Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this has my attention. Found this while browsing through twitter, but this looks pretty "evil". From that villainous front end to that sleek and finished rear end sporting the center exhaust and diffuser. This thing looks all business.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't like it very much. The front end looks like a cat, and while I like cats I don't want to actually own one!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I don't like it very much. The front end looks like a cat, and while I like cats I don't want to actually own one!
Reminds me of the 1990s GTV but modernized, like the one James had in the Top Gear Alfa challenge.

·
Registered
576 Posts
One word: Filthy!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am curious to see what the new coupe looks like. All these renderings are cool, but may not be close, we just don't know yet.

Historically, Alfa's coupes don't look anything like their sedan counterparts, but with the efforts at keeping down manufacturing costs, that may change this time. The cars may share some body panels. For me, the coupe will be pointless unless it offers a performance edge over the sedan. If it's lighter and or has a more rigid chassis, that's a plus. However if it's just a styling exercise, I'll pass.

Greg

·
Registered
189 Posts
Now this has my attention. Found this while browsing through twitter, but this looks pretty "evil". From that villainous front end to that sleek and finished rear end sporting the center exhaust and diffuser. This thing looks all business.

Excellent Giulia Sprint. I would be happy as long as it does not look exactly like the 4 door with 2 less doors.

Based on how they did the Stelvio, I suspect the coupe will unfortunately look exactly like the 4 door Giulia with 2 less doors :(

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hmm, but that is exactly what I would want to see. What I hate is when designers go all concept car and shock jockey and make all kinds of radical alterations to get attention. Knock it off! You need to think practically about how the factory will make the changes and still make a profit. The back end is totally BMW. A pure cop. Front end, stupid concept tangent, kinda like the cheese grater parmigiani headlights on the first 4C. Very dumb. What they need to do is make the doors longer (eliminate the visibility issue on the sedan!) and sculpt the fast back into the trunk lid. It is so short anyway that I would be happy with just the quarter window occupying the space and the rear window begin laid back. This could result in a killer roof line which is what coupes are known for. Let me fins the best one that I like...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
See? Magic in my eyes. And no need for a new rear bumper or diffuser. Cha-ching! Same signature Alfa retro triangular grill and lights. Cha-ching, cha-ching.
:D

http://autoguide.com.vsassets.com/b.../alfa-romeo-giulia-coupe-wagon-renders-01.jpg
now that works for me...a bit larger GT car.....the other car looks like a Tiberon (Flame Suit-On!)....
a poor man's 575 Maranello!...I'll take mine in Foggio/Caramel....ZF8 is fine...bump the power to an even 525....and I'm all-in....
now if we can only get them to build it!!!!!:p

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You know it. Last word at dealership this week was Stelvio on Giorgio chassis for later this year. In this social media age we are way ahead of the curve. Even next year's Giulias could be much improved. Headlight washers, Extra traction control/suspension button in Race, amp housing, remote start.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
After reading through the nice Giulia brochure I have some ideas.

The Ti can gain some Sprint-like performance with a couple of QV options, which should be as simple as bolting them on at the factory. Carbon roof, carbon hood, carbon rear spoiler. And even the famed front splitter could be included. All of these things, save the motors and wiring for the splitter ,will actually save weight!

No extra hardware for dual sunroof. No extra weight from glass. All of these options should be good for performance of the smaller turbo 4 engine.

Why not?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts