Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the group.
I am in a process of leasing '18 Ti-Sport AWD.
Dealer said this was deal of century and went for it.
I want feedback to see if I actually got a good or decent deal.
Attached is window sticker.
Waiting for credit approval on monday, will close the deal on next saturday, w/ delivery of following Saturday.

$430/mo for 24 mo, 10k miles/yr. DAS = $3,430.00
Residual = 59%
MF = 0.00049
Buy-out at the end = $33,500.00

Original deal was on non Ti Sport awd for following
$319/mo for 24 mo, 10k miles/yr, DAS = $5550.00
Residual = 60%
MF = 0.00049

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not really spun up on the intricacies of leasing but adding up your numbers comes up with a price of $47000 which is about $8k off the sticker (that thing is loaded!). Thats pre-tax...dont know what your rate is there in MA.

As a purchase comparison.....I was quoted about $9k off the sticker of a $51k MSRP Ti Sport AWD.

Dont know if either of those are the "deal of the century" but seems like they are pretty good.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Money Factor x 2,400 = APR...

So 1.176%, a good lease rate.

10k a year is a non-starter here in Texas, but probably OK in the northeast.

$47,125 is the sales price, give a take a little...call it $8,560 off sticker.

18's are now a year old version...dealer had a loaded version he was never gonna sell to a buying customer, but found a way to lease it...the deal, to me, is good for the dealer, OK for you. At least you got them on the residual, as they seem to have calculated the buy-out at 60% residual.

Honestly, if this was a '19, I compliment you on the buy...as an '18, I'm not so impressed. Good news is its a two year lease, so you avoid the 30k service.

Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is breakdown I got.

MSRP: $56,985.00 (off-from what the window sticker says)
Total sale: $43,450.00 (24% off msrp)
Doc Fee: $895.00
Acq Fee: $695.00
Down: $1,000.00
License/reg/plate: $175.00
Tax: 6.25%

Total lease cost: $13,320.00 = $430*23 + $3430(1st month + due at sign)

Dealer told me the deal I'm getting is stupid not to take.
I have dealer worksheet from 2 other dealers with following:
neither car has ti-performance pkg.

Kelly Alfa

MSRP: $53,335.00
Total Sale: $45,335.00 (15% off)
Doc fee: $402.00
Acq fee: $595.00
Tax: $104.84
Non Tax fee: $135.00
Net price: $46,571.84
Total Lease cost: $16,002.00 = $573*24 + $2250 DAS / $15,896.00 = $454*24 + $5000 DAS / $15,804.00 = $346*24 + $7500 DAS

-------

Evanston Alfa

MSRP: $47,290.00
Selling Price: $39,000.00
Rebate: $2,750.00
Total Saving: $11,040.00 (23.3% off)
Gov fee: $221.00
Doc Fee: $175.94
Cap. Tax: $1,233.00
Gross Cap cost: $41,303.94
Cash cap reduction: $2,436.00
Cap cost reduction: $5,186.00
Adjusted Cap cost: $36,117.94
Down pay: $3,000.00
Total Lease cost: $11,952.00 = $373*24 + $3000

·
Registered
253 Posts
Seems like a fair deal. Considering it's only 24 months with 10k miles per year, you could probably get even a bit lesser of a monthly payment. But if the dealer is actually saying that you'd be stupid to walk away from their deal, I'd say that's a dead giveaway that the dealer is toying with you. Just for that attitude I'd probably be ready to walk away. It's a classic and obvious tactic to try to guilt and shame you into taking the deal that's likely not nearly as good as they say it is. So just be weary is all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Definitely has room in the deal, your DAS divided by 24/mo is an additional 142.91 per month. So your total payment is around 570 considering that. For comparisons sake my MSRP was 41,690 on my base sport, after CCR, and incentives available at the time my cap cost was 32,088. 27/mo 10k 323/mo with taxes. I did put 650 out of pocket for first month and registration. Long story short, I think on your higher optioned Giulia there should be more room to discount.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ideally, i don't want this car.
All I want was Ti-Sport AWD + Ti-performance pkg + Ti-leather in alfa white over red/black.
Searched entire country and no one has spec i want.
Lease hacker threw 10.3yr as score and i wasn't sure where i stood.
but crunching numbers, I couldn't get any other local dealers to budge more than this deal.
2 dealers outright told me, so why haven't you signed that deal and trying to get better deal from us?
that statement from 2 dealer convinced me to take the deal.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Don’t ever second guess yourself based on feedback on this forum and all the wheelers and dealers. If you enjoy the car got in in the ball park that you wanted then you got the right deal. Easy for folks to say what you should do. You can’t sweet talk salesman, you can’t do anything except your homework. Sounds like you worked the right math and congrats.

I will always have a basic question other than for business write off (then who cares about the lease deal) why do people lease cars? To me it just sounds overall like you are just financing cars and you end up with nothing at the end. I keep my cars 10 years pay cash up front and probably on the QV it will cost me 9k per year over 10 years (warranty is 8 year) so I am hoping for 10 years or more. We cycle our cars around 10-15 years depending on their utility or if we just get tired. They are all 5 years apart so we get new cars ever 5 years but pay cash.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you.
I decided to go lease route due to the fact that these cars don't have proven track record in terms of long-term reliability as well as residuals.
i didn't want to get in bed for long-term with something i'm going to regret so i'm cheating a little by making the relationship little more flexible lol.
this way, at least i have option to continue after 2yrs or turn in for newer car.

Reactions: MINIME

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,714 Posts
Except for the HK audio and sunroof (neither of which I wanted) your car is virtually identical to mine. I paid sticker, so it sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

Loaded Giulias fly out of the dealerships, particularly if they have all of the performance package and sport options.

Discounts off of sticker are available, but they do not add up to as much as you got off and my dealer would not recognize the substantial FCA affiliates discount.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Thank you.
I decided to go lease route due to the fact that these cars don't have proven track record in terms of long-term reliability as well as residuals.
i didn't want to get in bed for long-term with something i'm going to regret so i'm cheating a little by making the relationship little more flexible lol.
this way, at least i have option to continue after 2yrs or turn in for newer car.
My only regret is that the speed limits limits the QVs capablilities. But the ride is always a joy. We bought her because we just don’t run up 10k miles a year on our cars. Our commuting miles are 4 miles each way and we have 3 cars to spread the miles. So we factored reliability in and said 8 year warranty and 125,000 miles. The 100k mark just seems to be a killer on many many brands as well as the 60k mark. Not worried about reliability. Maintenance costs are going to be steep but on the QV we would see pricey maintenance costs on a C63, M3, Porsche etc. Can’t get a car like this is you can’t support her needs. 2 year lease is probably a good idea. I would like to flip cars and lease but hubby says no way.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
273 Posts
On a highly depreciating asset like this I prefer to keep my cash and rent it. Especially since it is so new on the market and reliability is questionable.. I never keep my cars about of factory warranty. If you can do under 10k miles a year it is worth the lease. I think that you got a great deal. Definitely under the 1% rule. Maybe you could get them to to throw in the $1k and it would be a steal.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
So over 10 years how much have you paid in lease $$ for a 50k car? End of 10 years = no car. I pay cash no finance. I pay myself back with interest rather than to someone else. The QV is a keeper.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Purchasing is for some, leasing is for others. Both have their pros and cons. Ultimately it’s up to the individuals personal needs, of course. I lease because every time I’ve financed I’ve gotten out of the car 2-3 years later anyways. It just makes sense to lease as I have a track record of getting new vehicles every 1-3 years. If I kept them for the 10+ years you mentioned then yes, I’d probably lean towards the purchase.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,714 Posts
If you drive more than about 13,000 miles/year (like me) a lease is also probably not for you.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I drive 5000 miles a year maybe on any one car. A lease is not worth it for me. I get years out of the same car. Technology changes all the time but not materially to kick one to the curb for at least 10 years. I have 4 more years to go on the MINI. The primary technology we are looking for in the next car same thing the QV has (blind spot, forward collision, rear camera, cross path) but we would like to see front camera and probably a hybrid get a little sexier and more mainstream. Car Play is nice but don’t use when I am driving

Last car we sold had 50,000 miles and 17 years old.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
273 Posts
So over 10 years how much have you paid in lease $$ for a 50k car? End of 10 years = no car. I pay cash no finance. I pay myself back with interest rather than to someone else. The QV is a keeper.
I would prefer to keep my cash and get a new car every 3 years. I put less than 10k a year. I will rent the car. Especially this one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just my commuting miles is 12k miles/year. And that's direct back and forth to work, no other stops, side trips, weekends, etc... I'd love a lease, but that ain't happening to just keep the car in my driveway. I do about 17k-20k/year. That's a non-starter. (Herb Chambers/Boston is a 10k/year with .50/mile over. :lol: )

Meaning, for a 2 year lease, I'd fork over an add'l $10k? :lol:

--kC

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
273 Posts
I will pay about $17,500 over 39 months on my almost $50k car. My money factor is .00029 which equates to an APR of .7%. If I can't do better on my investments than .7% then I need to fire my financial advisor. I also do not have to worry about car accidents impacting the value of my investment. Leasing isn't for everyone but it is for me.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Except that based on the assessments for discounts folks are raving about that $50k MSRP was probably 39k to 40k discounted lease or purchase. I am pretty certain based on the 15-20% discounts everyone is raving and the residuals not being to hot that $50k was a bit off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts