Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys- anyone damaged a rim like I have? It’s still seems in perfect shape, but it’s well burred down to the metal just on the edge. If so, how much did it cost?

Gave it a fair barking getting away round a corner from a half smart Audi driver. ****!

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
There’s a thread in this already with info.....search “curb rash”

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There’s a thread in this already with info.....search “curb rash”

Thanks mate. I’ll check it out

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Had the two drivers side wheels redone. Looks like new, cost $350.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,734 Posts
Gave it a fair barking getting away round a corner from a half smart Audi driver.
??? Say what?

Did you scrape something or is there some other way to cause such damage?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Easily fixable and should not be to expensive either.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ouch! I would take it to a good rim repair shop. There are some mobile services as well but I’m not too sure how well they would be able to match the colour. I’ve had good results with the mobile guys with brushed silver rims though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
??? Say what?

Did you scrape something or is there some other way to cause such damage?

Gutter rash Lockem, A-grade variety though

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch! I would take it to a good rim repair shop. There are some mobile services as well but I’m not too sure how well they would be able to match the colour. I’ve had good results with the mobile guys with brushed silver rims though.

Juz, yes fortunately it’s going in to a really good shop today to fit the spoiler, so I’ll get a quote- also found some guys online who looked really good, but I totally worry about the paint like you say.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had the same curb rash on my QV. Took it to a mobile rim repair guy. For $50 he fixed it and you can’t even tell it was there.

The other option is the get the whole rim done.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm booked in for a mobile service here Thursday- it turns out they do all the Alfas for the dealers here in Sydney which made me relieved. $145 AU..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shout out to Pro Auto Repairs here in Sydney. Damage is undetectable and paint matched. I can see why they fix the Alfas here for the dealers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts