Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I am currently considering purchasing a Ti and was wondering if any of the current owners would have some insights. Any issues with the car? The good the bad? Are some options worth the $?
In terms of looks ext/int , i think the car is stunning but is it comfortable as a daily driver?

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello to all,

I am currently considering purchasing a Ti and was wondering if any of the current owners would have some insights. Any issues with the car? The good the bad? Are some options worth the $?
In terms of looks ext/int , i think the car is stunning but is it comfortable as a daily driver?

Thanks!
I have had my Ti for about 5 weeks... I LOVE it. It is super comfortable for daily use. I think it's a bit tight in the rear seat if you are taking kids around a lot. I have the 19" sport package and the front seats are incredibly comfortable. The car drives very precisely in terms of steering and cornering, which is great if you like that, but if you tend to like a car that has a lot of play in the steering wheel, and body roll in cornering, you won't like this. I love the look of the wheels on the 19" sport package. I have the HK upgraded radio, which even as an upgrade, is not great in terms of sound quality. What color combo are you interested in? Mine is Vulcano Black/Red... it's really sharp. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking at either a black / black or Velsuvio/black. How is the infotainment system? How about maintenance ? I guessing an oil change has not been made this early!
Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am looking at either a black / black or Velsuvio/black. How is the infotainment system? How about maintenance ? I guessing an oil change has not been made this early!
Thanks for the feedback!
Correct, no oil change yet. The infotainment system is ok. I really love the integrated screen (far better design than what you get from BMW and Audi these days), and the ability to have a split screen to display two different things. The NAV seems to work well, and the voice recognition on it has been very good. I sometimes have some issues getting the music to play off of my phone, and am not really sure why, but I always get it to work.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a loaded up Giulia Base in Volcano Black and this car has been a BLAST so far!

The car constantly draws attention and the Volcano Black was a great choice...the fleck in the paint is perfect.

I have had no issues with my car but I do HATE the start/stop always in the ON mode at engine start...you have to turn that off before driving to disable that horrid system. (darn govt regulators)

I also own a new Acura MDX w/Tech Pkg in gray so I use that ride when I need to haul friends or family around.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a loaded up Giulia Base in Volcano Black and this car has been a BLAST so far!

The car constantly draws attention and the Volcano Black was a great choice...the fleck in the paint is perfect.

I have had no issues with my car but I do HATE the start/stop always in the ON mode at engine start...you have to turn that off before driving to disable that horrid system. (darn govt regulators)

I also own a new Acura MDX w/Tech Pkg in gray so I use that ride when I need to haul friends or family around.
Yes, the car does get a ton of attention. I was sitting in the car this morning parked in the center of town and people were staring at me and giving me thumbs up!! 6 weeks and counting in mine and I've yet to see another on on the road. I don't of anyone who likes that start/stop thing.. it is awful. Thank goodness there is a button to turn it off, even though it defaults to on.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Picked up my Ti on Feb 22 and have about 800 miles on it so far. I use it as a daily driver, but my commute is not that far. But, of course, there are days after work, I just take it out and drive...it is that fun on the road! Mine is Montecarlo Blue/Black leather with red calipers. I have the 19" sports package, and the seats are fantastic! Also have the 8.8 inch infotainment and HK upgraded sound. I also went with a sunroof, which is strictly a matter of preference. My dealer told me they'd see me at 5000 miles for the first oil change. I truly do love this car....but not everything is perfect. My biggest pet peeve is the drivers seat slides all the way back for ease of exit/entrance. While I like the feature, it can not be shut off. If you have a rear seat passenger or put something behind the drivers seat it will get crushed by the seat. The auto engine start/stop feature also annoys me, but it can be shut off. You just have to shut it off every time you start the car if you don't like it. However, these are two very minor issues compared to what a great car the Giulia Ti is.

·
Registered
81 Posts

I am obsessing on the color choice. Either will be Volcano Black with red interior or tan or Misano Blue with black.

What is the metallic flake in Volcano Black, silver or gold or a combo? What color is your interior? Do you have any pictures in the sun?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want to disable the auto sliding seat on exit/entry, program your first memory setting for your seat. It will stop doing doing the auto slide on exit/entry for some reason.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a black Ti with Lusoo package with light walnut wood trim and cream interior. It is a beautiful contrast with the black exterior. I have had it for a week, and like the others said, it is a blast to drive every day. The one thing that people don't mention enough is how smooth the suspension is, even in dynamic mode. That really surprised me. It's a very easy car to drive and so responsive, whether it is the handling, accelerator or brakes!

It also gets a lot of attention. I had a valet tell me how he wanted to take it home, and he was excited because it was the first one he had driven. I saw a McLaren had been valeted as well, so its not like my car was one of the fanciest.

The only downside is that I feel like a beta tester, there are some annoying glitches:
-The auto stop/start system is really annoying. When it goes off, it cuts the a/c and is slightly jarring when the engine restarts. It gets old after having it happen two or three times.
-The front parking sensors seem to beep even when the car is put in park. I am still not sure if this happens 100% of the time yet... What that means is that every time I park in my garage, the sensors beep constantly until I get out of the car. Strangely, you can disable the visual display of the sensors, bu there is no way to disable just the sound. You have to turn the sensors off altogether to stop the blaring sound.
-The back up camera only uses half the screen, so the other half can be taken up by the rear parking sensors. Even if you deactivate the parking sensors, you cannot get the camera full-screen. It's too small of an image, even on the optional, larger nav screen. This too should be a setting.
-programming the memory seat wiped out the easy entry/exit seat sliding feature. I miss it. It made it a lot easier to get in and out. There should be a setting or option to reactivate it, but there isn't.
-There doesn't seem to be any traffic data (at least in Houston) for the navigation system. Almost every car now has some type of traffic information. I miss that info for my commute. I hate having to look at my phone to find out if traffic is backed up on my way home. Maybe the future update to Android Auto/Apple Carplay will make this less important.

I'm hoping that at least some of these issues get fixed in a future firmware update. None of them are showstoppers, they are just slightly annoying.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am obsessing on the color choice. Either will be Volcano Black with red interior or tan or Misano Blue with black.

What is the metallic flake in Volcano Black, silver or gold or a combo? What color is your interior? Do you have any pictures in the sun?

Thanks
I have Volcano Black with Black Leather. Here is a pic where you can see the "silver" looking fleck in the paint...

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you want to disable the auto sliding seat on exit/entry, program your first memory setting for your seat. It will stop doing doing the auto slide on exit/entry for some reason.
Thanks for the tip. Tried it on mine and it didn't stop it. No matter which programming button I use, the seat still slides. And I agree with your comments above on the auto stop/start function. At least it can be turned off.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a base Giulia in Stromboly Gray on Black with the black wheels, 1000 miles no true issues, just some quirks to adapt to. It is perfect daily driver and great touring machine. I got it for some long distance running. Maintenance should be extremely cheap with annual service schedule (or 10K miles).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picked up my Ti on Feb 22 and have about 800 miles on it so far. I use it as a daily driver, but my commute is not that far. But, of course, there are days after work, I just take it out and drive...it is that fun on the road! Mine is Montecarlo Blue/Black leather with red calipers. I have the 19" sports package, and the seats are fantastic! Also have the 8.8 inch infotainment and HK upgraded sound. I also went with a sunroof, which is strictly a matter of preference. My dealer told me they'd see me at 5000 miles for the first oil change. I truly do love this car....but not everything is perfect. My biggest pet peeve is the drivers seat slides all the way back for ease of exit/entrance. While I like the feature, it can not be shut off. If you have a rear seat passenger or put something behind the drivers seat it will get crushed by the seat. The auto engine start/stop feature also annoys me, but it can be shut off. You just have to shut it off every time you start the car if you don't like it. However, these are two very minor issues compared to what a great car the Giulia Ti is.
I didn't noticed the seat slides backward... so does it do the same for the passenger side? I guess to go around this is to let the rear passengers out and you will get out last? Which is like reverse of what ppl will usually do... that is - driver get out of the car first.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It does not do the same on the passengers side. Just the driver's seat. I rarely have people in the back, so smashed feet have not been an issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello to all,

Thanks!
Have a test drive and you will answer all your questions :)

It is a great car, I have done 800 miles so far and no prob at all. It is by far the best car I have driven in my life and it looks so **** cool!

·
Registered
82 Posts

Thanks
I have Vulcano Black with the red interior. LOVE it. I'll have to give a closer look to the metallic fleck.. it is definitely multi colored. The red interior is beautiful. Not too bright at all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Q4 Rosso Alfa. Have 7,000 miles. I drive about 130 miles every week day. Absolutely no issues. Awesome car!

I agree the 2 annoying issues are the start/stop and the sliding driver's seat.
I suspect most turn the start/stop off every time. I wonder how long would the starter last not turning it off and driving in city traffic. In addition, if most of the engine wear is on start up, probably not a good thing anyway
The front of the car is stunningly beautiful, but easy to get damaged by highway debris. The paint is gorgeous, but seems very thin and easy to damage. Also, the front spoiler is really low, so careful with the curb when parking front end.

This car is so gorgeous, that is like going on a date with a beautiful woman! I do not want anyone to get too close or touch her!:wink2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts