Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Crazy pricing on QV

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  John_K_348 
#1 ·
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a QV. Two local dealers have a huge inventory - 12 and 7. I got a written quote for $11k off sticker! They said it was a special from home office for March.

I'm really thinking I should pull the trigger. Even if I only keep the car a year or two. I don't think I'd loose money.

#2 ·
Cool, that’s a good discount, most seem to pay more than sticker around here....and actually there was a used QV selling for $10k less than new sticker, and it had 7k I think.
What’s your location?

#3 ·
I think you will LOL ... and I love the car with a passion

People have traded them in (or at least gotten quotes) under 60k ... I see cheapest ones going for 61-62k with low-ish miles

Buy this car because you love it ... discounts will only offset blow

#10 ·
This is a second car for me and I just like rowing my own gears. With that said, I’m still interested in the Q.
Then put it in manual mode and row your own gears with the lovely paddle shifters! Why are people so enamoured with a clutch pedal? Just slap a paddle and be done with it!

#11 ·
I'm just old school. Maybe just old....

It's so rewarding and fun to drive a manual well. Especially a launch. A lot trickier than mashing the go fast pedal and holding on.

I know a DCT/Autobox are always going to be faster, but it's not about the speed for me. It's about the entrainment and engagement.

I do love those giant machined aluminum paddles on the QV. I'm afraid I may end up just keeping the slush box in D.

I had a E60 M5 SMG years ago and once the novelty wore off I just stayed in D. Granted that SMG was awful!

#12 ·
I can't help but notice the similarities:
- I just traded in my M3 manual for a QV. I miss the manual, but a proper working auto trans/DCT is a good compromise for me
- I also used to have the E60 M5 with SMG. This has been the most misunderstood trans. The worst thing you can do was use it in "D". It was hopeless, I used mine in manual mode 99% of the time and LOVED it. The key was to use it like a manual, lifting off the gas when you shift.

With the QV, I do dislike some behavior about the shifting process, but it is almost as good as the Porsche PDK system. My main dislike is the slow takeoff from a standstill as the clutchpack takes up. It reminds me of the older Audi CVT transmissions, but not as slow. There is a noticeable lag until the power comes in and you start moving. This is in dynamic mode, not race mode.

#13 ·
Manual? Stone age! Check this vid of the now dated but incredible 155. Flappy paddles, all wheel drive. Skip to 7:46 to see the the host jump in the cockpit. Guest bangs through the gears on the lift at the end. Epic!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.