Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was driving in the city and curbed one of the rear wheels of my new Giulia. In your experience, do reputable detail shops do a pretty good job? Would it be worth asking the dealer for the paint code or am I overthinking it? I'd rather the dealer not know so I can avoid getting dinged when trading in the lease.

I only have experience with curbed silver wheels which are easy to paint match. But gloss black seems like another ballgame.

Thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
Check for a wheel repair shop in your area with good reviews. They normally do a great job repairing/painting and its normally not too expensive. Dont bother tell the dealer the repair shop should be able to just match it

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check for a wheel repair shop in your area with good reviews. They normally do a great job repairing/painting and its normally not too expensive. Dont bother tell the dealer the repair shop should be able to just match it
The mobile repair guys are obviously more convenient. Do you think the quality of work would be any less? Seems like the best rated repair guys in my area are mobile.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys. I'll probably just roll with the mobile repair. It's a lease, just has to look good enough that I don't get fined upon trade in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you guys. I'll probably just roll with the mobile repair. It's a lease, just has to look good enough that I don't get fined upon trade in.
Centerline Afla sells a paint match kit if youre really worried about getting the color right. Havent got mine fixed yet, but I bought the kit as I bought it used with both the passenger side wheels curbed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Centerline Afla sells a paint match kit if youre really worried about getting the color right. Havent got mine fixed yet, but I bought the kit as I bought it used with both the passenger side wheels curbed.

Awesome suggestion. The 5-hole wheels are more gunmetal grey than the gloss black on my "Miron Y spoke" wheels. I'll call Centerline to see if they sell a paint match kit for those.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I bought the Centerline wheel paint and the Vulcano Black touch up. Fast shipping and legit quality product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts