1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

So great to be amongst other Alfisti!

I am actually a batsh*t crazy Alfa fan.

My first car was a 147 Selespeed that broke more than it drove, but I loved it ever so much.

Since then I've had well over 20 Alfas.

Lately, I've tried to venture outside Alfa a few times.. To remain objective. So I've dabbled and owned an Aston Martin, a few Mercs and even an Audi R8. All I've only lasted a short amount of time in as NONE give me the sheer joy and pleasure of an Alfa. They are truly a driver's car and they're the only cars that make me giggle like a 4 year old.

Right now, my story is as such... I was amongst the first Aussies to own a Giulia QV in 2017. I LOVED IT TO BITS. Approx 6 months into owning it, I was offered a cheap 2017 Mercedes AMG GT. So I bought it and sold the Giulia.

To 99.99% of people this would be considered an upgrade of massive proportions. The GT is, by far, the sexiest car on the road (especially how I've dressed her up). Yes it's "fast" and yes it's very sexy and yes it turns heads as much as a Ferrari (it really does). But, and it's a big but, it is so so so boring to drive when compared to the Giulia. I miss the Giulia so much.

In fact, I miss the Giulia so much, I have bought another brand new 2018 QV and am awaiting her return to me in a few weeks. And, yes, I'm selling the Merc.

I'm sure someone would find the Merc nice and fun blah blah.. But it's simply no Alfa.

Also, believe it or not... The other car that was going to replace the Giulia was a McLaren 570GT. I test drove it for 4 days. It was insanely fast, much faster than the Giulia and Merc. It was sexy as ever. It was smooth. It really ticked all the boxes. But, honest to God, the Giulia felt more crazy and felt way more engaging and fun to drive. McLaren was quick, but clinical. Giulia is just the best car I've ever driven in life - hands down.

Here's an article that a major Aussie Car Mag wrote on me late last year about my insane obsession

https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/wheels-stories-an-alfa-obsession

Here's the Sexy Merc I'm replacing with the Alfa

Check out this Mercedes-Benz AMG GT.
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Mercedes-Benz-AMG-GT-2017/SSE-AD-5353376

And I've attached some photos of my new love that I'm reuniting with..

I also managed to secure some Sparco Seats from the US to install in it!

Very exciting to be here fellow Alfa nuts!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Your steering wheel is on the wrong side I'd fix that.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,100 Posts
The things I learn here. Sydney has a "spaghetti belt". I may need to research what other cities share that august characteristic.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hehehe... because of your post i'll get too late to work :p

But it's simply no Alfa.

If you want to make the Alfa-horror even worse, just try one of the transaxle-cars - a 75TwinSpark is something that works well.

And it is the very best shitbox i have ever driven in my life.

Best regards
Waldek

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hello batsh*t crazy Nathan and welcome! Great thread here but my neck is getting a little stiff looking at your awesome new QV. I'll see if I can fix that photo. More photos please. :D

Chuck From Up Above :nerd:

BTW: No offense but I really don't care for the looks of the 2017 Mercedes AMG GT. Looks are important to me and to each his own. ;)

Attachments

Reactions: GMcA

·
Registered
197 Posts
...The other car that was going to replace the Giulia was a McLaren 570GT. I test drove it for 4 days. It was insanely fast, much faster than the Giulia and Merc. It was sexy as ever. It was smooth. It really ticked all the boxes. But, honest to God, the Giulia felt more crazy and felt way more engaging and fun to drive. McLaren was quick, but clinical. Giulia is just the best car I've ever driven in life - hands down.
What I don't get is that a crazy alfa owner changed 'Giulia ... the best car I've ever driven ... hands down' for a Mercedes AMG GT: a crazy moment, I guess.

Glad to see sanity return :grin2: Welcome back!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome back mate. That’s a great yarn too!

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts