Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the current lease particulars are for 2017 Quads - specifically, at 36 mos., the money factor and residual for 10k mi per year? And I'm assuming the lease will be thru Chrysler Capital. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I've found a number of '17 Quads still kicking around. Many of them nicely optioned. And some dealers are willing to negotiate on the leftover '17s. That's not the problem. Getting lease factors from the sales people is like pulling teeth. The mfr usually sets the residual, but the dealers can really play around with money factor, bank fees, etc. That's where the experience of folks on forums like this can really be helpful.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Actually, I've found a number of '17 Quads still kicking around. Many of them nicely optioned. And some dealers are willing to negotiate on the leftover '17s. That's not the problem. Getting lease factors from the sales people is like pulling teeth. The mfr usually sets the residual, but the dealers can really play around with money factor, bank fees, etc. That's where the experience of folks on forums like this can really be helpful.
that all depends on who is underwriting the lease...are dealers using FCA? or a third party?

·
Registered
630 Posts
that all depends on who is underwriting the lease...are dealers using FCA? or a third party?
It depends entirely on the dealer. It seems more and more dealers are going with Ally than with Chrysler Financial these days. Not sure how willing a dealer is to work with someone like Putnam if they don't already have a relationship.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
It depends entirely on the dealer. It seems more and more dealers are going with Ally than with Chrysler Financial these days. Not sure how willing a dealer is to work with someone like Putnam if they don't already have a relationship.
Probably unthinkable back in the day when Ally was GMAC.

·
Registered
630 Posts
True. But with many auto dealerships these days being part of a large regional or nationwide dealership group that sells many different brands, I can see how it might make business sense to choose Ally vs. a manufacturer's captive finance company. I'm sure it all depends on the individual dealership and brand being sold. In my case, Ally was more competitive with lower MF, lower acquisition and disposition fees, and the potential for lease transfer compared to Chrysler Financial.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
since when does dealer set the money rate???...yes they choose who they offer leases through at their dealer....you can always use a broker, your own 3rd party if you can get a better deal

·
Registered
630 Posts
since when does dealer set the money rate???...yes they choose who they offer leases through at their dealer....you can always use a broker, your own 3rd party if you can get a better deal
That's what I meant. The dealer decides which finance company they are going to work with in-house for customers who want a lease. The finance company sets the base MF, the dealer finance guy is welcome to inflate but they're generally not in the business of subsidizing (lowering) it themselves. You're always welcome to try a 3rd party, broker, etc. No guarantee they will be any cheaper because no one works for free.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Unless things have changed substantially when I looked at this last year it made zero sense vs an out right purchase. Residual was so low that it was impossible to justify...

Reactions: Max and Alfaholico

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
That's what I meant. The dealer decides which finance company they are going to work with in-house for customers who want a lease. The finance company sets the base MF, the dealer finance guy is welcome to inflate but they're generally not in the business of subsidizing (lowering) it themselves. You're always welcome to try a 3rd party, broker, etc. No guarantee they will be any cheaper because no one works for free.
I have no experience with a 3rd party broker, know someone who does it all the time as he likes to drive different cars/brands every 2 years and the broker has leverage as they move many cars so they pass that along to him I'm guessing....
I know Putnam Leasing fairly well as they are local to me...but I was under the impression that they deal mostly in very high-end vehicles and create Custom Leases

·
Registered
630 Posts
Lease vs. buy, the car depreciates the same regardless of how you pay for it! The difference is mostly in the details of APR vs. MF, so one might be slightly cheaper than the other depending on the interest you're paying over the term of the deal. In some ways, a lease gives you more flexibility because you can easily ditch it at the end of the lease term if it's a pile of garbage or if you're itching to drive something else and don't want to sell the vehicle yourself. If the estimated RV is higher than the actual cash value, you just beat the house at their own game. If the estimated RV is lower than the actual cash value, you can sell the car on your own and pocket the difference. You can also choose to buy the car out at the end of the lease if you're in love with it, you just don't get to negotiate the sales price twice. But honestly, I don't see any modern car as a long-term hold given how complex they are, how costly and difficult they're likely to be to maintain, and how quickly the automotive world is changing.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Lease vs. buy, the car depreciates the same regardless of how you pay for it! The difference is mostly in the details of APR vs. MF, so one might be slightly cheaper than the other depending on the interest you're paying over the term of the deal. In some ways, a lease gives you more flexibility because you can easily ditch it at the end of the lease term if it's a pile of garbage or if you're itching to drive something else and don't want to sell the vehicle yourself. If the estimated RV is higher than the actual cash value, you just beat the house at their own game. If the estimated RV is lower than the actual cash value, you can sell the car on your own and pocket the difference. You can also choose to buy the car out at the end of the lease if you're in love with it, you just don't get to negotiate the sales price twice. But honestly, I don't see any modern car as a long-term hold given how complex they are, how costly and difficult they're likely to be to maintain, and how quickly the automotive world is changing.
Unless you're in love with Giulia.....Esp Quad Giulia....!!!

Reactions: freedomgli

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I was surprised when my dealer sent Ally paperwork to fill out for my QV. I figured it would be Fiat/Chrysler’s financial division. The 60mo rate seems about par for what’s out there right now, rates are historically so low at this point the interest barely amounts to much. How is Ally overall though?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Unless things have changed substantially when I looked at this last year it made zero sense vs an out right purchase. Residual was so low that it was impossible to justify...

+1 on this.

I have leased BMW, Audis etc for many years. The BMW and AUDI dealers would be forthcoming on residuals and money factors etc so it was easy to calculate your payment based on cap cost.

When I was shopping for a Quad, the lease numbers were impossible to extract from a dealer. The dealers said the lease numbers are so terrible that they won't quote them (the residuals I assume). I asked 3 or 4 dealers and they would go dark if I asked for lease numbers.

So then I decided to shop for a low mileage used one and found one. Good luck on your quest!

Reactions: FlyinWege and Max

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I was shopping for a Quad, the lease numbers were impossible to extract from a dealer. The dealers said the lease numbers are so terrible that they won't quote them (the residuals I assume).
Same for me

·
Registered
69 Posts
Appreciate your perspective as that was what I thought but I keep getting older and miss some of those classics I should have kept. Initial launch QV less thank 1000 made yah. Lots of TLC and Hanging on to her....

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was able to get lease numbers from my local dealer and a dealer in the Bay Area and they were pretty close to each other. This was on a 82K VG Quad with Carbon seats but no carbon brakes all, available options and dealer ad ons, Lojack, tint, Xpel full bra treatment.

36 months, 10,000 miles per year
$7,878 total due at signing
$1,642.53 plus tax
$34,647.80 residual value

Needless to say I was like this makes no **** sense... Lexus GSF's are the same @ 82K and Leases on those were $980 when they were released.

Take it for what its worth but I read these articles not to long after I visited the dealer and test drove a Quad.. They all agreed it was a horrible Idea to Lease a Quad..(cost wise)

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-1-511-month-to-lease

https://jalopnik.com/suprise-the-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-is-also-ter-1797962629

You can lease an Aventador cheaper than the Quad...lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts