Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer quoted me on my desired order of:
2018 Giulia Ti RWD
19" Ti Sport
HK Radio
Forward Collision

The quote included the Nav 8.8 Radio for $950. I don't want the Nav, I'll be most happy with the Android Auto w Waze displayed on the 8.8 screen. It's listed separately on the attached quote, but they say their entry screen will not let them delete it, they believe it is now required as part of one of my packages. Is it true that the Nav cannot be deleted on a 2018 order?

Note: the Ti 19" Sport package price has increased by $250 to $2.500. (It does not indicate 19" but that is what I requested.)

Also. any idea what the FFP and EP prices are?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Another Long Islander !!! Soon there will be Giulias everywhere....!!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,715 Posts
2018 Giulia Ti RWD
19" Ti Sport
HK Radio
Forward Collision

The quote included the Nav 8.8 Radio for $950. I don't want the Nav, I'll be most happy with the Android Auto w Waze displayed on the 8.8 screen. It's listed separately on the attached quote, but they say their entry screen will not let them delete it, they believe it is now required as part of one of my packages. Is it true that the Nav cannot be deleted on a 2018 order?

Note: the Ti 19" Sport package price has increased by $250 to $2.500. (It does not indicate 19" but that is what I requested.)

I believe that for 2018 NAV is mandatory if you get the Sport or Lusso packages. From my perspective they simply added $900 to the price of the car. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.

My order was quite a bit different:

Ti AWD with 19" sport and performance package.
Trofeo White with Red Interior and Red calipers.
(was torn between that and Comp Red with Brown Interior and Yellow Calipers,
but Comp Red looks too much like the "fades instantly" candy apple red that was
popular back in the late 1960s--have the pigments really improved since then?)
Pretty much every option except sun roof and HK.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
2018 Giulia Ti RWD
19" Ti Sport
HK Radio
Forward Collision

I bought from Browns with no problems. My sales girl was Belce. They are actually going to install my exhaust when it comes in. Good luck with the car.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I believe that for 2018 NAV is mandatory if you get the Sport or Lusso packages. From my perspective they simply added $900 to the price of the car. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.

My order was quite a bit different:

Ti AWD with 19" sport and performance package.
Trofeo White with Red Interior and Red calipers.
(was torn between that and Comp Red with Brown Interior and Yellow Calipers,
but Comp Red looks too much like the "fades instantly" candy apple red that was
popular back in the late 1960s--have the pigments really improved since then?)
Pretty much every option except sun roof and HK.
Seriously, you're worried about the color fading like it did in the 60's? So there is something you don't know.:smile2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought from Browns with no problems. My sales girl was Belce. They are actually going to install my exhaust when it comes in. Good luck with the car.
I was working with Belce also. She's young but actually very good, I was impressed at my first long sit down with her. But, looks like she is being handicapped by a Sales Manager. I just received an email from her last night, and Brown's is not giving me any price concession. Just passing through the Mfg incentives. Did you receive any additional discount?

Is anyone receiving any dealer discounts off 2018 orders?

I actually have an Audi A4 Premium Plus still on order that I had placed 6 1/2 weeks ago. I was willing to cancel that order if the Giulia Ti Sport 19" would be cheaper, but looks like that's not happening. Really loved the Giulia's better ride and appearance, but I don't value it equal to the A4 if priced identically which is where the numbers are now. My A4's advantages are AWD, rear & side sensor warnings, probably much better reliability, premium build quality and better upgraded stereo all at no additional cost vs the Ti. This means to me the Giulia would need to cost me about $3k less to get me to purchase, but looks like that won't be happening.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses.

I found out that FFP is 1% and EP is 5% under invoice. That would give my desired $46,440 MSRP order a $44,000 invoice cost. I'll try again and see if they'll come down closer to invoice cost.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Respectfully.... "better reliability," .....Don't drink the German Kool Aid....5 people admiring my Giulia Quad today....THAT NEVER HAPPENED WITH MY S 5.....Just sayin.....D

Reactions: Gfrfan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may get my Giulia Ti yet!

Salesperson contacted me to say that they placed my 2018 factory order, which I felt was odd as we had not agreed to a price. She said Alfa has not given them the '18 rebate/incentive offers yet so she was unable to give me a firm price as I tried to negotiate. She said she will contact me in Oct to discuss price, after they receive the promotion deals.

Waiting 1 month is fine with me as my A4 order is not scheduled to enter production until mid Oct.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts