Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive had nothing but issues with my Alfa and the battery. I replaced the battery myself, they have replaced the wiring harness, alrernator and it’s sitting dead at my house as I type this. Auto start/stop never works, check engine light comes on sporadically. Love the car but the reliability issues are crazy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For those with start/stop not working due to low battery, do you always get a notice in the dash that it is disabled? I just realized my start/stop doesn't work unless I am on a freshly charged battery, but never get a notice in the dash.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
For those who are having their batteries drained overnight, are your cars close to your key at night? For example, are you parking in your garage, going in the house and hanging the key on a hook near the door to the garage? If your car is an older model year, have you ever changed the battery in your key fob? If the key fob battery is marginal, and it's hanging within range of the car, the fob may be on/off talking to the car which causes the car to wake up over and over again all night. If the car sits at a dealership for 3 days and the battery doesn't drain, but it drains at your home, it may have something to do with the key fob.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
My car is dead again. No signs of any power. I monitor my battery everytime I am in it. It was charging fine yesterday maintaining over 12 volts and I have been putting highway miles on it every day. I unlocked the car to put something in it, it was fine, came back to it a minute or 2 later and nothing. Put the lithium car starter on it and still nothing. I'll check a few things before calling roadside assistance to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I tried charging battery number 3 and it showed it had a problem and could not be charged. The flatbed driver hooked up his commercial car starter under the hood and it took awhile but it started. It looks like battery number 3 is no good because the voltage rises to 14 volts when driving and his car starter would not work when connected directly to the battery terminals in the trunk.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Battery number 3 tested fine, they recharged it and returned it to me. Turns out I wasn't putting enough highway miles on it to maintain a good charge. I have since decided to change from the 2018 Giulia to a 2020 Stelvio Neroedizone Sport. The newer models are more reliable, the wife and my dad will be able to get in and out easier and the incentives are high at the moment. Sure its a SUV and it doesn't handle near as well as the Giulia, but for right now its the right choice.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Sure its a SUV and it doesn't handle near as well as the Giulia, but for right now its the right choice.
You can still put lowering springs on it... or even coilovers ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Battery number 3 tested fine, they recharged it and returned it to me. Turns out I wasn't putting enough highway miles on it to maintain a good charge. I have since decided to change from the 2018 Giulia to a 2020 Stelvio Neroedizone Sport. The newer models are more reliable, the wife and my dad will be able to get in and out easier and the incentives are high at the moment. Sure its a SUV and it doesn't handle near as well as the Giulia, but for right now its the right choice. View attachment 104137 View attachment 104138
Nice ride, I hope this one works out better.

Battery issue is strange to me. I only drive my Giulia to and from work which is a 5 minute drive in total. Never had my battery die even though I would have expected it to with the very low amount of driving, especially with only 10 minutes a day. Knock on wood.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts