Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Romeo recalls Giulia and Stelvio — cruise control can go haywire

I *just* got my Giulia back from the UB9 recall—yes my brake line had been damaged—and now I'll probably have to take it back in another month.

I'm currently 3 for 3 in having a new recall be announced within a week of bringing my car in for service. If anyone wants to know when the next recall will be, just ask when I'm bringing my car in. :smile2::grin2::crying:

·
Registered
85 Posts

I *just* got my Giulia back from the UB9 recall—yes my brake line had been damaged—and now I'll probably have to take it back in another month.

I'm currently 3 for 3 in having a new recall be announced within a week of bringing my car in for service. If anyone wants to know when the next recall will be, just ask when I'm bringing my car in. :smile2::grin2::crying:
LOL!

We were about to take ours in for the brake line issue and rebooting fix but I guess we'll hold off for a bit! Expected issues when we bought early... don't regret a thing, still loving the car! :smile2:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I believe the recall is just for cars with Adaptive Cruise control? I'm sure @MacGeek can confirm? I don't have that feature on my Giulia. I'm sure the adaptive cruise control is a very effective safety feature, but it is a feature that has never appealed to me. Glad I don't have it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do these recalls and updates reset all your favorites settings and such ? I hope not, as I am needing some of these updates/recalls, and they are being done next week. :frown2:

·
Registered
327 Posts

just checked my VIN from mopar warranty/recall site and it's not popping up yet where I do have ACC.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I believe the recall is just for cars with Adaptive Cruise control? I'm sure @MacGeek can confirm? I don't have that feature on my Giulia. I'm sure the adaptive cruise control is a very effective safety feature, but it is a feature that has never appealed to me. Glad I don't have it.
I have never used the cruise control on my car.

I should check to see if I even have adaptive cruise control.

I doubt I do since I have the base model but I'll check.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
My Alfa Romeo App simply crashes (it was working last week). Maybe I need to re-install?

Mopar says two recalls on my car (Sept 2017 build), both completed.

NHTSA says NO recalls on my car. What is with that?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Oh OK then. I hadn't read the linked article, and I assumed the recall had been published in the US already (it's been published yesterday in Europe).

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Just checked mine. None whatsoever. Booyah! :D I do know that anti collision and ACC WILL shut off in heavy down pours. The radar gets overwhelmed by the droplets. The ECU tells you it's off with a light but doesn't say why ;)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Just checked mine. None whatsoever. Booyah! :D I do know that anti collision and ACC WILL shut off in heavy down pours. The radar gets overwhelmed by the droplets. The ECU tells you it's off with a light but doesn't say why ;)
At least in my car if the windshield is dirty I get a different warning stating that the windshield is dirty and therefor ACC functionality is limited. ACC will also shut off temporarily if I override it with excessive throttle use (e.g. to pass on a 2 lane road). It takes a couple or 10 seconds for the system to recover and allow the ACC to be enabled again. No popup appears when it gets disabled this way, but it will say "ACC Temporarily unavailable" if I try to re-engage ACC during said recovery time.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Yes I have seen that too. Even just on my trip last month. Lots of salt spray on the windshield at freeway speeds. it told me to wipe the windshield. I actually ran out of fluid, and it told me that too. The message is very bright by the way. Kind of annoying late at night after 8 hours on the road. But a simple press of the button on the end of the wiper stalk and it clears for another few minutes. Grade angle also effects the sensor in the bottle so it is not always consistent. With ACC, however, it does not tell you WHY it's disabled or unavailable. It took a while for me to realize why it was disabled with not much traffic around, except torrential rain drops, and cats n dogs splashes on the pavement ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since folks seem to not click through:

The company says a software error caused the problem, and it's advising people not to use the adaptive cruise control until it's repaired.

Owners will be notified next month when they can schedule an update to the brake system software.
Which raises the question of why/how Alfa is really advising people to stop using a feature by waiting several weeks before notifying people.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My Alfa Romeo App simply crashes (it was working last week). Maybe I need to re-install?

Mopar says two recalls on my car (Sept 2017 build), both completed.

NHTSA says NO recalls on my car. What is with that?
I have the same issue with the MyAlfaRomeo app this week. Wss working fine before but when I launch it now (curiosly to check on recall info) it just tries to start and crashes with the "MyAlfaRomeo app has stopped" message.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't have ACC so yayyyy! I don't have to detune or wait. Sorry to others. Though I did want ACC, there was just limited inventory when I brought mine. But I don't think I'm missing it. I've had loaners with it and it is more of a nusiance as well as the vibrating beeps.

I also agree that it will also be a simple software flash.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts