Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Alfa called me today about an open case I have and I asked when the fix will be available. She said it was released today, so I have an appt to do the BSM software update tomorrow morning.

I’m taking a trip this weekend to the KY Bourbon Trail, so I’ll get plenty of highway time to test it out.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Ditto, dealer called today and said they couldn't close my open case from yesterday till I got the ACC RRT update. 15-45 minutes.

V27 Recall, NHTSA Recall # 19V-148, March 1, 2019

"In certain circumstances while ACC is active and the traction control detects a specific wheel slip, it is possible for a positive torque request to be locked by the BSM which may result in unexpected acceleration. If the driver does not shift to neutral or apply the brakes to stop the vehicle this condition can cause a vehicle crash with prior warning."

Reactions: julianm

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I have the same issue with the MyAlfaRomeo app this week. Wss working fine before but when I launch it now (curiosly to check on recall info) it just tries to start and crashes with the "MyAlfaRomeo app has stopped" message.
I just tried uninstall followed by install, but as soon as I log in it still crashed.

The Mopar website now says 3 recalls for my car, 2 of which are complete (it previously said no recalls). The new recall is V27. However, the Mopar website link to the description of the issue goes to "page not found".

·
Registered
388 Posts
I just tried uninstall followed by install, but as soon as I log in it still crashed.

The Mopar website now says 3 recalls for my car, 2 of which are complete (it previously said no recalls). The new recall is V27. However, the Mopar website link to the description of the issue goes to "page not found".
IMO it’s easier to use https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

·
Registered
345 Posts

Same issue here, the Alfa app no longer works on my phone.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Recall completed and I haven’t been thrusted uncontorably into another vehicle yet. So, I guess all’s good.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My app updated to show I'm due for this recall. My service center, naturally, can't see me for several weeks. Enough time to issue another recall just after I visit, FCA, you hear me??

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Mine just popped up on the NHTSA site. Time to schedule my first visit at Herb's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do these recalls and updates reset all your favorites settings and such ? I hope not, as I am needing some of these updates/recalls, and they are being done next week. :frown2:
This recall is an update to your ABS module, but it could be more than one consecutive update. You could have one update needed or three. So no this recall should not affect any settings in your infotainment system.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Thanks for that info, mine turned off in a rain / wet snow storm thought it was another gremlin..
Didn’t think you even supposed to use cruise control in the rain? Certainly not in snow!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
actually is was the front collision that turned off, then went back on... I get confused :grin2:
Probably not related to the recall. Either the radar or the windshield camera got obstructed by snow and/or water. They all shut off under said conditions.

ACC lacks a backup standard cruise control function when the radar is obscured.

Although cruise control is not recommended for use in the snow, it is possible to drive over a mountain pass, get the radar covered with snow and disabled as a consequence, then continue on dry roads with the cruise control annoyingly disabled for a considerable distance.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Got the recall software update today on my Giulia QV. Talked to the technician and he said it does not reflash your ECUs for those of you that have mod ECUs.
He said the problem was while using adaptive cruise control if the wheels would slip sometimes instead of putting on the brakes it would put on the gas!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Right, by the computer thinking it can help you by "stabilizing" the car, by applying a bit more torque on one side to keep you straight, ignoring the fact that you were trying to cruise AND follow another car. Does that sound about right?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts