Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed on QV the rear brake has 2 calipers, one red (or colored) and one black. Is it one for regular brake the other for traction control? Torque Vectoring? help traction in some way? Or both of them work as a team in all situations?

On a base/sport Giulia, the spec said front Brembo Front brake, does it mean the caliper at the back not Brembo supplied? On QV all Brembo? What about TI?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The second set of smaller calipers are probably the parking eBrake.
Although it’s a shame that it’s not like this picture, which is a much more elegantly integrated unit.

Yeah the Ferrari’s are certainly pretty but those all in one units, like everything on a Ferrari, probably cost a small fortune. I think if the backs on the QV were even bigger all in one units dwarfing the fronts it might be to much of a good thing in the brighter color caliper options. I’m pretty happy with the way they are as is :D

Attachments

Reactions: ybba

·
Registered
537 Posts
^Inside drum is a horrible disaster for a daily driven car, the shoes rot off and the linkages seize, at least in my area.....the second caliper is the best system I’ve seen, not pretty, but very effective.

Reactions: Glenn

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The other car I observed using 2 caliper at rear is the Tesla Type-S. There must be a reason for this set up.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The other car I observed using 2 caliper at rear is the Tesla Type-S. There must be a reason for this set up.
Probably implemented as a package by Brembo for cars which use electrical-mechanical brake system. Not many cars use such systems as of now, I think Tesla and the Giulia/Stelvio are pretty much the only ones afaik, but many more are to follow...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.