Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some suggestions. The dead pedal is too far of a reach for my left foot so it just kind of hangs out without any support. It is placed really far back compared to my other vehicles and it bugs me when I drive. Any suggestions to build up this space for my left foot?
Thanks, John

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
A driveway paver ? >:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about it! I cannot be the only one with this issue??

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If we are just complaining about something as small and simple as a dead pedal, Alfa Romeo has made a great car

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If we are just complaining about something as small and simple as a dead pedal, Alfa Romeo has made a great car
Thanks for your helpful post!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Half a paver....?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Depending on how much space you are missing to have sufficient leverage with your left foot, you could just install an aluminum dead pedal plate on top of existing one...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Depending on how much space you are missing to have sufficient leverage with your left foot, you could just install an aluminum dead pedal plate on top of existing one...
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe something like this Sparco pedal. It could probably also be bumped out with a spacer behind it if needed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There is a button to move the seat closer....

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
There is a button to move the seat closer....
Smart Alec....

I have similar issue because i think that dead pedal is set slight deeper than gas pedal....no biggie but am used to having more leverage on left foot during spirited driving....since I have no plans to have right foot shortened I ordered aluminum dead pedal that will fit to the tee on Giulia and provide additional 7-8 mm

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Smart Alec....

I have similar issue because i think that dead pedal is set slight deeper than gas pedal....no biggie but am used to having more leverage on left foot during spirited driving....since I have no plans to have right foot shortened I ordered aluminum dead pedal that will fit to the tee on Giulia and provide additional 7-8 mm

Thanks for the suggestion,I appreciate it.
John

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I like my paver idea better....more Italian....D :laugh:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
What is the purpose of a dead pedal?>:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So here it is, about 8 mm thick and seems to have improved the leverage....maybe even looks bit better than the italian solution:)

How did you make this? Looks very good and I would like a solution.
Thanks, John

1 - 20 of 24 Posts