Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Crappy sound from the turn signal blinker !

9K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  wingler 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Am I the only person complaining about the "horrible sound" coming from the dashboard when i use my turn right/lefd indicator ?

Sincerely, I feel coming back 30 years ago on low cost utilitary vehicle ....
This is uncacceptable.
I tested some days ago a 500X car and the "sound" was OK.

I asked my car dealer, he told me there is no possibility to adjust the volume/level ; nor the kind of sound for sure !

OK, it's not really an issue, nevertheless I consider this should be corrected / improved !

Anyone there experimenting the same ?

Regards

#3 ·
Hi Guys,

Am I the only person complaining about the "horrible sound" coming from the dashboard when i use my turn right/lefd indicator ?

Sincerely, I feel coming back 30 years ago on low cost utilitary vehicle ....

OK, it's not really an issue, nevertheless I consider this should be corrected / improved !

Anyone there experimenting the same ?

Regards
It reminds me of a 1978 Chrysler or any American car from the 70s really. I don't care for the sound either but it doesn't really bother me.

#7 ·
Does anyone know exactly where the turn signal indicator click sound is coming from, where the source of the sound is located. If it is inside the dash, is it assessable to reach and can you sound insulate it with foam or wrap it with some padding? Even a piece of heavy tape over it might decrease the sound.

#14 ·
Can we hack the software and substitute a different sound file so it has Sophia Loren saying, "Left tune, and right turn" or something like that? :D I can do that with Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 and Race 07. :D

Reactions: Chicago
#9 · (Edited)
Is there a chance to have a drawing showing the position of this buzzer in the car ?

From what I know there his at least 2 devices that have been settled in the car.
Someone I talked with told me he has a light sound in his early Giulia (2016)
The same person noticed an increased noise in another Giulia he tested this last week.

Sincecrely this howful sound drives me crazy.

#13 ·
Don't worry, you'll get used to it... I would say the placement of the actual signal location where it blinks it is a bit more of an annoyance since when you're using the turn signal, it's when you're at a stop sign/stop light. the signal is behind the needle for the speedometer. Not a huge problem, but just a wish that it wasn't placed there - filed under ergonomics I guess..

On the flip side, I guess you should know which way you're turning anyway so no need to see where it's placed right?

#15 ·
Would you rather it sounded like the lane departure warning? That one really gets my dogs' attention.

Reactions: Richardalfa
#16 ·
Hi Guys, Am I the only person complaining about the "horrible sound" coming from the dashboard when i use my turn right/lefd indicator ? Sincerely, I feel coming back 30 years ago on low cost utilitary vehicle .... This is uncacceptable. I tested some days ago a 500X car and the "sound" was OK. I asked my car dealer, he told me there is no possibility to adjust the volume/level ; nor the kind of sound for sure ! OK, it's not really an issue, nevertheless I consider this should be corrected / improved ! Anyone there experimenting the same ? Regards
I couldn't agree more with u. I was looking for comparison but u found perfect one. I laughed so hard. It is like a low cost utility vehicle and it annoys the living crap out of me. Did u find the solution?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.