Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The false warnings that came up forward collision warning inactive, brake light out, left turn signal out, daytime running lights out, start stop disabled, Automatic Cruise Control inactive, no fuel gauge displayed, take car in for service warning. The fan for the air vents would run after the car was turned off, the turn signal lights would flash after the car was turned off, the passenger side backup light would stay on after the car was turned off, the start stop button would not shut the car off. Took 3 tries. Went into limp home mode for awhile. The first year they replaced the intelligent battery module and then the start stop would stop working until the battery was charged. I disable the start stop every time I get in. I'm glad the battery is getting changed. I don't think it was good from the start. Anytime multiple warnings come in I suspect the battery. We will see if that fixes the infotainment rebooting and the Sirius station on the screen not changing until the song changes, both are very intermitant. Can't wait to get it back, I still love the car despite it's current issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They changed the battery and the lights are still flashing. They have had the car for 2 weeks now. They say they have a ticket into engineering. They gave me a fully loaded Jeep loaner.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
To me, I would guess wiring harness related, which is probably the worst thing to try and sort out on these cars

·
Registered
300 Posts
with electrical faults first thing is to do full error scan log in all modules. from there you follow repairs otherwise it is just guessing game and you could replace half of car and still won't repair it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They replaced the battery and the outside lights are still flashing. They take readings, email them to Engineering, then when they receive a reply they take the readings Engineering suggests. Three weeks so far in the shop. Its not looking good for repeat business.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I had a 2018 Ti Q4 for 14 months and 16K miles with zero, nada, no issues. It was a perfect car and I repeated business buying a 2019 QV.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
They replaced the battery and the outside lights are still flashing. They take readings, email them to Engineering, then when they receive a reply they take the readings Engineering suggests. Three weeks so far in the shop. Its not looking good for repeat business.
Find a shop that has an actual technician...its obvious your does not.

·
Vendor
1,186 Posts
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Got my Giulia back today. They replaced the battery and the body control module. The body control module had stopped talking to the power train control module and they searched for a broken wire for awhile. Alfa Customer Care was very helpful. If your service lasts longer than expected, definitely message them through this site right away and they will make sure the correct people are communicating. Its good to have it back. The day after I got it back another service engine light with the standard start stop feature disabled and stays in N mode. After 2 hours at the dealer, need to order a harness, a ground connector to a coolant sensor corroded off. 36 hours later, I had it back good as new. Much better turn around this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glad I found this thread. Similar situation happened to me last night. Car (2017 )was idle for 1 week and on start every possible warning light came on and didn't crank. I boosted the car this morning and was able to drive it with warning lights on.

Should I put it on a trickle charger or ask the dealer to replace the battery?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
  1. The dealer is always the safest route, but the battery is close to 570 US dollars out of warranty. I would try charging it, many have had success doing this, but make sure you don't surge the system and ruin some module if that is possible. Search this site to see where they put the positive and negative terminal when they install the alfa battery charger. Don't plug the charger in until those connections are on and reverse that process when taking it off. If the warnings disappear when it is fully charged you should be OK. I don't know if the 2017 has the start stop circuit, but I disable it everytime I get in it with the button on the left side of the dashboard so it doesn't draw additional current. You could always just drive it and that should charge the battery if that system is functioning. I wish you luck. They are wonderful entertaining machines when they are working.

·
Vendor
1,186 Posts
Glad I found this thread. Similar situation happened to me last night. Car (2017 )was idle for 1 week and on start every possible warning light came on and didn't crank. I boosted the car this morning and was able to drive it with warning lights on.

Should I put it on a trickle charger or ask the dealer to replace the battery?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares
Thanks for the reply . I will visit the dealer on Monday the 25th as they dont have room today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the club D. I'm more of a lurker and not poster but today marked the fourth time I have walked out to my beloved eight-month-old 2019 Giulia Ti, only to be greeted by the Vegas light show from the dash. And this is even AFTER the OEM battery was replaced. Called my local and set up a visit tomorrow (they didn't have a loaner today). Frustrating...especially since I was on my way to a doctor's appointment. Good thing I had my trusty portable starter charged up and ready to report for duty. Beyond frustrating? You bet. As I wrote in a PM to Alison, my history with Alfa dates back to 1985 when I owned a GTV-6. Love the brand but this is getting ridiculous. For Pete's sake, I drove a 2013 Abarth for five years with ZERO issues. The local dealership has been great...this certainly isn't their fault but I asked them if they had replaced the IBS when they replaced the battery and they said no. So tomorrow, if they can't figure out what on earth is drawing power at night, I'm going to insist they replace that part. From what I've gathered, it may or may not resolve my issue. I don't use bluetooth in the car so that isn't an issue. I turn the radio off ALWAYS before leaving. I don't use the electronic parking brake (I park on level ground here in south Florida). I've read just about every post within this forum on these batteries issues....still no clue as to what is going on with my car. Strangely enough, for two months following the battery change, it was issue-free. Now, out of nowhere, it decides to start going chest up on me.

I lived in Italy for a good while during my military career. This is what fostered my love for most things Italian. Alfa....lord knows I love ya but come on....ya gotta give me some dependable juice.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts