Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read my manual and checked the web and seems that there is only one DC outlet even though dealership websites say there is "mini overhead storage with 2 DC outlets" repeatedly.

Is there another outlet other than the center console or not?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well USB is DC but if you want 12v I only know of the one in the center console.

I think your dealer website might be talky about the Stelvio maybe, there is decidedly no overhead storage.

What are you trying to do?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
There is only one 12vdc cigarette lighter style outlet in the Giulia. Center armrest console.

The Stelvio has an additional cigarette style 12vdc outlet below the A/C controls beyond the Giulia.

The owners manual documentation details have many errors of omission and overembellishments. Call Alfa Care and they will send you a 2nd stack of manuals containing similar info. Seems as though the hand does not know the foot is connected in the documentation of these cars.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well USB is DC but if you want 12v I only know of the one in the center console.

I think your dealer website might be talky about the Stelvio maybe, there is decidedly no overhead storage.

What are you trying to do?
My apologies, I am not very familiar with car technology like this.

I am getting a Valentine 1 radar detector and have a dash cam, and both need to be powered. I use the USB for charging my Samsung S7 so that's all good.

To me, I am going to buy a splitter which I plug into the cig lighter and it then gives me 2 12v outlets.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is only one 12vdc cigarette lighter style outlet in the Giulia. Center armrest console.

The Stelvio has an additional cigarette style 12vdc outlet below the A/C controls beyond the Giulia.

The owners manual documentation details have many errors of omission and overembellishments. Call Alfa Care and they will send you a 2nd stack of manuals containing similar info. Seems as though the hand does not know the foot is connected in the documentation of these cars.
Thank you very much for your response -- I am not surprised, it's what makes Alfa, Alfa. I find it a little funny there is only one 12v outlet in the entire car, I guess this is why they included so many USB ports (of which I use one...) :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
It is possible to connect a radar detector to the wiring adjacent to the mirror to windshield plastic cover transition. There is a thread here somehere about the connection capability.

·
Registered
576 Posts

I am getting a Valentine 1 radar detector and have a dash cam, and both need to be powered. I use the USB for charging my Samsung S7 so that's all good.

To me, I am going to buy a splitter which I plug into the cig lighter and it then gives me 2 12v outlets.
Is there a hardwire kit available for the Valentine? That's the way I'd go if possible. Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there a hardwire kit available for the Valentine? That's the way I'd go if possible. Just a thought...
Go buy the mirror wire from Radar Mount for the V1 and a mount from Blendmount for the Giulia and it should work, read the "DIY Radar Detector Install" thread here, very very helpful

·
Registered
1 Posts

The rear detector has an adapter on the upper left above the mirror. The wire is tucked into the little console above the mirror. it is long enough for the radar detector to be mounted as far away as the sun visor on the driver's side. In the Flo sun I wouldn't recommend using the windshield suction cup mounts.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Have a V1 hardwired via upper console and even jammed the BOB and bluetooth dongle inside as well. Tight fit but made it work!

Here is one DIY:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.