Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone else experience severe markups for the Quadrifoglio in the US?

I the heard dealer nearby had one in stock for sale and so I dropped by hoping to give myself a nice little present. I was a bit bummed that there were no Sparco equipped cars yet, but I could talk myself into the normal seats. I arrive only to get a nice dose of sticker shock when they tell me that due to the fact that they've been waiting 9 months for these cars and potential "limited availability" they were marking it up over 20k from from sticker... :surprise:

I wanted to laugh right then and there and walked out. As much as I hate to say it, at 100k, there are a lot of performance cars that can be considered. They also have a few 4Cs sitting on the lot for about a year with no wiggle room so I'm not sure what their strategy is here. I'm happy to pay sticker, but not what amounts to a new Camry in pure dealer profit lol

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
There are a few cars out there that are still being sold at MSRP. Do a nationwide search on Cars dot com and they are there.

The dealers that are asking for over MSRP are only hurting themselves. They are GUARANTEED to continue to maintain a single digit allocation plan for future cars.

There are a few dealers in the USA that are selling high volume and have sold many future allocations. Why? They are not playing the "over MSRP" game.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Couldn't agree more with you guys. The dealers that are playing games like that are ruining the experience and return of Alfa to the US. The people they should really be catering to are the car guys and gear heads out there like us who would take these cars to the track and coffee and cars and show them off to our friends to really help boost the brand name. I know the dealers think that there are so many people out there looking for these cars, but honestly it's only a handful of us. I have been waiting so long to get my hand on a QV, but now so disappointed in the "market adjustment" that I have actually stated looking at other cars again. I agree with OP and think there will be lots of Giulia's sitting along side the 4C's at the dealerships for a long time. Good luck.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Couldn't agree more with you guys. The dealers that are playing games like that are ruining the experience and return of Alfa to the US. The people they should really be catering to are the car guys and gear heads out there like us who would take these cars to the track and coffee and cars and show them off to our friends to really help boost the brand name. I know the dealers think that there are so many people out there looking for these cars, but honestly it's only a handful of us. I have been waiting so long to get my hand on a QV, but now so disappointed in the "market adjustment" that I have actually stated looking at other cars again. I agree with OP and think there will be lots of Giulia's sitting along side the 4C's at the dealerships for a long time. Good luck.
There is a big dealer/Alfa Romeo event over the next couple weeks, upper level management are required to attend. I think you'll see a lot of dealers change their viewpoint on these cars. I just returned from it and it was fantastic as far as what Alfa wants to create with the dealerships. Very customer focused.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Can you divulge the next meeting city?

This past week dealer/tech meeting sounded really awesome with the performance high speed road course and autocross driving. Heard the M3 and an AMG product were compared in the driving segments and the QV was always favored by everyone on attendance.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Can you divulge the next meeting city?

This past week dealer/tech meeting sounded really awesome with the performance high speed road course and autocross driving. Heard the M3 and an AMG product were compared in the driving segments and the QV was always favored by everyone on attendance.
True. Even the pro drivers loved it. After the hot lap the driver's first comment was "it's amazing how much grip it has even in the wet." C63 feels sooo heavy in corners, I currently drive a BMW and when I was in the M3 I was all over the Giulia in front of me, but when I was in the Giulia I left the pack. It's just a level above.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There was a Rosso Competizione at the Tysons corner Fiat dealer. I think it was there for maybe two weeks. And now it is gone from their showroom. I checked it out after a day or two and they had already marked it up $10k, "due to high interest". I assume it is sold now but unfortunately market adjustment is pretty normal in large urban areas where demand is much greater than supply for the latest and greatest....

·
Registered
2 Posts
True. Even the pro drivers loved it. After the hot lap the driver's first comment was "it's amazing how much grip it has even in the wet." C63 feels sooo heavy in corners, I currently drive a BMW and when I was in the M3 I was all over the Giulia in front of me, but when I was in the Giulia I left the pack. It's just a level above.
Obviously most of us haven't driven it like you ... but i would think most of that is down to the Corsas it comes standard with.

Tire budget needs to be a serious consideration if owners decide to stick with Corsas after the first set melt away after the first ~2000 miles on the street (especially if the 3800 lbs wet curb weight is accurate).

I hope the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S comes in compatible size for QV. MPSS doesn't come in QV size right now ...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Obviously most of us haven't driven it like you ... but i would think most of that is down to the Corsas it comes standard with.

Tire budget needs to be a serious consideration if owners decide to stick with Corsas after the first set melt away after the first ~2000 miles on the street (especially if the 3800 lbs wet curb weight is accurate).

I hope the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S comes in compatible size for QV. MPSS doesn't come in QV size right now ...
True. I believe the rears are in the 400 area. I would probably just run the Kumho PS91's. That's what I have on my car now and they're not as sticky as the michelin's but who actually needs corsa's for the street. I would like Michelin's for track day's though, unless pirelli was sponsoring haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts