Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now you know why my screen name ends in Nut. :nerd: I got too close to the curb while going into a traffic circle. I started a new thread not to hijack on another existing thread.

I hope to have my Giulia scrapes fixed before the car show in Issaquah by Sunday, April 15th. However I might run out of time.

My question:

I have an online request in for a repair quote. The company has a fully equipped van that comes to your house for the repair. I should hear back by tomorrow. They seem to have a very good reputation. Do you think they will be able to do a scrape repair with a suitable color match. I can't find any Alfa color code for this wheel. This wheel (see photos below) is a satin gray 5 hole wheel that comes with the base Giulia Sports Appearance Package plus evidently the Ti Performance Plus Package and available with Ti Sports Package (from page 77 of the 2017 color brochure from Alfa Romeo).

First photo is of the Rear wheel with 25" scrape. The next photo is of the Front wheel with a 4" and 8" scrape. The wheel gray color is darker than my photos show. Other photo is from the Giulia Brochure.

Thanks Very much for any help or advice.
Chuck :D

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Chuck, what the heck, the week before the car show?

I hope you are able to get it fixed. Have you asked one of the dealers over there. I would hope one out of the 4 would be able to help out or something.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woodstk88, thanks Robert! If I can't get it fixed by the show then I'll just point at you and say its his Giulia. :D

I hope to use the wheel guys that come to our place and fix it. I'm really pressed for time this week due to some medical issues/biopsies. etc.

Otherwise, I'll just grin and bear it or say it happened yesterday. ;)

Chuck

·
Registered
573 Posts
It happens. I am looking forward to the weekend. Its a road trip for me and my sister lives over there so the wife and I are coming over Sat. morning.

Hope things work out and you are able to get them fix. Hope all the other stuff turns out well for you as well.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It happens. I am looking forward to the weekend. Its a road trip for me and my sister lives over there so the wife and I are coming over Sat. morning.

Hope things work out and you are able to get them fix. Hope all the other stuff turns out well for you as well.
Also it seems that these days car dealers don't like to get into any collisions repairs, etc. I think the wheel repair mobile company will most likely have a good answer for me by Thursday.

I almost hate to mention this but I'm worrying a bit about the forecast for Sunday. That far in advance seems to change every day. I'll let you and others know ASAP if things look bad weather wise.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I did that to both drivers side wheels. $350 later they are good as new.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you can, let me know what paint they use to fix it. I have the same wheels but about a 2 inch scratch. I Sanded it down and repainted it.
The problem is that I can’t find a paint match. Krylon primer is close but a bit light. Almost unnoticeable but I can see it and it bugs me.
Max Tenet

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,804 Posts
go to a panel beater/spray painter, they have the skill to match the colour and may give you a small sample in a jar for you, they go off what is in front of them, not chart codes

the easiest method for wheel repair guys is to spray the whole wheel, which leaves the obvious and commonly reported problem of wheel colour shade mismatches

good luck,

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I bought touch up paint from FCA for the Dark 5 Holes on line. Perfect match. Search it out.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the feedback and advice.

My one problem is that there are a number of different 5 hole wheels. My specific wheels come on the Base Giulia with sports exterior package (and perhaps some of the Ti's). They are thicker in spoke design and have a medium gray flat matte finish. They are not even close to some of the "dark" 5 hole wheels that have a shiny finish. My wheels are somewhat darker than they appear in the before scrape photo below.

Good news is I have lucked out and found an excellent mobile wheel damage and dent repair firm based out of Olympia, WA that covers 1-5, WA and OR. I sent them an online repair quote request with close up photos. Talked to one of the people today and he said next week. Told him I had the car show this weekend and he said OK, he would come by tomorrow after his appointments and squeeze me in, what a nice guy. Confirmed he would do the repair on the ground without even removing the wheel. They use a sophisticated spectrophotometer for an on the spot paint match. I found several other wheel repair guys who quoted about $75 less per tire. However I'll go with these pros and get it done tomorrow. I have figured out the unusual curb placement issue at the traffic circle and won't make that same mistake again.

I'll report back on the repair job soon.

Chuck :smile2:

Photos of

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Nut, you're on your own. I was sending the link for guys asking for the Dark 5 holes.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Should be available elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Should be available elsewhere.
Lots of colors....no dark graphite....checked Amazon also.....

Double :frown2::frown2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts