Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using the cruise control of my Giulia TI I noticed that if I attempt to adjust the speed up or down by tapping the steering wheel toggle switch it changes by 3 to 5 mph. Every other car I have driven changes by 1 mph. I tried using a very short duration push of the switch with no success.

Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
68 Posts
When using the cruise control of my Giulia TI I noticed that if I attempt to adjust the speed up or down by tapping the steering wheel toggle switch it changes by 3 to 5 mph. Every other car I have driven changes by 1 mph. I tried using a very short duration push of the switch with no success.

Has anyone else noticed this?
The system is designed as follows:
1. Full push/pull up/down will adjust it by 5 mph in either direction
2. Slight push/pull up/down will adjust it by 1 mph in either direction, when i say slight i mean slight.

Anything more than slight will do the first point.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The system is designed as follows:
1. Full push/pull up/down will adjust it by 5 mph in either direction
2. Slight push/pull up/down will adjust it by 1 mph in either direction, when i say slight i mean slight.

Anything more than slight will do the first point.

Hope this helps.
That works! Doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in the owner's manual. Thanks for your help gjain76.

Reactions: gjain76

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, guys.....This has been the bane of my existence with this car....the only one so far. I find that it takes the touch of a master concert pianist to make this cruise control work without almost constant fiddling, which is vey distracting. I curse it constantly. Wish there were a good fix. The little CC stalk on my wife’s Benz works flawlessly to give either a 1 mph or 5mph jump and hat’s the way it shoud be.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Yeah, guys.....This has been the bane of my existence with this car....the only one so far. I find that it takes the touch of a master concert pianist to make this cruise control work without almost constant fiddling, which is vey distracting. I curse it constantly. Wish there were a good fix. The little CC stalk on my wife’s Benz works flawlessly to give either a 1 mph or 5mph jump and hat’s the way it shoud be.
No issue with mine, light touch gives you 1 mph, hard push gets you 5.

Reactions: -ds-

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I wish it were that simple and easy, but mine just doesn’t seem to work that easily and consistently.....maybe it’s a dud!
Maybe, I just haven’t seen many complaints on this specific issue. Although now that you’ve refreshed this thread maybe they will all crawl out of the woodwork 😂

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have to agree with Winger; mine works as expected. I use it whenever I drive on the interstates, known speed traps, etc. Is is the 1 mph / 5 mph increments that are giving you a hard time or something else?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I wish it were that simple and easy, but mine just doesn’t seem to work that easily and consistently.....maybe it’s a dud!
It is that simple and easy. When you push the cruise control toggle, there is an obvious "click" at the point where it will go to the bigger speed jump "2nd stage" . As long as you don't go beyond that "click" it will always be 1mph change (or 1km/h change, depending on the car's setup).

Having said that, I personally know some people that have, (and I mean absolutely no disrespect here) let's called it "not quite as dexterous fingers" that find it hard to stop pushing the toggle at the click. Unfortunately you might be one of them. Happens to me from time to time too, but I can always tell when I've gone beyond the "click".

Reactions: -ds- and DrSoup_MD
1 - 10 of 10 Posts