Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

So I've been lusting over a QV for a few years now and yesterday I finally reached a deal on a new order. Alfa Romeo of McKinney, TX just opened a new location by my house, Alfa Romeo of Dallas and I waited to make a deal with them. I have talked with several dealers and even read about the dealer in Strongsville, OH giving $8,000 off MSRP.

The dealer in Dallas said he would sell me the car at invoice so $73,000. 5-6 month wait time. Well the sales manager just called me today and told me he was unable to order my QV bc they have met their limit on orders. They said bc they have ordered so many Stelvios then cannont order my QV. This makes zero sense to me. If a customer walks into a dealer and says I want to build and order my specific car I should be able to do so, no?

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm not surprised. I experienced this when I was ordering my car. At that time, dealers had windows where their allocation would open up, maybe once per month. I can't say if it was something imposed by AR-USA or if it was a dealer fabrication. It could be that there is a certain ratio of car trim levels that they want to sell, for example, 10% QVs, 20% TI sport, etc. If the bar chart is getting out of skew, they throttle back on some trim levels

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, we experienced the same thing. They'd say they were ordering the car but then some months later something mysteriously went haywire.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,256 Posts
I'm not surprised. I experienced this when I was ordering my car. At that time, dealers had windows where their allocation would open up, maybe once per month. I can't say if it was something imposed by AR-USA or if it was a dealer fabrication. It could be that there is a certain ratio of car trim levels that they want to sell, for example, 10% QVs, 20% TI sport, etc. If the bar chart is getting out of skew, they throttle back on some trim levels
I would imagine that both Alfa and the dealers would want to sell more of their most expensive product. And if customers want the more expensive products, it is in Alfa's and the dealer's best interest to manufacture more, instead of models which people dont want as much. IMHO

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ran into the same issue. I ended up searching the entire US for the specific car I wanted and found it in Las Vegas. I called my sales guy and told him he can get it or I can, magically they found a way to get it. :)

Oh speaking of that check out there website. Last time I looked they had something like 19 QVs in stock. https://www.alfaromeousaofkirkland.com/. They may have one with your specs on the lot.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Alfa Romeo of McKinney, TX just opened a new location by my house, Alfa Romeo of Dallas and I waited to make a deal with them.
Whoa! The news here is they opened a location in Dallas proper? And please tell me it is not also a Fiat dealership.
Living inside the loop there not being a dealer/service even remotely close has been a large reason why I’d pushed the car off my list - being a brand and model known for needing one on the regular. Need to go check it out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'm wanting a MonteCarlo Blue with Ice interior, Dark 5-Hole wheels with yellow calipers. All the options except the Carbon Fiber seats and ceramic brakes.

BlacMacJac the new dealer is only Alfa. It is Mockingbird and Maple. Right by Love Field.

The sales manager did say he would try to order the car thru the Mckinney location. Just seems ridiculous to lose a sale this way.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dealers have cars allocated to them based on their sales history and some other factors. Just because you want it doesn’t mean that specific dealership can order it. Can’t do it period. They can dealer trade some other cars or future orders with another dealership to get you something if it makes sense financially. High volume dealers have more allocation. Nothing fishy or trying to sell you something off the lot. What the general public thinks goes on in dealerships is hilarious.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exactly...I don't think they are tying to do anything fishy. We agreed to a price. I could walk into Audi, BMW, MB and sit down, build the car I want, order and then do a factory delivery.

This is certainly an issue with Alfa. Wether it is from Alfa itself or the dealer issue who knows. But I should be able to walk into a dealer and order the car to my specs as desired and have it delivered 6 months later.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Get your car from Strongsville. I bought mine there and I live in Florida. It was the easiest car buying experience I have had. I didn’t have to spend a whole day at a dealership and the car was delivered to my house.

They had the exact car I wanted on order but even if they don’t have yours they can get it for you. They sell so many they have a large allocation.

Nobody can beat their price and they are a pleasure to deal with. I dealt with Jim. Great guy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Cro-Cane. It maybe the option. They actually have the very car I want minus the 5 Darkhole wheels. I have a trade in that I wanted to help with the taxes. I will give Jim a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I'm wanting a MonteCarlo Blue with Ice interior, Dark 5-Hole wheels with yellow calipers. All the options except the Carbon Fiber seats and ceramic brakes.

BlacMacJac the new dealer is only Alfa. It is Mockingbird and Maple. Right by Love Field.

The sales manager did say he would try to order the car thru the Mckinney location. Just seems ridiculous to lose a sale this way.
Don't be afraid to try the Hurst location (Essence Masarati/Alfa) or the west Fort Worth one (Alfa/Fiat of Fort Worth). Any dealer will service, and Essence welcomed me even though I bought at AoFW. Also, Essence will move to Grapevine next year, a little more accessable.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Exactly...I don't think they are tying to do anything fishy. We agreed to a price. I could walk into Audi, BMW, MB and sit down, build the car I want, order and then do a factory delivery.

This is certainly an issue with Alfa. Wether it is from Alfa itself or the dealer issue who knows. But I should be able to walk into a dealer and order the car to my specs as desired and have it delivered 6 months later.
I would talk to Strongsville. When I was considering ordering a build they seemed more than happy to accommodate if I couldn’t find something. They said that they would offer the same deals and could probably deliver it direct to me vs going through the dealer first. We didn’t go through with that and bought one they had on the lot already. I got the oh the rebates won’t be there or oh this and that locally which is why I found strongsville from the forum members. There may be others but I would not limit myself if they are not able to accommodate you there is some other dealer that will.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It has nothing to do with AR. Every dealership works this way. You cannot walk into ANY Mercedes, BMW, etc... dealer and order a car if they don’t have the allocation. Can’t happen. This is the way dealerships work whether you think it makes sense or not.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DeanDep, I bought an Audi a few years ago. Walked into the dealer. Told them I want to build the S5 and have it delivered. 20 mins later he placed the order from the factory. The big 3 German manufactures all offer Factory Deliveries. My friend just ordered an M4 from the factory, on a lease.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
the fact that the Strongsville dealer does so well should be a big clue that a lot of other dealers are doing something wrong - most everyone would prefer to go to their local dealer .
I would also surmise that if a lot of other dealers had done a proper job when customers first entered their showrooms, there wouldn't be so many unsold quads available at discount prices now. and a lot of potential customers won't bother searching out of state for a dealer when they can buy anything else right where they are.

not "every dealer" is involved in re-establishing a brand.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts