Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to determine if this is normal......on my dashboard, the “unit of measure” lights for time, temp., mileage, etc are all very dim (and yes I have turned up dashboard lighting to its highest setting). I’ve attached a picture, unfortunately the photo seems to make them show up a bit brighter than they arein real life. In normal ambient daylight, they are barely visible. Is this normal?

Attachments

Reactions: 19737

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
That seems about right. Have you gone to your dealer and looked at another Giulia as a comparison?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems about right. Have you gone to your dealer and looked at another Giulia as a comparison?
No, i’ll Do that when I have it in for the first service, but figured I ask here in the meantime to try and determine if it was really an issue.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
Couldn't' resist:

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
Mine are the same. I've pretty much gotten used to them. I think other FCA products are similar.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Normal...the two/three dots are almost unreadable in daylight. Gonna be tough to get home under these conditions...

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,158 Posts
I’m trying to determine if this is normal......on my dashboard, the “unit of measure” lights for time, temp., mileage, etc are all very dim (and yes I have turned up dashboard lighting to its highest setting). I’ve attached a picture, unfortunately the photo seems to make them show up a bit brighter than they arein real life. In normal ambient daylight, they are barely visible. Is this normal?
Mine is the same.
I notice that your MPG gauge reads right to left. Perhaps you need an update to the FW version on your car?

Does your ice on road warning light work?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine is the same.
I notice that your MPG gauge reads right to left. Perhaps you need an update to the FW version on your car?

Does your ice on road warning light work?
I got the special Hebrew edition......yes, snowflake is there at low temps.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
Maybe the snowflake is only displayed in areas where icy roads aren't an almost everyday thing for 4-6 months of the year.

Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe the snowflake is only displayed in areas where icy roads aren't an almost everyday thing for 4-6 months of the year.
I think maybe you broke the code.....you should just assume the roads are icy, here it’s an exception and we need a warning!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,158 Posts
I think maybe you broke the code.....you should just assume the roads are icy, here it’s an exception and we need a warning!
The point of my question is that I strongly suspect now that you have an early build car with old FW. Can you check?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am able to adjust my dashboard lighting bright enough to see both during the day and at night. However, the highest setting is needed for daytime running in bright light. At night, however, the lights need to be adjusted to the lowest setting so that the display doesn’t blind you. Accordingly, I go through this ritual daily, where I turn it up all the way in the morning and turn it down all the way on the way home at night. Has anyone else noticed this annoyance?

·
Registered
8,062 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The point of my question is that I strongly suspect now that you have an early build car with old FW. Can you check?
It’s a 2017, I think January build. Firmware version MV-002.009.043.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts