the build date but haven't gotten a response. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Is there a way to determine the build date on a vehicle using the VIN? Fiat/Alfa of South Atlanta is offering me a new 2017 Giulia Base (VIN ZARFAEBN8H7541805) for only $27,240. I'm inclined to take it at this price but would prefer to avoid an early build. I've asked about the build date but haven't gotten a response. Any advice will be appreciated.
Build date means ZERO....what you want for them to do is make sure ALL the RRTs & TSBs have been done...as well as the infotainment....search the forum for those. If they have been done....sounds like a good deal

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I'm inclined to take it at this price but would prefer to avoid an early build. I've asked about the build date but haven't gotten a response. Any advice will be appreciated.
You can find the build date on the decal inside the driver's side door. But there's no need to fear an early build date so long as your dealer is willing to show you (not just tell you!!) that the relevant RRT updates have been done. Or guarantee that they will be done before you take delivery. They should have no problem doing this for you.

Some of the early cars have had a few software glitches which are easily addressed with a flash update. But I haven't seen any evidence of wide spread build quality problems or mechanical issues. Don't let this hold you back if it's the car you want and a good price!!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
and yes they are discounting....but again...this is ALL DEALER DEPENDANT!!!!!....geeze Louise.....forum member @BostonDMD ordered a 2018 Quadrifoglio which the dealer discounted!.....
Exactly! I have been able to help a few forum members here to buy a 17 or order a 18 QV for less then MSRP.

Do some research and find the "hungry" dealers willing to deal......:grin2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was at Brown's on Rt 112 Patchogue. I got a call back and was told in 3-4 weeks they should have the 2018 Mfg promo deals, so they should be able to quote me a price then. As of now they have not said what they will discount. I'll wait until next month, that's no problem for me.

I also spoke to the Westbury dealer which said the same thing about not knowing the price. Ended conversation by saying I'll email them my order specifics and in Oct they should be able to give me a quote.

So, I'll just wait for now.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I was at Brown's on Rt 112 Patchogue. I got a call back and was told in 3-4 weeks they should have the 2018 Mfg promo deals, so they should be able to quote me a price then. As of now they have not said what they will discount. I'll wait until next month, that's no problem for me.

I also spoke to the Westbury dealer which said the same thing about not knowing the price. Ended conversation by saying I'll email them my order specifics and in Oct they should be able to give me a quote.

So, I'll just wait for now.
Best of Luck with your search.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts

27K? My local dealer said no discount! Is this with a trade-in?

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
No...this is a straight purchase....no trade.
That's a great deal. I live about 4.5 hours away but it would be worth the drive. I'm looking for a Ti with the Lusso package.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow that is a steal at that price, looks like over 13K+ off for a base.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts