Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the bank in the QV and the exit from the drive through is awkward. I clipped a curb and have a small spot of curb rash on my dark tecnico rim. Really pissed me off.

Did anyone get touch paint for dark wheels? If so, where did you get it?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Went to the bank in the QV and the exit from the drive through is awkward. I clipped a curb and have a small spot of curb rash on my dark tecnico rim. Really pissed me off.

Did anyone get touch paint for dark wheels? If so, where did you get it?
I have the same problem -w/dark hole 19 inch wheels. Called Alfa Romeo, (Dealership where I got the car), and spoke with Service. They charge $200.00/wheel. Said it could be up to $250.00 if the rim is bent. Basically, they have a wheel guy who comes out to the dealership once/week. Alternatively, was told a new rim is $600.00 :eek:

Your dealership may have a different cost though - hopefully cheaper. I'm sure there are other alternatives, outside of the $tealerships but just not sure of quality of work.... Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I spoke to a rim repair place. They can repair and recoat the rim for $120. I may just go that route. They have done it on other Alfa’s.
Hey Cro-Cane, did you get your rim fixed, and if so, how did it turn out?

I've been very cautious when parallel parking, but wasn't cautious enough yesterday, and now have some curb rash on my front wheel. Not horrible, but it pisses me off every time I look at it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Cro-Cane, did you get your rim fixed, and if so, how did it turn out?

I've been very cautious when parallel parking, but wasn't cautious enough yesterday, and now have some curb rash on my front wheel. Not horrible, but it pisses me off every time I look at it.
It came out great! Instead of refinishing the entire wheel I found a guy that repaired just the curb rash.

He ground down the spot a little and then buffed it. Then he used a small airbrush to match the wheel color. Then a couple of shots of a clear coat.

You have to look very very hard to see the repair. It is virtually invisible. Best $50 I ever spent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.